Charges: Bemidji man shot 17-year-old girl after she told him not to ride mower in..

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Her Yard.

The nerve of this 17 year old girl right?

BEMIDJI, Minn. — A northern Minnesota man was charged Wednesday with shooting a 17-year-old girl several times after authorities say she told him not to ride his lawn mower through her yard.

Chad Pickering, 40, of Bemidji appeared in Beltrami County court on a felony charge of attempted first-degree murder. Bail was set at $300,000.

Pickering shot the teen three times as she stood on the deck of her home Monday night, the criminal complaint said. The teen was shot in her chest, right thigh and left ankle. She was taken to a Duluth hospital.

Pickering is due back in court Monday. A phone message left for his public defender was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Records show Pickering is in custody in the Beltrami County Jail. A message left on the jail's voicemail for inmates was not immediately returned.

The teen told authorities she had gone outside to tie up her barking dog when she saw the shadow of someone crouching in the yard. She said she heard three gunshots and felt bullets striking her. The teen said she fell on the deck and had to pull herself into the house, because she could not walk, to call 911.

Investigators said they found three spent .45-caliber shells in the grass near the deck. Authorities also found an area about 75 to 100 feet south of the home where someone apparently had been lying in the grass beneath a pine tree.
Charges: Bemidji man shot 17-year-old girl after she told him not to ride mower in her yard | Star Tribune

Maybe he will get off on "Stand Your Ground" (on other people's property).

Her Yard.

BEMIDJI, Minn. — A northern Minnesota man was charged Wednesday with shooting a 17-year-old girl several times after authorities say she told him not to ride his lawn mower through her yard.

Chad Pickering, 40, of Bemidji appeared in Beltrami County court on a felony charge of attempted first-degree murder. Bail was set at $300,000.

Pickering shot the teen three times as she stood on the deck of her home Monday night, the criminal complaint said. The teen was shot in her chest, right thigh and left ankle. She was taken to a Duluth hospital.

Pickering is due back in court Monday. A phone message left for his public defender was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Records show Pickering is in custody in the Beltrami County Jail. A message left on the jail's voicemail for inmates was not immediately returned.

The teen told authorities she had gone outside to tie up her barking dog when she saw the shadow of someone crouching in the yard. She said she heard three gunshots and felt bullets striking her. The teen said she fell on the deck and had to pull herself into the house, because she could not walk, to call 911.

Investigators said they found three spent .45-caliber shells in the grass near the deck. Authorities also found an area about 75 to 100 feet south of the home where someone apparently had been lying in the grass beneath a pine tree.
Charges: Bemidji man shot 17-year-old girl after she told him not to ride mower in her yard | Star Tribune

Only 300 grand?

Sad story, hope she fully recovers, hope he gets a life sentence, but no you cannot have my guns or my gun rights.

These nutters are getting worse. Now we don't even have a right to our own property. Tell some nutter to leave and take his riding mower with him and you land in the hospital or worse.

BTW, he's an Iraq vet with ptsd, should never have had a gun.

Photo here -
https://www.facebook.com/Coalitiont...7886928572214/896302430397323/?type=1&theater

some of the comments -

Luke Wesley Cowie I am a veteran of 11 years who suffers terribly from PTSD. I don't own a gun. I don't ever want to touch one again.
Like · Reply · 1,439 · 10 hrs

95 Replies · 16 mins

David Kopf Train a young man to kill; put him in situations that erode his sanity; turn him loose in the general public back home; and then arm him. What did American society think would happen? He'd go around hugging everyone? This situation screams for better mental health care and stronger gun control.
Like · Reply · 677 · 10 hrs · Edited

25 Replies · 25 mins

Violet Triebenbach With his violent tendencies he should have been in a treatment center!
Like · Reply · 199 · 10 hrs

