China Fears North Korea US Conflict At Any Moment

Yeah, no shit. I can see the South Koreans now:

"HEY. We're right here. WE'RE RIGHT HERE. They've got a bunch of fucking CANNONS pointed at us and these people are not exactly STABLE. If you like your fucking Samsung teevees and cell phones, you had better REMEMBER that we're RIGHT FUCKING HERE."
Maybe this is all just a negotiating strategy President Trump is using to persuade Samsung to move their facilities to the US.

What....and pay union wages!!! :haha:
lol There aren't many unions anymore. This is the land of the free.

"HEY. We're right here. WE'RE RIGHT HERE. They've got a bunch of fucking CANNONS pointed at us and these people are not exactly STABLE. If you like your fucking Samsung teevees and cell phones, you had better REMEMBER that we're RIGHT FUCKING HERE."
Maybe this is all just a negotiating strategy President Trump is using to persuade Samsung to move their facilities to the US.

Yup, free Obama phones, free schooling, free Obamacare.

Yeah, with the lowest wages in the first world as a result. Well done, idiots.

We are not going to voluntarily initiate taking out Seoul. There will either be some internal solution, probably caused by Jina, a continuation of games or the crazy fat kid does something crazy and SK and the US turn the place into a cinder .... with SK casualties ranging from hundreds of thousands to tens of millions.
Can't they evacuate Seoul? If I lived there, I'd be on the road yesterday.

The word is that Japan is making plans to evacuate it's citizens that are in South Korea.

Japan discusses how to evacuate citizens from South Korea if crisis hits

Japan is also preparing to do another evacuation drill itself.

Japan to conduct evacuation drill to prepare for North Korea missiles
Glad to hear it. Seoul should be doing the same.

Strangely most of South Korea doesn't seem to be freaking out, experts also say that Seoul opposes any unilateral action from America.

Seoul to oppose unilateral US action

"WASHINGTON D.C. ― South Korea will oppose any unilateral U.S. military action against North Korea which U.S. President Donald Trump says is "looking for trouble," according to leading U.S. experts.

While Trump has said the U.S. will solve the problem of North Korea on its own unless China helps, analysts said that any U.S. action against the North should be based on a prior agreement with Seoul.

"Seoul will oppose any unilateral military action plan by the United States against North Korea," said Scott Snyder, director of the Program on US-Korea Policy at the Council of Foreign Relations, in a recent interview with the Medill News Service."

Here's the rest of the article.

'Seoul to oppose unilateral US action'
Of course they oppose unilateral action by the U.S. We know Seoul will be targeted immediately, before our bombs can stop him, apparently. China doesn't want a mess of NK refugees, either. So they push for negotiations. I have nothing at all against trying, and I hope Trump is listening. If we do something without their blessing, it is going to cause quite the mess once the fun part of blowing holes in NK is over.

Can't they evacuate Seoul? If I lived there, I'd be on the road yesterday.

The word is that Japan is making plans to evacuate it's citizens that are in South Korea.

Japan discusses how to evacuate citizens from South Korea if crisis hits

Japan is also preparing to do another evacuation drill itself.

Japan to conduct evacuation drill to prepare for North Korea missiles
Glad to hear it. Seoul should be doing the same.

Strangely most of South Korea doesn't seem to be freaking out, experts also say that Seoul opposes any unilateral action from America.

Seoul to oppose unilateral US action

"WASHINGTON D.C. ― South Korea will oppose any unilateral U.S. military action against North Korea which U.S. President Donald Trump says is "looking for trouble," according to leading U.S. experts.

While Trump has said the U.S. will solve the problem of North Korea on its own unless China helps, analysts said that any U.S. action against the North should be based on a prior agreement with Seoul.

"Seoul will oppose any unilateral military action plan by the United States against North Korea," said Scott Snyder, director of the Program on US-Korea Policy at the Council of Foreign Relations, in a recent interview with the Medill News Service."

Here's the rest of the article.

'Seoul to oppose unilateral US action'
Of course they oppose unilateral action by the U.S. We know Seoul will be targeted immediately, before our bombs can stop him, apparently. China doesn't want a mess of NK refugees, either. So they push for negotiations. I have nothing at all against trying, and I hope Trump is listening. If we do something without their blessing, it is going to cause quite the mess once the fun part of blowing holes in NK is over.
A full blown war between the koreas would be a catastrophe costing millions of lives and leaving both countries devastated and unsettling the region. So if military force is to be used, which I strongly doubt, there would seem to be only two options, either launch surgical strikes that would take out key elements of NK's nuclear or missile programs or other high value targets or obliterate NK in a preemptive strike. I'm not sure the first option would have a desirable long term effect but the second option would settle the issue once and forever.

