Chicago Police Investigating Video Of Cop Car Playing The Song 'Sweet Home Alabama'

So now we can't listen to songs that are considered classic of their genre because of perceived racism? More proof liberal political correctness is destroying the moral fabric of tbis nation.

Chicago police investigate video of cop car playing Alabama song - Yahoo News
I would think that cop cars have to have music off to listen for radio calls.

No. They dont. Cops can listen to music. Just like an office employee can while listening to customers.

• Banned
When I first saw the headline I thought they were talking about this Alabama song.

Laurel & Hardy Dance To The 'Alabama ******'

Maybe the cop is a football fan and was excited about #1 ranked Alabama in the college football playoff.

This is just silly.

I can agree with the investigation if the article was correct.
The article stated that the unmarked police cruiser was driving on the same street of, and during, a protest march of overwhelmingly black protesters. And that the radio was "blaring" the song.
If he was doing that - then he was in the wrong and should be reprimanded.

Imagine if during a memorial march commemorating the death of a fellow officer, some black kid drove right past them, slowly, while blaring the song "Cop Killer".
Same thing. IF the article is correct.

The article stated that the unmarked police cruiser was driving on the same street of, and during, a protest march of overwhelmingly black protesters. And that the radio was "blaring" the song.
Why was it wrong if it was done in front of negro protesters?

Why was it wrong if it was done in front of negro protesters?

We should all start playing it.

Forum List

Back