China Is Dhimmi Too!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.classicalvalues.com/archives/004509.html

The year that dare not speak its name?

In China, it's the Year Of The P-P-P-Pig!

Yay! Right?

Not in China. According to this detailed WSJ report, the Chinese government is systematically censoring all mentions of pig and pig images -- putting Western advertisers in a mad editing scramble:

SHANGHAI -- Next month, China will ring in the Year of the Pig. Nestlé SA planned to celebrate with TV ads featuring a smiling cartoon pig. "Happy new pig year," the ads said.

This week, China Central Television, the national state-run TV network, banned Nestlé's ad -- and all images and spoken references to the animal in commercials, including those tied to the Lunar New Year, China's biggest holiday.

The intent: to avoid offending Muslims, who consider pigs unclean. "China is a multiethnic country," the network's ad department said in a notice sent to ad agencies late Tuesday. "To show respect to Islam, and upon guidance from higher levels of the government, CCTV will keep any 'pig' images off the TV screen."

Suddenly, companies reaching out to China's booming consumer market have a pig problem. The edict has sent Nestlé and others scrambling to adapt to the last-minute rule change, altering spots that had included pigs.

Nestlé is now figuring out what to do with its ads, says its media-buying company MindShare, a unit of WPP Group. "We act in line with any requests that we receive from the authorities" about the content of ads, says Francois-Xavier Perroud, a spokesman for Nestlé...​

I don't know. China is a communist regime. They (pretend to) do all sorts of things to have access to "our" market. But always on their premises. They are way to cynical over religion and "multiethnic" most probably isn't a world they have at all.

I think it is more of a political thing to show the Muslim world what a great freind they can have.

I never understood the nature of US/China trading situation. China is highly favored but I can't see the benefit. (As in the true sense of "can't see", I'm sure there is one - I just don't get it).

Also - I'm sure that not even the most rabid Muslim fanatic would raise an eyebrow about a pig being used in a 3000 year old calendar. Well. Almost sure.

What I'm saying is basically: I don't think China would do anything for anyone if there wasn't a gain somehow for them. Are they sellling stuff to Muslims right now?

I don't know. China is a communist regime. They (pretend to) do all sorts of things to have access to "our" market. But always on their premises. They are way to cynical over religion and "multiethnic" most probably isn't a world they have at all.

I think it is more of a political thing to show the Muslim world what a great freind they can have.

I never understood the nature of US/China trading situation. China is highly favored but I can't see the benefit. (As in the true sense of "can't see", I'm sure there is one - I just don't get it).

Also - I'm sure that not even the most rabid Muslim fanatic would raise an eyebrow about a pig being used in a 3000 year old calendar. Well. Almost sure.

What I'm saying is basically: I don't think China would do anything for anyone if there wasn't a gain somehow for them. Are they sellling stuff to Muslims right now?
They have a Muslim problem towards the Russian territory. They are very aware of Muslims.

Okay so they too are like... "terror-aware"?

I almost thought them to be... immune. By beeing worse.

I'm looking for a thread I know I started, the Chinese don't fool around, they kill them. On the other hand, they aren't 'looking for trouble.' Funny thing, by caving even without reason, they make it worse for all.

I'm looking for a thread I know I started, the Chinese don't fool around, they kill them. On the other hand, they aren't 'looking for trouble.' Funny thing, by caving even without reason, they make it worse for all.

Okay, hope you find it!

Maybe they aren't caving without reason. Just that they might have another reason.

But still... I've always thought the regime to dispense anyone not complying with it. Come christians, muslims or falun gong or whatever.

China buys oil from Iran , is very very happy to let tehran go nuclear. Also , Beijing has offered Saudi Arabia many CHinese missiles.The world most "powerful" Islamic country(militarily) i.e Pakistan owes its nuclear wepons prohram to Beijing. recently , China started building new reatcors for Pakistan. Also , Pakistan and CHina are strategic allies. Thats all.

China has always shown "friendship" to those seedy Third WOrld countries which either have strategic resources or are anti-U.S.

New Topics

Forum List

Back