Everyone on this board needs to realize that NK has to be dealt with, before they have the means to deliver nukes to the West coast or you and your country is going to be held hostage. This mess was created by BOTH party's Presidents and; the only reason NK was not dealt with before by those Presidents was its cozy relationship with China. I have little doubt that most of the Presidents from EITHER party who held the office once the NK got close to a nuke would have done a preemptive strike of non-nuclear weapons were it not for the Chinese.

We now have a very short time before the NK can hit the West coast. The person on that button kills his uncles with artillery shells for show, and assassinates his 1/2 brother. You think he gives a damn about you, your children, or grandchildren; or even human life!

How many here do NOT want a peaceful solution to the problem? Can I see a show of hands!

That is what I thought, 99.9% of us want a peaceful solution. Much of this debate is misguided. It is not about we want, or do not want war; it is about if we are willing to let a person or regime like this have the capability of hitting the West coast with a nuke soon, and the rest of the country soon after. How far are you willing to go to stop him, or are you of the mindset that we shouldn't do a thing. And then, a week after NK has that missile with a nuke, Iran has it also since they are helping fund the research.

I urge everyone to understand the reality---------->this regime constantly insists it wants to kill YOU, because YOU are an American. Same with Iran. Do you actually believe that if their agents captured you, they would kiss you because you are a pacifist?

Like or hate Trump, he is going to have to deal with it, or very soon your life is going to change. How many of you were alive when Kennedy shut down the missiles in Cuba? Kids had to be taught how to hide under their desks in school, and the truth was, it was just for reassurance; they were DEAD if nukes flew in. Do you want that power in the FATBOY's hands? The Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines will not be able to save you from a missile with a nuke on it, if it goes off in your city. Your children and grandchildren will cease to exist if it is near them, and you survive! What would be your answer then? How many of you would want to face life without either your children, or grandchildren........because FATBOY thinks he is invincible; even if we incinerated him and his regime in retaliation?

Peaceful solution? Yes! But only if it is really a solution instead of just kicking the can the last 2 feet to what is really the end of the road. For those of you who despise liberals, and those of you who despise Republicans; wait and see how you feel when FATBOY or IRAN tells you to poop, how high, and what color; or they are going to incinerate LA or San Fran! At that time, your carrier group means squat, cause they will start fueling their missiles, and our government will see it by satellite. That means, we either give them their way, or one or more of our cities are coming down.

So then, regardless of the way we must FORCE a solution, are you SURE you want to wait for 6 more months, or a year! Do you want an American President from ANY party have to make the decision to sacrifice one of our major cities to defeat these people? Because we all know, that America will not shoot off the 1st nuke. This means 1 of our cities; if not more will fall before we shut them down with a strike of our own. Which city are you willing to gamble with? That is the question of our time, and like or hate Trump, you better pray to your God for his infinite wisdom!

I have a feeling that there will be a war with 24 hrs. I also believe that the Pentagon has thoroughly thought this through and has more than a few surprises for N. Korea. This will probably be the shortest war in history.
Under estimating North Korea is a big mistake. You can bomb them to hell and back and the only way you will beat them is troops on the ground. They have a huge military for the size of the country and practically nothing else. Their GDP is 25 billion. By comparison the US spends three times that on just food stamps and 50 times that on defense. NK starves the people to feed the army. The population is 24 million and 10% are either active duty, about 1.1 million, in the reserves, or civilians working for the military. It is a military state which has been at war with the United States for over 60 years. In the Korean War the US and it's allies had a military force of a million troops in the war and after nearly 3 years, we were only able to negotiated an armistice put no peace treaty.

I have a feeling that there will be a war with 24 hrs. I also believe that the Pentagon has thoroughly thought this through and has more than a few surprises for N. Korea. This will probably be the shortest war in history.
Probably.
It'll be better than all the other predictions for the shortest war in history...I'm sure of it this time.

A missile attack on NK probably means that Seoul is toast.

Under estimating North Korea is a big mistake. You can bomb them to hell and back and the only way you will beat them is troops on the ground. They have a huge military for the size of the country and practically nothing else. Their GDP is 25 billion. By comparison the US spends three times that on just food stamps and 50 times that on defense. NK starves the people to feed the army. The population is 24 million and 10% are either active duty, about 1.1 million, in the reserves, or civilians working for the military. It is a military state which has been at war with the United States for over 60 years. In the Korean War the US and it's allies had a military force of a million troops in the war and after nearly 3 years, we were only able to negotiated an armistice put no peace treaty.