11 Replies · 3 hrs

Tom E Mullen I sat in a federal court a month ago where a veteran was charged with threatening and planning to assassinate the President as well as local Democrats who voted for Obama. He signed a confession to it all. There was a small armory of weapons found in his home. There were no less than three witnesses against him who were also veterans. This piece of shit was found not guilty based on him having PTSD. Hie ONLY defense was that he had PTSD and was not responsible for his actions. Since his release he has sent death threats to all three witnesses against him. I was one of the witnesses. I also have PTSD and I can assure you that not once have I even thought about killing someone because of my PTSD.
Like · Reply · 213 · 9 hrs

Coalition to Stop Gun Violence replied · 24 Replies · 32 mins

Debi Berre Minnesota, where this guy lives..is NOT an open carry state..that info is wrong

and

chadpickering.jpg

Alleged Bemidji shooter Chad Pickering posted pics of himself toting gun on Facebook | City Pages

Her Yard.

Maybe they will indict you fro criminal stupidity.

No one, including the crazy guy who shot the girl, is claiming self defense.

Her Yard.

Only 300 grand?

Because if you can't ride your lawn mower on other people's private property and shoot them if they bitch?

Are we truly free?

Her Yard.

Maybe they will indict you fro criminal stupidity.

No one, including the crazy guy who shot the girl, is claiming self defense.

What's "Fro" criminal stupidity?

And all you gun nuts are defending this nut's right to own, conceal and wear a gun in public.

What the fuck do you think background checks are for, exactly?

Her Yard.

Yep- Justification right there to do something about those pesky guns. The horror...

-Geaux

These nutters are getting worse. Now we don't even have a right to our own property. Tell some nutter to leave and take his riding mower with him and you land in the hospital or worse.

Photo here -
https://www.facebook.com/Coalitiont...7886928572214/896302430397323/?type=1&theater

some of the comments -

Luke Wesley Cowie I am a veteran of 11 years who suffers terribly from PTSD. I don't own a gun. I don't ever want to touch one again.

95 Replies · 16 mins

David Kopf Train a young man to kill; put him in situations that erode his sanity; turn him loose in the general public back home; and then arm him. What did American society think would happen? He'd go around hugging everyone? This situation screams for better mental health care and stronger gun control.

25 Replies · 25 mins

Violet Triebenbach With his violent tendencies he should have been in a treatment center!

11 Replies · 3 hrs

Tom E Mullen I sat in a federal court a month ago where a veteran was charged with threatening and planning to assassinate the President as well as local Democrats who voted for Obama. He signed a confession to it all. There was a small armory of weapons found in his home. There were no less than three witnesses against him who were also veterans. This piece of shit was found not guilty based on him having PTSD. Hie ONLY defense was that he had PTSD and was not responsible for his actions. Since his release he has sent death threats to all three witnesses against him. I was one of the witnesses. I also have PTSD and I can assure you that not once have I even thought about killing someone because of my PTSD.

Debi Berre Minnesota, where this guy lives..is NOT an open carry state..that info is wrong

and

Alleged Bemidji shooter Chad Pickering posted pics of himself toting gun on Facebook | City Pages

Not your call. Never was, never will be.

-Geaux

It's amazing how low the far left and far right will go to push their political agenda.

This is a story about an amazing young lady, who survived an attack, by a deranged individual.

Sometimes you can't fix crazy, no matter what the head shrinkers say.

My best wishes to the young lady, and my hope is that they would put the animal who shot her down like the dog he is.

It's amazing how low the far left and far right will go to push their political agenda.

This is a story about an amazing young lady, who survived an attack, by a deranged individual.

Sometimes you can't fix crazy, no matter what the head shrinkers say.

My best wishes to the young lady, and my hope is that they would put the animal who shot her down like the dog he is.

My thoughts are with the victim, the deranged guy would have used a knife, rock, or some other available method no doubt, had no firearm been available.

Photo here -

some of the comments -

95 Replies · 16 mins

25 Replies · 25 mins

11 Replies · 3 hrs

and

chadpickering.jpg

he is a correctional officer

Guns don't shoot innocent teenage girls, fucking idiots with guns shoot innocent teenage girls.

Forum List

Back