Cheney: January 6 Probe Found Evidence of ‘Extremely Broad,’ Chilling ‘Conspiracy’

I pay attention to content of your posts even though you haven't been on here very long.
I'm a very, very pissed off parent, is what I am.

We don't know or care from parties. We just love our kids. Want to see them safe. And happy.

This business of rioting in the streets for 8 months and then bitching about ONE day to the exclusion of all others, is not going to fly.

This business of putting righties in jail and letting lefties go, is not going to fly.

The fucking leftard partisan hacks are destroying the confidence that Americans have in our government and our political process.

You don't have to be a rightie to understand how dangerous this stuff is. Lefties are playing with fire.

I'm a very, very pissed off parent, is what I am.

We don't know or care from parties. We just love our kids. Want to see them safe. And happy.
Kids, and parents, are begging Repubs to support enhanced gun control. If you want them to be more safe you should listen to them.

If all she was concerned with was winning her primary she would have shirked her duty, ignored her oath to protect and defend the country from enemies foreign and domestic, and done what most cowardly Repubs have done. Endorsed the Big Lie and turned a blind eye to the evidence of the attempted coup. Instead, she chose to be a patriot.

1. President Trump engaged in a massive effort to spread false and fraudulent information to the American public claiming the 2020 election was stolen from him.

2. President Trump corruptly planned to replace the Acting Attorney General, so that the Department of Justice would support his fake election claims.

3. President Trump corruptly pressured Vice President Pence to refuse to count certified electoral votes in violation of the US Constitution and the law.

4. President Trump corruptly pressured state election officials, and state legislators, to change election results.

5. President Trump’s legal team and other Trump associates instructed Republicans in multiple states to create false electoral slates and transmit those slates to Congress and the National Archives.

6. President Trump summoned and assembled a violent mob in Washington and directed them to march on the US Capitol.

7. As the violence was underway, President Trump ignored multiple pleas for assistance and failed to take immediate action to stop the violence and instruct his supporters to leave the Capitol.

Trump sucks! Trump sucks! Trump sucks! Yada, yada, yada.

Spare us the Dim propaganda. We've heard it all before 10,000 times.

It's all horseshit.

Kids, and parents, are begging Repubs to support enhanced gun control. If you want them to be more safe you should listen to them.

Republicans are parents, moron.

I would agree that viewing will be low numbers, Most have made up their minds, New information not required.
"Low numbers". OK, perhaps over the course of the 6 hearings the viewership may decline.
Although, at 20 million on that first night....that's not a bad haul at all.
I would argue though, these hearings are necessary for our democracy and for our history. Let's get it all on an accessible record...of what happened, who did what, who said what, and who is responsible for this, that, and the other thing. American history needs this accounting.

Whether there will be a satisfactory assignment of responsibility to the appropriate players.....well, time will tell. Hopefully, we will see that if the Committee exposes a crime and assembles evidence for it.......we can hope the DOJ will bring the hammer.

So far the reviews of what the Committee did on Tuesday are encouraging.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This business of rioting in the streets for 8 months and then bitching about ONE day to the exclusion of all others, is not going to fly.
This business of putting righties in jail and letting lefties go, is not going to fly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A couple of Straw Men inhabit those two sentences.
Which the poster 'scruffy' attempts to heroically knock down.

But let's autopsy 'em a bit. OK?

'Business of rioting' for 8 months' is a canard. What we saw throughout the summer of 2020 were many many protest over police brutality spurred by a series of police killings of unarmed black men, culminating in the broad daylight murder of George Floyd along a busy street in Minneapolis. Emblematic of the cause for the protests was the response from the Minneapolis Police Department who promptly explained that George Floyd simply died of a health issue while undergoing arrest.
Then the videos came out showing just what happened. Kaboom!!

And that 'Kaboom' entailed this: "The protests spread to over 2,000 cities and towns in all 50 states[4] and all 5 permanently-inhabited territories,[5][6][7][8][9] as well as in over 60 other countries, with demonstrators supporting those seeking justice for Floyd and the wider Black Lives Matter movement, and speaking out against police brutality."
"A June 22, 2020, article from The Washington Post tallied over 14,000 arrests made since May 27. The Hill reported over 17,000 arrests had been made in the first two weeks of protests."

So, in short, protesting police brutality was widely supported in America (and the world). Figures vary but up to 26 million people participated!!

Where violence did occur....and it most certainly did in some protests....(including more police brutality in some of them), well, miscreants were arrested if apprehended on scene, identified by snitches or subsequent film analysis. Up to 17,000 per the online news magazine 'The Hill'.

I don't wish to impugn the poster's motives; however, in my view the widely viewed George Floyd murder did two things....that linger today.
First, it galvanized a movement that focused and widely criticized police attitudes and practices that brutalized people of color. In short, that merde' still happens....but not as often, and the consequences are higher for the offending LEO.

