Chick-fil-A feeds stranded drivers

And how did you learn to drive in snowy conditions?? By watching videos? By reading a book? Or maybe, just maybe, you learned because you live where it snows for much of the winter season? People in Atlanta don't see significant accumulation of snow but once every few years (3 to 5 years between bigger ice storms-at least).

You want to play all macho and call us pussies, go ahead. I'm sure someone out there will be impressed.

Besides, if you will actually read what I said about this debacle, you will see that the biggest problem was the way the gov't responded before the bad weather effected the roads. Between that and the independent nature of the city & county gov'ts makes the response rather pitiful.

And when I worked the emergency from Hurricane Sandy, I saw plenty of northern drivers who couldn't do much behind the wheel.

here is what i did, and this may shock you because its logical.
I got in my car, drove onto the street ( it was empty of other cars) and i tested to see how my car would handle. I took the extra few seconds and made sure i knew what would happen.
Dont use Government as your excuse to not be able to handle some ice.
So yes you people in the south are raging pussies.

We are pussies and you are a dick. I guess the old saying "You are what you eat" is as accurate as ever.

I am not offering any excuses. I gave reasons. There is a difference. The mayor of Atlanta said there were as many as a million cars on the roads that afternoon. The fiasco was as much that as anything.

If you want to claim you can drive on hills and curves covered in a sheet of ice, more power to you. I'm not buying it. I have more miles under my belt than anyone except long haul truckers. I have driven in every kind of weather, from hurricanes to snow & ice storms. A sheet of ice on a hill is not something you are going to navigate with a regular car and standard tires.

uh huh

here is what i did, and this may shock you because its logical.
I got in my car, drove onto the street ( it was empty of other cars) and i tested to see how my car would handle. I took the extra few seconds and made sure i knew what would happen.
Dont use Government as your excuse to not be able to handle some ice.
So yes you people in the south are raging pussies.

We are pussies and you are a dick. I guess the old saying "You are what you eat" is as accurate as ever.

I am not offering any excuses. I gave reasons. There is a difference. The mayor of Atlanta said there were as many as a million cars on the roads that afternoon. The fiasco was as much that as anything.

If you want to claim you can drive on hills and curves covered in a sheet of ice, more power to you. I'm not buying it. I have more miles under my belt than anyone except long haul truckers. I have driven in every kind of weather, from hurricanes to snow & ice storms. A sheet of ice on a hill is not something you are going to navigate with a regular car and standard tires.

uh huh

So glad you agree with me. A little more info, perhaps? For the last 15 years I have worked for one of the largest utility contracting corporations in the world. When storms hit we go in and get the power, phone and cable back on. The phone and cable respond a little slower. But the power crews respond immediately. I have averaged 5,000 miles a month on my pickup truck. So yeah, I know a bit about driving too.

uh huh

So glad you agree with me. A little more info, perhaps? For the last 15 years I have worked for one of the largest utility contracting corporations in the world. When storms hit we go in and get the power, phone and cable back on. The phone and cable respond a little slower. But the power crews respond immediately. I have averaged 5,000 miles a month on my pickup truck. So yeah, I know a bit about driving too.

i dont care about you.

i dont care about you.

Then we're even. And I especially don't care that you claim you can drive on a sheet of ice up & down hills. :)

[

Isn't that like saying we should forgive the Holocaust because the Autobahn is kind of cool?

Yes, it was a nice thing for the chain to do because a bunch of bubba rednecks don't know how to drive in a whopping 2 inches of snow.

It still doesn't make up for the fact that Dan Cathy engaged in supporting hate groups.

Comparing opposing same sex marriage to the holocaust shows what type of idiot you are.

They are both based on irrational hate... So, no, it really isn't.

So, I'm curious. Will the same people who slammed the CEO of Chick-Fil-A for giving his honest, personal opinion of gay marriage when asked, now praise him for the charity his company is engaging in? I'm guessing we won't hear much about it.

Chick-fil-A feeds stranded drivers - New York News

Isn't that like saying we should forgive the Holocaust because the Autobahn is kind of cool?

Yes, it was a nice thing for the chain to do because a bunch of bubba rednecks don't know how to drive in a whopping 2 inches of snow.

It still doesn't make up for the fact that Dan Cathy engaged in supporting hate groups.

Or it was a nice thing to do because the roads were covered by ice. Not sure why this is difficult to understand.

I guess because I don't think that an occassional good deed erases acts of douchebaggery.

Where the fuck do you two live and why are either of you on the roads in bad weather? Why are the roads not salted if there's that much ice? And why in the world would anyone brake hard enough on ice to cause anti-lock brakes to kick in?

There are plenty of people who go to work in bad weather.
The boss doesn't want to hear you won't come in unless the city is shut down because of a snow emergency.
The city doesn't have funds to plow or salt all of the roads.
You can go five or 10 miles under the speed limit, try to stop with normal breaking, slide and then the anti-lock brakes come on.
Yesterday I saw three accidents after they happened. One person hit a telephone pole because they went down a street which was a hill.

You obviously don't know how to drive in the inclement weather. You should either learn, or not drive in it. Seriously, you sound like a damned idiot.

So, I'm curious. Will the same people who slammed the CEO of Chick-Fil-A for giving his honest, personal opinion of gay marriage when asked, now praise him for the charity his company is engaging in? I'm guessing we won't hear much about it.

No, but you already knew that, so why make such a ridiculous hyperbolic comparison unless you're just being your usual miserable self and simply hating and bitching for the sake of hating and bitching?

Have you ever lived in the south?

Name one

130192659070.jpg

[

Comparing opposing same sex marriage to the holocaust shows what type of idiot you are.

