Chicago Man Released From Prison 20 Years Later After Twin Brother Confesses to Murder

this is not funny...or is it?

Yes. It is funny. Where was his brother when he supposedly went up, for a murder his brother committed? So, he was convicted of shooting a rival gang member. Maybe he should have stayed out of gang life in the first place. Now brother serving 99 years, so he confesses knowing he won't serve any more for this killing.

To me, none of this is funny, especially if the guy who is now free was not given a sufficient enough compensation considering how much time has been ripped away from him. I wonder what would've happened if he had been killed while in prison when he never should've been there to begin with.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

How could he let his brother rot in prison?

Some people.
I suspect that he didnt let his brother take the fall, but he is only saying he did it because he lost his appeal for another case where a child was murdered during a home invasion. He probably figured he could at least take the blame for his brothers murder, since he is never getting out of jail anyway. That whole family sucks.

Smith had been denied an appeal himself as he was serving out a 99-year sentence for a home invasion that saw a child shot in the head. Prosecutors questioned the motives behind his confession, telling the judge that he only came forward after a court upheld his own conviction for attempted murder, the Chicago Tribune had reported at the time.

Forum List

Back