Second, with the subsequent protests, some violent, it provided the RightyTighties of FOX News and internet social media an oft-used 'Look, Squirrel' diversion when other outrages have been focused on by the media or liberal interests. It is dishonest and manipulative. But that's not new. Duh!

That's quite an indictment of Americans. 5M chose to learn more of the truth about 1/6 and other aspects of the attempted coup while half that many chose to be lied to in order to reinforce their pre-existent bias.
The committee is doing all the lying, you fucking douchebag. They even doctored a video by removing exculpatory portions of it. They didn't allow any true Republicans on the committee who would actual cross examine the witnesses.

It's all horseshit.

I don't hate Trump. I just have no respect for him. But Trump is just the symptom. In order for him to be the cancer he is, he needs support.
From good people like you. You enable him. You support him. Which says far more about you than him.

So no, it's not Trump I hate, it's people like you. :)
Sorry.
Ah, Jack? When you call someone a "cancer"... it's a pretty good sign that you hate them...just saying!

I support Trump's policies. They were good for the country. I've never liked Trump's personality and I've made that clear for quite some time. He's a New Yorker. He's loud. He's pushy. He's arrogant. Not my cup of tea but at least he's COMPETENT which made me overlook the personality issues!

Joe Biden on the other hand...is a moron. He's been a moron since Nixon was in office and THAT my liberal friend is a long long time!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am fairly skeptical of the "hate" paradigm.
Rather, I am more persuaded that it is more of a 'disrespect' vibe.

As we can so readily see on just this single narrow-gauge gossipboard the RightyTighties are the ones who most regularly use the most crass profanity. Shux, some can hardly complete a sentence, let alone a paragraph, without the f-bomb or 'douchebag' to help them carry their thoughts.

THAT....in my humble opinion....hardly earns respect. Can't say I hate it. But it surely signals something about some folks' education or quality of the parenting they received. So there is that.

And then, the uber-defensiveness over any expressed skepticism towards Don Trump. Don Trump himself highlighted it in a speech in January of 2016. To wit:
"I have the most loyal people -- did you ever see that?"
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" "It's, like, incredible."*

In this case, given the fluidity of language "loyalty" is being diplomatically substituted for 'dense'.

IMHO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Come to think about it, that 'Fifth Avenue' quote offers us a perceptive insight into why so many of the Duped & Snookered refuse to condemn those MAGAHats who beat the snot out of the Capitol police on January 6th. Or even criticize Don Trump's failure to be pro-active that day in preventing or mitigating the violence that ensued from his incitement of the mob at the Ellipse.

In short, Trump's target practice on Fifth Avenue signaled the January 6th violent attack.

That too, is...MHO.
You do realize that Trump never actually shot anyone on 5th Avenue, Chilly? God you folks on the left get more ridiculous with each passing day!

I don't have a problem with making it harder for deranged people to get guns, Berg. My problem is I know that people like you won't stop there. You want to take away the right of law abiding people to own guns and you see school shootings as a way to make that happen. Then you turn around and declare that Republicans don't care about kids. We do. We'd like to be able to protect ours. You know...from the violent mobs and violent criminals that you on the left are so fond of?

Ah, Jack? When you call someone a "cancer"... it's a pretty good sign that you hate them...just saying!

I support Trump's policies. They were good for the country. I've never liked Trump's personality and I've made that clear for quite some time. He's a New Yorker. He's loud. He's pushy. He's arrogant. Not my cup of tea but at least he's COMPETENT which made me overlook the personality issues!

Joe Biden on the other hand...is a moron. He's been a moron since Nixon was in office and THAT my liberal friend is a long long time!
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Trump didn't have any policies. The people who surrounded him did. I can deal with pushy and arrogant..if they can bring the game.
But he couldn't. He was incompetent. He got gifted a good economy and falling unemployment. For three years he coasts..and then drops the ball the moment his presidency is tested.

Tell me, when has Biden had ANY stretch of good news (other than the fact he was declared the winner). :)

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Trump didn't have any policies. The people who surrounded him did. I can deal with pushy and arrogant..if they can bring the game.
But he couldn't. He was incompetent. He got gifted a good economy and falling unemployment. For three years he coasts..and then drops the ball the moment his presidency is tested.

Tell me, when has Biden had ANY stretch of good news (other than the fact he was declared the winner). :)
Oh my god are you pathetic! Trump's policies gave us some of the best economic numbers this country has EVER seen before Covid! They made the US energy independent. He gifted Biden with the vaccines and so many ventilators that we were giving them away to other nations and STILL more people have died of Covid under Clueless Joe than under Trump!

There isn't a single thing that Joe Biden has touched since becoming President that hasn't turned to shit! That's his SUPER POWER! It's like a reverse Midas touch! It was what Barack Obama was warning us about when he told us not to underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up!

Forum List

Back