Chicago Tribune: Trump signs EO to begin unwinding Obamacare...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
This is the Chicago Tribunes take on it...

President Donald Trump signed an executive order late Friday giving federal agencies broad powers to unwind regulations created under the Affordable Care Act, including enforcement of the penalty for people who fail to carry the health insurance that the law requires of most Americans.

The executive order, signed in the Oval Office as one of the new president's first actions, directs agencies to grant relief to every one of the constituencies affected by the sprawling 2010 health-care law: insurers, hospitals, doctors, pharmaceutical companies and states. While the order does not describe specific federal rules to be softened or lifted, it appears to give room for agencies to eliminate an array of taxes and requirements that exist under the law.

Though the new administration's specific intentions are not not yet clear, the order's breadth and early timing carry symbolic value for a president who made repealing the ACA - his predecessor's signature domestic achievement - a leading campaign promise.

Trump signs executive order that could gut Affordable Care Act's individual mandate
Not particularly sure this is an accurate interpretation of the Executive Order...what are your thought?

At least Obama doesn't look like this piece of shit - The Real Donald Trump.

6MOkAOs_5Jth6R8Bx8RH2Yd8B0hpzpnflmZCGJCiMvw.jpg

Obama is a piece of shit :lmao:

This is the Chicago Tribunes take on it...

President Donald Trump signed an executive order late Friday giving federal agencies broad powers to unwind regulations created under the Affordable Care Act, including enforcement of the penalty for people who fail to carry the health insurance that the law requires of most Americans.

The executive order, signed in the Oval Office as one of the new president's first actions, directs agencies to grant relief to every one of the constituencies affected by the sprawling 2010 health-care law: insurers, hospitals, doctors, pharmaceutical companies and states. While the order does not describe specific federal rules to be softened or lifted, it appears to give room for agencies to eliminate an array of taxes and requirements that exist under the law.

Though the new administration's specific intentions are not not yet clear, the order's breadth and early timing carry symbolic value for a president who made repealing the ACA - his predecessor's signature domestic achievement - a leading campaign promise.

Trump signs executive order that could gut Affordable Care Act's individual mandate
Not particularly sure this is an accurate interpretation of the Executive Order...what are your thought?
It seems to give states which are not complying with the ACA to wave, defer, or delay it.

I've been trying to explain EO's to dumbass RW's for months, and the best they can come up with is to call me a liar. Trump cant unilaterally kill Obamacare with an EO. It will take a long time just to break it down and attack various portions of the law. Sit back and watch would be my best advice.

I've been trying to explain EO's to dumbass RW's for months, and the best they can come up with is to call me a liar. Trump cant unilaterally kill Obamacare with an EO. It will take a long time just to break it down and attack various portions of the law. Sit back and watch would be my best advice.

Which is why the OP stated "to begin". Stains have to stain.

Looking at the EO (thanks to the Show Me State's post #6) it seems to me more symbolic by ordering to stay within present law but do what you can to ease its burden because change is a comin'.

Forum List

Back