Like, oh, hating Mormons for 30 years because they were mean to your mom!

Or it was a nice thing to do because the roads were covered by ice. Not sure why this is difficult to understand.

I guess because I don't think that an occassional good deed erases acts of douchebaggery.

I meant about the ice. But the good deed was by the manager of the individual store, not the CEO.

The problem was not the snow. The problem was that it had been in the upper 50s the day before, so the ground was warm at first. This melted the first few hours of snow and created a layer of ice. It was not the snow but the ice that crippled the cities that have very little equipment for handling salt or sand on the roadways.

Where I live, the city doesn't salt or plow a lot of the streets so my ride home is like a roller coaster ride.

People who don't have four wheel drive are also a problem because they get stuck, slide out, have people push them, etc.

People have low air pressure or bald tires and don't belong in the snow or ice.

Plus they have no experience driving on ice or snow.

I doubt many people in Atlanta buy 4x4 vehicles for the snow storms that happen every 4 or 5 years and last 2 or 3 days. Also, having 4WD on ice just means that you have more wheels spinning. Without chains you are not getting anywhere on ice.

Plenty of winter tires work on ice. Been there and done that! Tire chains are not legal here except on emergency vehicles.

Last edited:
Is this supposed to make him less of a homphobic asshole,

or just a homophobic asshole who happens to be able to occasionally act like a decent human being in unrelated matters?

If he did this out of pure decency, good on him. But this act certainly doesn't change my opinion on his homophobia. The guy's views on homosexuality are out of touch like all far-right anti-gay bible-thumpers. Plus, who's to say that this act isn't a pr stunt? I'm not saying it is, but nobody knows what his true motivations are.

Where the fuck do you two live and why are either of you on the roads in bad weather? Why are the roads not salted if there's that much ice? And why in the world would anyone brake hard enough on ice to cause anti-lock brakes to kick in?

They HAVE NO SNOW REMOVAL EQUIPMENT! There is no salt and no trucks to spread it! God and goddess, THINK!

This is an over simplification, at best. No, we southern drivers can't handle ice covered roads. To be honest, neither can northern drivers. But Atlanta and Birmingham do not have the equipment to deal with spreading salt and sand on the roads. Storms like this happened every few years, and cause problems for a day or so. If you get several feet of snow every year you have the equipment to deal with it. If you get a snow storm every 5 years, you (hopefully) don't waste tax dollars (tens of thousands of tax dollars) on this equipment.

The problem in Atlanta was that the power that be decided not to close the schools until the snow was coming down fairly well. Then every school was dismissed. The first few hours of traffic problems were not due to snow, but to volume of traffic. Most of the greater Atlanta area was trying to either get home or get to their kids and get home, at the same time.
excuses...its ice not little kittens you are driving over.

Excuses? lmao I suppose you, with your incredible driving skills, could manage to drive a 2WD vehicle on curving hilly roads that have a half inch of ice covering them? Riiiiight.

Haven't had any trouble this year...and I drive what most people would call the WORST possible vehicle for snow: a short-wheelbase, 2WD pickup with a powerful engine. (It's a regular cab/shortbox V8 Dodge Dakota.) It's all in having good tires (I do) and knowing how to drive!

Like, oh, hating Mormons for 30 years because they were mean to your mom!

Wow, guy, you got that one entirely wrong AND violated forum rules. Nice.

Waaaaah, Joe doesn't like the evil cult started by pedophiles!

No, but you already knew that, so why make such a ridiculous hyperbolic comparison unless you're just being your usual miserable self and simply hating and bitching for the sake of hating and bitching?

Have you ever lived in the south?

Name one

You mean Exodus International (a dangerous scam that tries to "Pray away the gay") and Focus on the Family

David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

Nope, never "lived" in the South, but I was stationed there a couple of times. Between flying the Confederate Flag like that was something to be proud of and being generally ignorant and bible thumping, I'm not surprised two inches of snow confused them.

"Gee, Billy-Bob, what's that white stuff on the road."

"Yee-ha, Cleetus, I have no idea!"

At least the Germans have the decency to be embarrassed about the Nazi thing.

I meant about the ice. But the good deed was by the manager of the individual store, not the CEO.

The store manager did a decent thing, and got some good publicity for the company.

The CEO of the company is still a homophobic douchebag.

I remember one time, in a snow storm, I had walked to the little business district in my neighborhood, about a 15-20 minute walk, because the bus couldn't get to my street. Well, the buses weren't getting to the business district either. I waited for a long time. The stop was outside a fast food restaurant, which was closed due to the storm, but the manager was there. So I knocked on the door and asked if I could use the restroom. He said no and when I asked why not, just said he wasn't open. So I just pushed past him and went in and used the ladies' room, with him yelling at me all the time. What kind of a jerk isn't going to let a middle age lady use the lavatory in the middle of a snow storm when she's been waiting outside for over an hour for a bus that might never come? The shop was empty and he wasn't doing anything but sitting in the window looking at all the stranded people.

So, anyway, I think this manager/owner of the chickwhatever did a nice thing. A nice gesture. But the store manager doing this (people should read the source article posted), he is a different person from the CEO.

It seems odd to me that only gay people are not allowed to protest conditions in the US. If black people were treated with bias, or old people, women, handicapped, etc., they would be allowed to protest, and, as well, the CEO would never have had the nerve to say what he said in the first place. However, when gay people are abused, they are just supposed to shut up and take it because they are 'sinners.' Being a sinner has to do with religion, a personal choice. You don't get to abuse people just because they don't live by the tenets of your religion. And don't say gay people are different because they choose to be gay; that being true or not, Christians choose to be Christian, and if they are abused for being Christian, they sure as hell feel they have a right to protest.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back