"You can bomb them to hell and back and the only way you will beat them is troops on the ground."

There would be 0 support for putting Western nations troops on the ground in North Korea, if it came to that the Chinese would have to go in and put troops on the ground.

But this is of course the same with nearly all war situations, no war has ever been won from the air, you always have to put ground troops in.

I say------>in a conventional war without Chinese help today, NK would not last 10 weeks, period. Iran would last longer than they would, and they would last 3 months tops.

"You can bomb them to hell and back and the only way you will beat them is troops on the ground."

There would be 0 support for putting Western nations troops on the ground in North Korea, if it came to that the Chinese would have to go in and put troops on the ground.

But this is of course the same with nearly all war situations, no war has ever been won from the air, you always have to put ground troops in.

I agree, but the Chinese are only worried about American soldiers near their border. If Trump convinced them we would leave, the West would have to be the ones to take them out.

I will tell you both this-----------> if the Chinese nod yes under a deal..............if Trump and his generals believe there is an 80% chance they can take out the nukes in a 1st strike, then the decision is done if a peaceful solution is not forthcoming. Without their nukes and Chinese help, the NK is done!

If those things are not in place, then it will drag to the very last minute before a decision is made. Again I say, pray for wisdom on this one, because it is going to shape your life if they choose wrong throughout your lifetime, and probably all of your immediate family too.

Given the proper timing and coordination, our Air Force could easily take out 99% of NK's assets on the ground and most of their sea assets also.

I am worried that they may have a few submarines off our coast with suicide crews to detonate atomic bombs within their subs near American cities.

The water vapor would be radioactive and would contaminate large areas of the West Coast.

I will tell you both this-----------> if the Chinese nod yes under a deal..............if Trump and his generals believe there is an 80% chance they can take out the nukes in a 1st strike, then the decision is done if a peaceful solution is not forthcoming. Without their nukes and Chinese help, the NK is done!

If those things are not in place, then it will drag to the very last minute before a decision is made. Again I say, pray for wisdom on this one, because it is going to shape your life if they choose wrong throughout your lifetime, and probably all of your immediate family too.
Both sides have been preparing for war for so long that a first strike would have to take out far more then NK's nuclear program to prevent a Korean war that would devastate both countries killing millions. If we launch a preemptive strike against NK, we must aim to take out much more than just their nuclear program; we must take out their whole ability to make war and that will mean most of the infrastructure of the country, military and civilian would have to be destroyed.

Well we did get surprised by a Chicom invasion if you remember.

The NKL army itself was nearly obliterated and few units remained when China invaded.

The only reason the cease fire was signed by them was because their war effort was collapsing.

China has warned that "conflict could break out at any moment" as tension over North Korea increases.

Foreign Minister Wang Yi said if war occurred there could be no winner.

Mr Wang's comments come as the US voices increasing concern at North Korea's development of nuclear weapons and deploys a Navy carrier group off the Korean peninsula.

China fears North Korea-US conflict 'at any moment' - BBC News

Amazing isn't it?

Trump has managed to bring both our relations with both Russia and North Korea to the most unstable in decades- in only 3 months.
I'm not sure Trump is to blame for North Korea. It was ready to explode before he arrived. He is doing the same thing Obama did--trying to get China to do something about it. What has he done that Obama hadn't?
Tweeted

We already HAVE the 2nd Infantry Division on the ground in SK, the last straight leg infantry division in the US Army.

They are effectively an elite force.

China has warned that "conflict could break out at any moment" as tension over North Korea increases.

Foreign Minister Wang Yi said if war occurred there could be no winner.

Mr Wang's comments come as the US voices increasing concern at North Korea's development of nuclear weapons and deploys a Navy carrier group off the Korean peninsula.

China fears North Korea-US conflict 'at any moment' - BBC News

Amazing isn't it?

Trump has managed to bring both our relations with both Russia and North Korea to the most unstable in decades- in only 3 months.
I'm not sure Trump is to blame for North Korea. It was ready to explode before he arrived. He is doing the same thing Obama did--trying to get China to do something about it. What has he done that Obama hadn't?
Tweeted
Not just Tweeting but Extreme Tweeting.

Given the proper timing and coordination, our Air Force could easily take out 99% of NK's assets on the ground and most of their sea assets also.

I am worried that they may have a few submarines off our coast with suicide crews to detonate atomic bombs within their subs near American cities.

The water vapor would be radioactive and would contaminate large areas of the West Coast.

How are their subs going to get here? Ship themselves by UPS?

Forum List

Back