Child grooms of Turkey tell their stories

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
No doubt the male posters are glad that they weren't forced to be child grooms.

Zeynep Bilgehan – ISTANBUL

n_75954_1.jpg

In five different cities, director Muhammet Beyazdağ talked to six child grooms, while shooting only their hands.

Muhammet Beyazdağ, who won more than 10 awards last year for his documentary “Zarok” (Child), where child brides told their stories while only their hands were shown, has turned his camera to child grooms this time, whose heart-breaking stories are publicly told for the first time in his second film “Çirok” (Story).

The 25-year- old director is now doing his graduate studies at Akdeniz University in the Radio, Television and Cinema Department, after earlier graduating from the same department. His film “Zarok” was actually his third grade project. However, Beyazdağ said he never regarded the film as a class project. “I am from a family who migrated from Muş to Istanbul in the 1980s because of economic reasons. Among my relatives, there are many child brides. It was a sad and disturbing topic for me; I wanted do something about it,” he said.

After a preparation period of about five months, six women agreed to tell their stories. To protect the women’s identities, only their hands were shown. Despite this, Beyazdağ said, hands tell more than faces.

Continue reading at:

Child grooms of Turkey tell their stories - LOCAL

an interesting factoid. Alexander the "great" had a plan----he decided that in order to create a utopian world----he would
MARRY various populations to each other----he created MASS marriages of Persians ----to other nationals. Muslims actually claim that Alexander was "really" a muslim--->>> an
obscure belief but it does exist in the stink and filth of Islamic totatlitarian garbage

No doubt the male posters are glad that they weren't forced to be child grooms.

Zeynep Bilgehan – ISTANBUL

n_75954_1.jpg

In five different cities, director Muhammet Beyazdağ talked to six child grooms, while shooting only their hands.

Muhammet Beyazdağ, who won more than 10 awards last year for his documentary “Zarok” (Child), where child brides told their stories while only their hands were shown, has turned his camera to child grooms this time, whose heart-breaking stories are publicly told for the first time in his second film “Çirok” (Story).

The 25-year- old director is now doing his graduate studies at Akdeniz University in the Radio, Television and Cinema Department, after earlier graduating from the same department. His film “Zarok” was actually his third grade project. However, Beyazdağ said he never regarded the film as a class project. “I am from a family who migrated from Muş to Istanbul in the 1980s because of economic reasons. Among my relatives, there are many child brides. It was a sad and disturbing topic for me; I wanted do something about it,” he said.

After a preparation period of about five months, six women agreed to tell their stories. To protect the women’s identities, only their hands were shown. Despite this, Beyazdağ said, hands tell more than faces.

Continue reading at:

Child grooms of Turkey tell their stories - LOCAL

Just following in the footsteps of their prophet Mohammad, who married an eight year old.

Forum List

Back