China now second largest economy in the world!

With their enormous pool of cheap labor, how could they be anything but?

That being said, maybe it's time for American workers to start working for cooley wages also.

With their enormous pool of cheap labor, how could they be anything but?

That being said, maybe it's time for American workers to start working for cooley wages also.

That is the plan. It is called becoming competitive in the global economy.

How long before they become number 1?

Time to include speaking Chinese in the MBA programs?

Kenyans were teaching English to their people. A few years ago, they switched to teaching them Chinese. Do you think they know something we don't?

Hillarious, China's per Captia is a about $6,600 to our $47,000. Yes they will pass us in total. None of us will see them pass us per person.

But they will drive oil to new high's within a decade.

This was a matter of when, not if. I read about this going to occur sometime in late 2010 last year.

While the U.S may be passed at some point, China's economy and overall growth is instable and will be likely harmful at some point than helpful in the long run.

How long before they become number 1?

Time to include speaking Chinese in the MBA programs?

Kenyans were teaching English to their people. A few years ago, they switched to teaching them Chinese. Do you think they know something we don't?

Several countries will eventually jump past the blindly arrogant USA.

I don't see it as arrogance, I see it as we have been hijacked. When you try to make your votes count, you realize that your guy or gal gets dragged into the big money idealism and the big money does not include our working class. Our working class gets divided into races and ethnicities and votes get split.

I see it as arrogance.
We refuse to admit our mistakes in spite of glaring evidence to the contrary.

I see it as arrogance.

When a huge majority of Americans are against something and Congress passes it anyway, how is that arrogance on the American populations part? Let us ask what benefits the USA has received since opening trade with China to any politician that voted for it and you will see a politician skate around the question with bullshit.

Last edited:
Any takers that if we keep spending the way we are at this moment that we will be bankrupt and destroyed in 15-20 years? Healthcare for the working class will be split with the non working class and the working class will be overburdened to the point they live no different than the so called poverty stricken.

But trade with China will still be revered as a good thing with our politicians. What will it take for our population to admit we have been bought and sold 10 times again?

When Obama says we treat everyone equal, his idea of equal means taking your money and giving it to those that refuse to earn their own.

/Rant off!

Like I said previously, we'll see have to see what happens when China's inflated growth stops. They are having ridiculous growth rates in a time when the economy was even worse and still isn't that great.

China's High-Growth Ghost Towns | Foreign Policy

Due to the industrial pollution billowing out of the country's GDP-enhancing factories and mines, cancer is the leading cause of death in China. A recent government survey showed that 30 percent of children in Yunnan province suffer from lead poisoning. Perhaps the biggest and most destructive GDP boost came from construction of the Three Gorges Dam, for which 1.24 million people were evicted. Even some of the newly rich, however, shower in tainted brown tap water.

Meanwhile, in places like Kangbashi, an accelerated development in the real estate market has not been matched by long-term sustainability, and in recent months, predictions have grown louder that China's real estate bubble is about to burst. This debate has been batted back and forth by columnists and TV talking heads lately. For now, income growth is still outpacing housing price growth, meaning that the real estate market is not technically a bubble.

By the end of 2008, the new district of Kangbashi was crisscrossed with 2.4 billion yuan ($352 million) worth of roads. Officials initially said they expected the population to reach 100,000 this year and 300,000 by 2020. They also say the population reached 50,000 last year, which seems improbable given that pedestrians on the street were outnumbered by street sweepers. A local real estate agent, Cao Ting, told me it had actually been easy to sell apartments. She said 80 percent of the apartments had been sold. I believed her even though 80 percent of them looked empty,

At some point, all these economic and social economic decisions that they're making is going to make for a very harsh fall for the poorer and middle class citizens in China. At some point, the bubble will be there and the same thing that happened here will happen there tenfold likely.

You have the problems with pollution and their one child policy only beginning to rear it's ugly head.

they are working for us on slave wages, I fail to see the significance of them passing us. It'll be 100 years before they make as much as we do.

I see it as arrogance.

When a huge majority of Americans are against something and Congress passes it anyway, how is that arrogance on the American populations part? Let us ask what benefits the USA has received since opening trade with China to any politician that voted for it and you will see a politician skate around the question with bullshit.

Yes arrogance.

Like invading Iraq? A large part of America was against it?
The coalition. You are either with us or against us? If not for us we cut off aid?
The hatred of many towards the UN?
Other countries turning out better trained people for the future?
our arrogance in thinking this recession is just an adjustment and things will go back to where they were?
The arrogance of our finiancial corporations?
The arrogance of most of our media in regards to the rest of the world?
Towell heads, sand *******, islamofascists?
Nuke em all and let god sort em out?

yes I say arrogance tinged with stupidity. And I stand by that.

Forum List

Back