Children Being Charged as Adults

kids know pain and are emphatic when one is hurt...do they know the absolute finality of death i am not sure...i am speaking of under 10 ish...teen agers are just a whole different animal...hormones and abstract thought are all new and confusing ...giving a teen ager a life sentence is harsh to say the least ...
Bleeding Hearts Have a Contagious Death Wish

Not to the degree that an adult does but a 13 year old damn well knows that murder is wrong.
Of course they should know murder is wrong, but when you are that young the line between right and wrong is not so clear.

While I never murdered someone, I did mercilessly pick on a few smaller and weaker kids in my youth and was overtly cruel. It haunts me because 1. I couldn’t believe I could be so cruel and 2. It probably hurt them more than I will know. I still have guilt. Back then I couldn’t care less about their feelings.

When you’re a kid your decision making is very skewed. You need to mature for it to mature. I am not saying he shouldn’t be held accountable, but as a child not an adult!

Sometimes we as a society have to weigh what is good and just for an individual and what is good and just for the rest of society. What's the probability that he will be a murder as an adult if he started at 13?
Very good point. I am not sure what would motivate someone so young to kill, but I would agree the probability is probably high and I am not sure counseling could help him.

Sociopaths start acting out early, so yes, lock this psycho up before it harms others. No problem, just other sociopaths sniveling and hoping locking them up instead of 'normalizing' the feral animals' impulses doesn't become a thing.

Of course they should know murder is wrong, but when you are that young the line between right and wrong is not so clear.

While I never murdered someone, I did mercilessly pick on a few smaller and weaker kids in my youth and was overtly cruel. It haunts me because 1. I couldn’t believe I could be so cruel and 2. It probably hurt them more than I will know. I still have guilt. Back then I couldn’t care less about their feelings.

When you’re a kid your decision making is very skewed. You need to mature for it to mature. I am not saying he shouldn’t be held accountable, but as a child not an adult!
interesting. When i was young, i did some pretty stupid stuff, but never thought of taking another persons life, because i didnt want to do to hell. You know where bad people go and burn for eternity. When they took religion out of public schools, shit like this was going to happen more often and it does. What do you expect when a lot of bad people voted for Satan to be our president.

OIP.YcDs4ywzz5TaCCAhMcgG9AHaEj

Sociopaths start acting out early, so yes, lock this psycho up before it harms others. No problem, just other sociopaths sniveling and hoping locking them up instead of 'normalizing' the feral animals' impulses doesn't become a thing.
Locking him up and holding him accountable is not the question. Rather it be 11 year sentence if tried as a child with life in prison if tried as an adult.

interesting. When i was young, i did some pretty stupid stuff, but never thought of taking another persons life, because i didnt want to do to hell. You know where bad people go and burn for eternity. When they took religion out of public schools, shit like this was going to happen more often and it does. What do you expect when a lot of bad people voted for Satan to be our president.

You went off the rails on that one. Obama and Biden are awful people and awful Presidents I will give you that, but neither are hardly the Satan or the anti-Christ!

You went off the rails on that one. Obama and Biden are awful people and awful Presidents I will give you that, but neither are hardly the Satan or the anti-Christ!
Really? Why else have they taken a great country and turned it into a 3rd world shithole "Fundamentally Transformed"? This country was founded on Christian/Judea principles, only Satan/Lucifer, would want to destroy this country from within....

Bullying someone as a youth and murdering someone are worlds apart.

In Xanadindu Did Kublai Kenyan His Statist Pleasure-Dome Decree

Bullying someone as a youth and murdering someone are worlds apart.
True, but there is a level of cruelty in mercilessly picking on another person and no caring about the pain they are feeling. Back then I could torment these weaker kids and then go home and watch TV and eat dinner without a second thought. Now I look back with great remorse, regret and guilt. I developed empathy that I didn’t have as a kid!

I have no idea if a young child who takes it so far that he murders someone could later develop empathy and guilt… but it is possible.

You see many adult murders reform and develop empathy and kindness.

Forum List

Back