CDZ Charity is a failure of government - Discuss

Seriously, people like you will be dragged off by the angry mob when the revolution comes wondering what you did wrong.

Mobs have been trying to do away with my people for millennia. My people are still here.

Mobs are easily distracted and never long-lived.
You mean minorities who set themselves apart from society.
Having said that if you insist on shouting from the rooftops "Hey guys I'm Jewish and were Gods chosen people so fuck you!" don't be surprised if the 'mob' turns' nasty especially if you look like this-

1603801383500.png

Isn't it time orthodox Jews got a make over?
And no I'm not anti simitic but just saying.

In this story the tory minister is praising the efforts of foodbanks in helping folk to not starve.

But we pay taxes to live in a society where people are not going to starve. People should not be at the mercy of charity to put some food on the table.

Everybody pays taxes so they have a right to expect help when they go through bad times. Welfare has a dignity that charity has not got. It is time to move on from Victorian era social policy.

What do you get when you reward bad behavior? Think hard now!
How is losing your job "bad behaviour" ? It will happen to everyone in their lifetime. Welfare is the biggest insurance policy in the world. You put in when you are working and you take out when you are not.
Its not a bed of roses but its better than starving and you are not beholding to some bogus charitable group.

In this story the tory minister is praising the efforts of foodbanks in helping folk to not starve.

But we pay taxes to live in a society where people are not going to starve. People should not be at the mercy of charity to put some food on the table.

Everybody pays taxes so they have a right to expect help when they go through bad times. Welfare has a dignity that charity has not got. It is time to move on from Victorian era social policy.

What do you get when you reward bad behavior? Think hard now!
How is losing your job "bad behaviour" ? It will happen to everyone in their lifetime. Welfare is the biggest insurance policy in the world. You put in when you are working and you take out when you are not.
Its not a bed of roses but its better than starving and you are not beholding to some bogus charitable group.
Welfare is the biggest insurance policy in the world.

No it isn't.....Thrift and wise money management are.

The most bogus "charitable group" ever created is The State....Its administration consumes orders of magnitude more resources that do private charities....The best cared for people with welfare programs are the bureaucrats...True story.

In this story the tory minister is praising the efforts of foodbanks in helping folk to not starve. But we pay taxes to live in a society where people are not going to starve. People should not be at the mercy of charity to put some food on the table.

Galled at helping people out again with your money? Show me where in the tax code it says anything about people not starving? Charity is a gift of God. Ever think that the food backs ARE the means whereby society keeps folks from starving? Just as taxes are a charity to government so that they can operate, food banks for those less fortunate in a time of need is a charity of the heart because some day, they might wish or need the favor returned.

Not much gets done well government or private, because to much is led by personal greed, personal opinion, political opinion, religious opinion as opposed to what would work best to improve the life's of those in need.

you don't want to pay the taxes that will do what you want because you'll have nothing left after.

But like most people you probably want other people to pay higher taxes so you can get what you want without paying more yourself.
Taxation should be fair to all. Currently it isnt fair. There is something fundamentally wrong in a system where trump pays less tax than the girl who cleans his gold toilet every morning.
This has been debunked, just saying.
Its probably right in many cases. Rich folk can afford help to avoid taxes. poor folk cant afford that help.
The poor don't need help in avoiding taxes. They don't pay any taxes.

When people are helped through charity, they often know or come to understand what they received was made by the willing sacrifices of others. In turn they are more likely to preform acts of charity or make sacrifices of their own to helps others.
I grew up in the very worst kind of poverty you could possibly imagine. From time to time people thought they were helping out. The government wasn't in the welfare business in those days. Individuals gave us food, sometimes money, sometimes even a place to stay. By the time I was ten years old I had grown to despise these self righteous do gooders. Our family problem wasn't poverty. The problem was that poverty wasn't painful enough. When poverty hurts so much that you will do anything to alleviate that poverty the poverty will end. The charitable made sure we stayed in that kind of poverty.

As a child of abject poverty and homelessness, rather than be more likely to perform acts of charity to others I would not help someone bleeding in the street if I had the very last bandaid on earth.

Yeah, right.

Published April 23, 2010
Last Update May 7, 2015
Did General Motors Really Repay Its Taxpayer Bailout?
By Charles "Chuck" Grassley, | Fox News

General Motors announced this week that it repaid its multibillion-dollar taxpayer-backed TARP loans. GM even bragged that it was able to “repay the taxpayers in full, with interest, ahead of schedule, because more customers are buying [GM] vehicles.” There was great fanfare, including expensive, around-the-clock GM TV commercials nationwide. But, the hype is not the reality. In fact, GM did not repay the loans with money it earned from selling cars. Instead, GM repaid the TARP loans with money it withdrew from another TARP fund at the Treasury Department.

1. There is no dignity in welfare. None. There is only dignity in work and self respect.
2. It is not possible for the government to provide for everyone. The numbers don't add up. If you took the money from every working member of society and redistributed it, minus the ruling class cut, you would not come close to providing for every member of society. Even worse, the more the government provides, the less incentive there is for people to be productive. It would cause a downward spiral in productivity. Freedom, work, and self respect are still the obvious choice.

you don't want to pay the taxes that will do what you want because you'll have nothing left after.

But like most people you probably want other people to pay higher taxes so you can get what you want without paying more yourself.
Taxation should be fair to all. Currently it isnt fair. There is something fundamentally wrong in a system where trump pays less tax than the girl who cleans his gold toilet every morning.
This has been debunked, just saying.
Its probably right in many cases. Rich folk can afford help to avoid taxes. poor folk cant afford that help.
The poor don't pay income taxes right off the bat, so you don't need to hire a guy for that.

When people are helped through charity, they often know or come to understand what they received was made by the willing sacrifices of others. In turn they are more likely to preform acts of charity or make sacrifices of their own to helps others.
I grew up in the very worst kind of poverty you could possibly imagine. From time to time people thought they were helping out. The government wasn't in the welfare business in those days. Individuals gave us food, sometimes money, sometimes even a place to stay. By the time I was ten years old I had grown to despise these self righteous do gooders. Our family problem wasn't poverty. The problem was that poverty wasn't painful enough. When poverty hurts so much that you will do anything to alleviate that poverty the poverty will end. The charitable made sure we stayed in that kind of poverty.

As a child of abject poverty and homelessness, rather than be more likely to perform acts of charity to others I would not help someone bleeding in the street if I had the very last bandaid on earth.
"I would not help someone bleeding in the street if I had the very last bandaid on earth."

Unusually your childhood experiences in poverty helped to create a very sick individual. Although I've got a feeling you would have turned out the same if you'd been born rich. Bet you attend Church on Sunday though.

Forum List

Back