Chauvin’s lawyer seeks new trial, hearing to impeach verdict

Are you really that slow.

Page 4 question 7. Did you or anybody you know participate IN ANY of the demonstration or marches against police brutality that took place in Minnesota after George Floyd's death?

The question doesn't say anywhere in the country, it specifically states the state of MINNESOTA.
And on page eight it asks if you attended a demonstration ANYWHERE

Change the venue, sequester the jury and ensure impartial jurors who aren’t being threatened by mob violence and house members making threats and I’ll accept the new verdict as fair.
It can only ever be fair in your mind when a white cop can murder black men with impunity.

The whole world saw a coldblooded murder.

It can only ever be fair in your mind when a white cop can murder black men with impunity.

Then let some other part of the world hear the case and determine that. This guy was a medical mess: three times the lethal dose of fentanyl, on meth, serious heart and artery problems, he even had covid.

The United States Constitution guarantees all citizens the right to a speedy trial judged by an impartial jury. Thanks to the leftist media, there is no way officer Chauvin was judged by an impartial jury in that area because any juror that would vote on behalf of the officer could have faced harm or death. Therefore this entire trial was unconstitutional.

Then let some other part of the world hear the case and determine that. This guy was a medical mess: three times the lethal dose of fentanyl, on meth, serious heart and artery problems, he even had covid.
[/QUOTE]

All of which could be true about Floyd's condition, but none of which can justify a coldblooded murder.
The United States Constitution guarantees all citizens the right to a speedy trial judged by an impartial jury. Thanks to the leftist media, there is no way officer Chauvin was judged by an impartial jury in that area because any juror that would vote on behalf of the officer could have faced harm or death. Therefore this entire trial was unconstitutional.
[/QUOTE]
Chauvin was judged and found guilty of murder by a jury that was acceptable to his defense team.

What is it about the system that you think is unconstitutional?
Are you proposing some change to the system, and if so then what.

You're really becoming quite the extremist asshole Ray.
But I'm not against seeing your country become just as extremist with you!
Fk America; it no longer has the power to run roughshod over more small countries. China has risen and the world is seeing it's peaceful performance as a better choice.

yup... you clearly wanted to read something into that sentence that wasn't there.

Maybe if they asked, "Did you engage in a protest anywhere doing anything black", you might have an argument.

Not protesting a specific thing in a specific place.

And then he took the $20 anyway, and THEN tried to get the merchandise back.

None of which proves he actually tried to pass a fake $20.00.

In fact, he was probably too stoned to tell the difference.
There were two questions about demonstrations, I believe the first was on page eight and it specifically asked about Minneapolis, the second was two pages later and said notwithstanding the earlier question, did you attend any protests over the Floyd death. There is a link to the questionnaire very early in the thread, so you can look it up for yourself.

Chauvin’s lawyer seeks new trial, hearing to impeach verdict

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The defense attorney for the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of killing George Floyd has requested a new trial, saying the court abused its discretion, and he wants a hearing to have the verdict impeached because of what he says is jury misconduct, according to a court document filed Tuesday.
~Snip~
Brandt said Nelson will likely file more detailed written arguments on these issues. The purpose of holding a hearing to impeach the verdict would be to develop a factual record and present evidence that could determine whether the verdict was compromised. If a hearing is granted, it’s likely Mitchell would be called in to answer questions, Brandt said.

When the Congresswoman made those threats I felt she caused a possible mistrial and I feel the case could get tossed and believe it or not I am not on Chauvin side!

They moved the OJ trail to the LA courthouse instead of the smaller one near Brentwood because the smaller one wouldn't have been able to hold the media. They didn't move it out of the city where he committed his crimes.

Again- he committed his crime against the people of Minneapolis and in the name of the people of Minneapolis, they should have been the ones to decide his fate.

Not sure why you want to change the subject. Can you point out a case where a white person was strangled for nine minutes, in front of the view of a whole crowd.

Now, I've said all along, cops kill too many Americans. 1000 a year compared to only a handful in other industrialized countries. Maybe we do need a WLM movement.
If the trial had been held in the Brentwood Courthouse, OJ would have been easily found guilty. Brentwood draws from a different jury pool than downtown LA.

Bullshit. I’ve always thought he was guilty of at least manslaughter. But he didn’t get a fair trial. Between threats of mob violence, a jury pool tainted by nearly a year’s rioting and House members calling for violence if there was no conviction, Chauvin couldn’t possibly get a fair trial in Minneapolis.

uh, no, here's what Chauvin's problem was.

They caught him on tape doing exactly what he was accused of.

There were two questions about demonstrations, I believe the first was on page eight and it specifically asked about Minneapolis, the second was two pages later and said notwithstanding the earlier question, did you attend any protests over the Floyd death. There is a link to the questionnaire very early in the thread, so you can look it up for yourself.

Except that March in Washington wasn't about Floyd's death, it was about Dr. King's speech.

If the trial had been held in the Brentwood Courthouse, OJ would have been easily found guilty. Brentwood draws from a different jury pool than downtown LA.

Would he have?

I think the one thing we've learned from the last four years is Americans just love them some celebrities, no matter what stupid shit they do.

Combine that with a weak case, a star witness that openly lied, gloves that didn't fit, and a half dozen other prosecution missteps, they could have gotten at least one juror to vote not guilty.

Chauvin was judged and found guilty of murder by a jury that was acceptable to his defense team.

What is it about the system that you think is unconstitutional?
Are you proposing some change to the system, and if so then what.

You're really becoming quite the extremist asshole Ray.
But I'm not against seeing your country become just as extremist with you!
Fk America; it no longer has the power to run roughshod over more small countries. China has risen and the world is seeing it's peaceful performance as a better choice.

Yeah, and how many of your citizens did they murder throughout the past year and a half? How many Canadian citizens did we Americans murder?

Oh, and that's the good news. The bad news is China is planning on building three additiional Wuhan labs so perhaps they can kill twice as many Canadians next time. So bow to your communist king.

Bullshit. I’ve always thought he was guilty of at least manslaughter. But he didn’t get a fair trial. Between threats of mob violence, a jury pool tainted by nearly a year’s rioting and House members calling for violence if there was no conviction, Chauvin couldn’t possibly get a fair trial in Minneapolis.
Your country is what Americans have made it AZ. He got as fair a trial as was possible in a country in which it's people refer to as a 'shithole'.

Forum List

Back