Chicago Mayor - Brandon Johnson pulls an upset?

How's that working for ya? You sound more coherent.

I'm sorry. I don't speak monkey gibberish.

Hold on a second while I consult my Monkey/English translator on Google...

So you understand why the Establishment guy lost but the guy from outside the Establishment is the problem?

Well, the first problem is that you think that Johnson is outside the "Establishment". Yes, he got the endorsement of Commie Bernie but he is also hooked in with Toni Perwinkle and the Chicago Teachers union. So this wasn't so much a case between Establishment vs. non-establishment but more like which faction got control.

The CTU beat out the FOP. I'm not entirely sure this is a good thing, because I consider both unions to be a large part of the problem of what ails the Windy City.

Not quite one-third of registered voters (33.2%) bothered to vote in Tuesday’s election for the next mayor of Chicago, and the non-voting two thirds may soon regret their electoral passivity. Brandon Johnson, a far-left radical, has won the race with a 2.8% margin at the latest count, and thanks to his anti-police stance, the crime wave driving businesses and residents out of the city will only get worse.

You obviously don't understand why we had looting to start with.

We had looting because of repeated instances of police misconduct, being capped off by a police officer shooting a teenager 16 times (and getting a little over 3 years for it.)

The problem is, Vallas ran on a platform of letting the cops do whatever they felt like doing, and people rejected that as how we got here to start with.

Damaging the party? Is the purpose of the Democratic party to protect the Democratic party or is the purpose of the Democratic party to represent its voters?

That's an easy one. The purpose of the party is to build consensus in order to achieve policy. You don't do that by nominating or electing complete radicals like Commie Bernie who scare off the straights.

Who is still laughing....

R.c96c612161a44e1834079ad1bcde98a3

Something is seriously wrong with people from Chicago....
The only thing wrong was a bunch of puritans with sticks up their asses imposed a moralistic policy that most people didn't really agree with.

It only took 15 years to realize what a big fucking mistake prohibition was....

So, the demofascist elites chose the more destructive of the two progressive loons.

Okay. It will be fun to watch shitcago fall apart as those who can, leave.

Well, no the people picked Johnson. I personally don't agree with it, but I understand it. Vallas wasn't selling anything that people wanted to hear.

Out with the old progressive and her failed policies and in with the new progressive to carry on those very same policies. What a bunch of dumb fucks. No wonder Chicago is a shithole city.
Chicago is a fine city, and certainly better than any inbred shithole in Jesusland.

Yup. Out with the old progressive mayor and her failed policies that turned Chicago into a shithole city and in with the new progressive mayor who will carry on the same policies. But, I don't understand the point of voting her out, only to elect the very same to replace her.

Well, maybe the problem people had with Lightfoot wasn't what she stood for, but her inability to get it done.

Vallas said, "Let's go back to the way it was under my Buddies Rahm and Richie" and people said no.

I think Lightfoot paid for a lot of resentment people had over Covid as well.

Actually, it won't be the same policies...it will be worse...........he is not even hiding his marxism....

Oh, noes, not "Marxism".

1680729185890.jpeg

They are no longer safe in the Downtown area....especially at night and on the weekends........the criminals know the cops are too concerned with not being prosecuted for doing their jobs .....

Bullshit.

I was down at the Field Museum with my girlfriend a couple of weeks ago. Other than the insane traffic, no issues at all.

It's not the cops job to shoot some kid in the back 16 times.

That's an easy one. The purpose of the party is to build consensus in order to achieve policy. You don't do that by nominating or electing complete radicals like Commie Bernie who scare off the straights.

There's NOTHING communist about Bernie Sanders. He's a rich white DemoKKKrat with 45 years in the establishment to prove it.

Well, they'll have another mass shooting today (as they do every day), and the new mayor's response will be the same as the old mayor's response: Trump did it/racism did it/white people did it/Republicans did it. Anything but the truth, because the truth is that the leftists LIKE it this way. This is what they want.

You don't have to live in Chicago to have mass shootings... you have them in Jesusland.

Which iswhy just running to Red States wont save us.....they will not jist leave us alone.....they will use the federal government against thise Red States eventually....

We will have to start the process of takimg back these cities....the left took 100 years to take control...it will tke just as long to take it
back

I would be all for the GOP appealling to the cities...
They can start by actually coming up with policies that appeal to people who live there.

Part of the reason why Vallas lost is people remembered how he let the Charter School Scammers loot the school system.

The party doesn't elect radicals, the voters do. Such a shame we live in a democracy where even they get to elect people who represent their values.

The party doesn't elect radicals, the voters do. Such a shame we live in a democracy where even they get to elect people who represent their values.

Well, sadly, sometimes the crazy left does put people like Commie Bernie or AOC or Johnson in office.

They accomplish nothing (because they can't build consensus).

Commie Bernie has been in Congress for what, 30-40 years now? What's he accomplished?

The only thing wrong was a bunch of puritans with sticks up their asses imposed a moralistic policy that most people didn't really agree with.

It only took 15 years to realize what a big fucking mistake prohibition was....
That was an era of very small government and people were not anchored to a high tax nation with checks and benefits sent to them. We are junkies now on that with a percentage of people very violent, deserved, sickly and old. And to remove it is withdrawal.

If you don't want me to argue something, don't argue it yourself.

If you don't understand the argument, then don't engage in the conversation.

I stated that Vallas got Establishment Support... that is not the same as saying Johnson wasn't establishment, just that the establishment liked Vallas just a little bit better. Some of the Establishment DID support Johnson A lot of the Establishment had the good sense to stay out of it, such as Pritzker.

Hopefully, having clarified it for you, you can stop saying dumb things. .

If you don't understand the argument, then don't engage in the conversation.

I stated that Vallas got Establishment Support... that is not the same as saying Johnson wasn't establishment, just that the establishment liked Vallas just a little bit better. Some of the Establishment DID support Johnson A lot of the Establishment had the good sense to stay out of it, such as Pritzker.

Hopefully, having clarified it for you, you can stop saying dumb things. .

CULT FIGHT!

Well, no the people picked Johnson. I personally don't agree with it, but I understand it. Vallas wasn't selling anything that people wanted to hear.

Chicago is a fine city, and certainly better than any inbred shithole in Jesusland.

Well, maybe the problem people had with Lightfoot wasn't what she stood for, but her inability to get it done.

Vallas said, "Let's go back to the way it was under my Buddies Rahm and Richie" and people said no.

I think Lightfoot paid for a lot of resentment people had over Covid as well.

Oh, noes, not "Marxism".

View attachment 773546

Tell that to the inner city folks to terrified to go out st night, or to the family's of the 609 or so murdered every year, or to the business owners leaving because it is too dangerous, and to impossible to make a living thanks to rampant theft.

You, are an idiot.

Well, sadly, sometimes the crazy left does put people like Commie Bernie or AOC or Johnson in office.

They accomplish nothing (because they can't build consensus).

Commie Bernie has been in Congress for what, 30-40 years now? What's he accomplished?
What have any of them accomplished in the last 30-40 years that you are proud of? What have we got from their concensus? Unending War? Annual increases in defense spending? Tax Cuts for the rich? Bernie's voice is what has inspired this generation of AOCs and they keep building on their victories with every election. Progressive policies are the most popular policies in the country. They might not be among the estsblishment but that's why consenus we can be satisfied with will only come after we primary enough of the do nothing moderates.

Forum List

Back