Charles Krauthammer: Obamacare to Result in National Sales Tax on Americans; Public O

We keeping think that the problem is how to fund HC.

Instead we ought to be thinking about how to REDUCE the cost of HC.

The easiest way to do that is to allow people to know what health care actually costs.

Have you ever tried to get an itemized bill as you would from your veterinarian from your physician?

Then allow insurance companies to sell across state lines.

When I was living in MA there was no competition in the auto insurance market. None. it didn't matter how many companies you called the prices were all within a dollar if each other and lo and behold, the minute MA allowed out of state insurance companies to sell in MA prices plummeted.

it ain't rocket science that competition drives down prices.

So couple the consumer being able to see what he pays and thereby shop for the best deal and allow real competition between insurance companies and both costs and premiums will drop.

Last edited:
the obamaist stalinites have always wanted a national sales tax

The so-called fair tax is a national sales tax and almost all the proponents of it I've seen were conservatives.

That is because liberals don't want to give up the Income Tax. If the Fair Tax did not include the provision that the Income Tax be eliminated they would be all for it.

Immie

Immie Immie Immie,, I must correct you.. Liberals don't want to pay income tax.. they like to spend other people's money, which is indicative of why they reacted so viscerally to Krauthammer's projection of the future. All this time they thought they could skate by socking it to the rich guy. but obamie knows just like Krauthammer knows, there aren't enough rich guys.

Influential conservative commentator Charles Krauthammer is predicting that to pay for the unconstitutional mess known as Obamacare, Obama will have to push for a National Sales Tax within the coming
year. In analysis delivered on the O'Reilly Factor, Krauthammer explained why he's certain that the Public Option—long denied by Obama and the Democrats as something we would see—is in fact here already, too, in the very bill Obama signed into law just yesterday. A sales tax is defined as a levy on the sale of goods and services, likely imposed at different levels of business activity

Charles Krauthammer: Obamacare to Result in National Sales Tax on Americans; Public Option Already Here - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

it was definitely a government take over and democwats were too stupid to know it,, typical of democwats..
Nan has wanted a VAT tax for years, it wouldn't surprise me if they go for it.

the obamaist stalinites have always wanted a national sales tax

The so-called fair tax is a national sales tax and almost all the proponents of it I've seen were conservatives.

That is because liberals don't want to give up the Income Tax. If the Fair Tax did not include the provision that the Income Tax be eliminated they would be all for it.

Immie

Be honest, neither side wants to eliminate the income tax. Government has to be funded thru some means and there is already a means in place....the income tax. Neither side wants to do the hard work of reinventing the wheel. The Fair Tax is a fully thought out plan from start to finish on how to transition from the income tax, but very few politicians of either stripe will sign on to it and endorse it.

Because there's really no difference between Repudlicans and Dimocrats is there?

Nope.....the only difference is what liberties they want to take from you.

If you don't mind, I would like to change your statement just a little bit by adding one word:

Nope.....the only difference is what liberties they want to take from you, first.

Because in the long run, neither side cares about any of our liberties. It is just which ones go first.

Immie

We've been losing liberties for a long time. There is no "first" about it. We are in a long line of progression from both sides.

Immie

Be honest, neither side wants to eliminate the income tax. Government has to be funded thru some means and there is already a means in place....the income tax. Neither side wants to do the hard work of reinventing the wheel. The Fair Tax is a fully thought out plan from start to finish on how to transition from the income tax, but very few politicians of either stripe will sign on to it and endorse it.

I don't disagree with that if you are speaking about Congress. Neither side in Congress wants to give up the income tax because the income tax gives Congress the power over corporations and lobbyists. How? Because when they go to Congress for legislation, Congress can tempt them with tax credits and the likes.

That would change under the Fair Tax.

On the other hand, conservatives who are not members of Congress seem to see this aspect of the Income Tax and are much more open to the idea of snatching that out of Congress' hands.

Immie

Last edited:
Nope.....the only difference is what liberties they want to take from you.

If you don't mind, I would like to change your statement just a little bit by adding one word:

Nope.....the only difference is what liberties they want to take from you, first.

Because in the long run, neither side cares about any of our liberties. It is just which ones go first.

Immie

We've been losing liberties for a long time. There is no "first" about it. We are in a long line of progression from both sides.

First as in the next one in line.

Immie

It is already going to be a byproduct of the new law: rationed care and reductions in new medicine/treatement development.

Perceptive on one hand and blind faith on the other.

The market is doing the same thing to us, right now.

Well...maybe not to you but to millions of Americans who have (or don't) HC.

Maybe you ought to check out the annual lifetime caps on your HC plan, amigo.

Many of us with HC have them as a standard part of our policies.

This is the kind of crap that pisses me off. Some knucklehead makes some boneheaded prediction that will scare a bazillion people...and there's no accountability.

I was thinking about the same thing. Obama and his claim that Obama care is going to be the thing that saves America!

It is already going to be a byproduct of the new law: rationed care and reductions in new medicine/treatement development.

Perceptive on one hand and blind faith on the other.

The market is doing the same thing to us, right now.

Well...maybe not to you but to millions of Americans who have (or don't) HC.

Maybe you ought to check out the annual lifetime caps on your HC plan, amigo.

Many of us with HC have them as a standard part of our policies.

I'm less than $3,000 into my lifetime cap. Don't get hurt enough to go to the doc and rarely have a sick day. If it wasn't for covering my wife, I'd pay the fine.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back