Chaos and Corruption

that's not what crony means. you do know that words have actual definitions, right?
What? Words mean things?

crony: a close friend or companion.

Large donations, no matter what stripe worn, buys friends-
Companion? That is arguable, but, BOTH sides use cronies, i.e. lobbyist, to write regulations to restrict competition- that acolytes of the Duopoly Party complain about the other guy shows just how illiterate voters are- educated? by the same "system" BOTH subscribe to.

calling a simple donor a "close companion" seems a bit of a stretch.

you show me a real association, one where they worked together for a while or at least had a long history of donations, and it might be getting a little bit of a grey area.

you show me a real association, one where they worked together for a while or at least had a long history of donations, and it might be getting a little bit of a grey area.
Maybe you'd like to read what I typed- pretty sure I stated "companion" is arguable, and I don't recall using the word "simple" either. Notice the very first thing I typed. I made it bold just now as well as the pertinent to this part of the discusssion.

Let's revisit with a direct copy and paste. Okay?

What? Words mean things?

Companion? That is arguable, but, BOTH sides use cronies, i.e. lobbyist, to write regulations to restrict competition- that acolytes of the Duopoly Party complain about the other guy shows just how illiterate voters are- educated? by the same "system" BOTH subscribe to.

Can you say "have to pass it before you can read it"? How about the Patriot Act? How soon after 9/11 was it inflicted on the US? How about the Income Tax act of 1913? The Federal Reserve Act of the same year? The way too many wars we are and have been involved in, foreign and domestic- and yes, they are pertinent to every discussion about corruption in the US Govt and it's cronies.

Trump is not a saint. Republicans are no better than Democrats- and vice versa. The District of Criminals inhabitants are corrupt to the core- ALL 537 of them as are their staffs and it wouldn't surprise me if the janitors were- throw in the Pentagon clowns, all the alphabet agencies and voila- chaos spear headed by corruption, fommented by, you guessed it, cronies. You think not? Have you ever watched them spout "my friend across the aisle"? How close are they? We're living the results.

Maybe you'd like to read what I typed- pretty sure I stated "companion" is arguable, and I don't recall using the word "simple" either. Notice the very first thing I typed. I made it bold just now as well as the pertinent to this part of the discusssion.

What? Words mean things?

Can you say "have to pass it before you can read it"? How about the Patriot Act? How soon after 9/11 was it inflicted on the US? How about the Income Tax act of 1913? The Federal Reserve Act of the same year? The way too many wars we are and have been involved in, foreign and domestic- and yes, they are pertinent to every discussion about corruption in the US Govt and it's cronies.

Trump is not a saint. Republicans are no better than Democrats- and vice versa. The District of Criminals inhabitants are corrupt to the core- ALL 537 of them as are their staffs and it wouldn't surprise me if the janitors were- throw in the Pentagon clowns, all the alphabet agencies and voila- chaos spear headed by corruption, fommented by, you guessed it, cronies. You think not? Have you ever watched them spout "my friend across the aisle"? How close are they? We're living the results.

i think it is misleading and confusing terminology.

i think "crony" and i'm think family, or long time friends or political allies, not just someone with a large checkbook.

i think "crony" and i'm think family, or long time friends or political allies, not just someone with a large checkbook.
You brought up the meaning- not me. That aside, like I said, words mean things, in spite of what you, or anyone else thinks. One would be better served using a dictionary prior to making erroneous comments. If not, there is no use for them we might as well go to hand signals and grunts.

You brought up the meaning- not me. That aside, like I said, words mean things, in spite of what you, or anyone else thinks. One would be better served using a dictionary prior to making erroneous comments. If not, there is no use for them we might as well go to hand signals and grunts.

i would like better economic and trade policy to encourage good economic growth and better jobs, and rising wages.

and fewer targeted government interventions like from the op.

No rational response or rebuttal has ever been posted in reply to my evaluation that dumb donald is mentally, emotionally and intellectually inept and unfit to be President of The United States, or to hold any elected office of trust.
It's immaterial is why. He is POTUS and your weak arguments afe not going to change that.

True ^^^. I don't expect anyone who still supports Donald Trump to not continue to support him. You can lead a fool to reality, but you can't make them think.

No rational response or rebuttal has ever been posted in reply to my evaluation that dumb donald is mentally, emotionally and intellectually inept and unfit to be President of The United States, or to hold any elected office of trust.
It's immaterial is why. He is POTUS and your weak arguments afe not going to change that.

True ^^^. I don't expect anyone who still supports Donald Trump to not continue to support him. You can lead a fool to reality, but you can't make them think.

said the man who presented politicians wanting more donations, as evidence of "chaos".

lol!!!

We have learned that the Dems create fake corruption issues like Russian Collution.
It is the Dems who have a huge corruption issue.
Lying and Stealing is a way of life for the Dems.

Really, Russia didn't impact the election of 2016? Ummm... what proof do you have, other than to echo Dumb Donald?

Are you still angry that the Russkis forced you to vote for President Trump?

Get over it and just be more careful next time.

Vote for who China wants.

What? Words mean things?

Crony Capitalism: an economic system characterized by close, mutually advantageous relationships between business leaders and government officials.

In short corrupt capitalism. Exploited by Trump&Co(?) for personal gain?

Last edited:
We get it- you don't like Trump, but, a thread the other day asked a poster what could have been done differently and I haven't seen that answered. No, I'm not a Trump fan- read my signature. My contention is, had a Democrat been in office there would be no hysteria. The hoax would barely be a blip on the radar. And yes, it is a hoax and it's only going to get worse no matter who's is in the white house. It's out and it ain't going to abate itself and you can bet Joe Biden is not going to make things any better. Oh, there might be less hype, but, the damage is done. And not a single soul in the District of Criminals gives a good goddamn about citizens, or immigrants for that matter, well being.

I don't like Trump? Don't I have that right? Why anyone likes, supports or even tolerates Dumb Donald is incredible. I've written ad nausea that Trump is emotionally and mentally unfit to be POTUS. No rational response or rebuttal has ever been posted in reply.

He has divided our nation's people with his lies and put 330+ million people at risk with his abject failure to come to grips with the Coronavirus. Metaphorically he has tossed gasoline on an already burning conflagration with his lies, false promises and incitement of biddable fools to ignore Medical Professionals.

I get it you "don't like" Democrats" or government employees in general. That's your right, but it negates your ability to think outside the box as to the current events of today.

The pandemic is an issue when emotions need to be put aside and the process of thought applied; thought seeking to consider the consequences of every policy and opinion in re this pandemic must be considered, in time, of future consequences. In my opinion water and fire breaks are a better solution than gasoline.
Go Trump, better than any dumb scum Dem.

View attachment 373079

Because your evaluation is irrational.

We get it- you don't like Trump, but, a thread the other day asked a poster what could have been done differently and I haven't seen that answered. No, I'm not a Trump fan- read my signature. My contention is, had a Democrat been in office there would be no hysteria. The hoax would barely be a blip on the radar. And yes, it is a hoax and it's only going to get worse no matter who's is in the white house. It's out and it ain't going to abate itself and you can bet Joe Biden is not going to make things any better. Oh, there might be less hype, but, the damage is done. And not a single soul in the District of Criminals gives a good goddamn about citizens, or immigrants for that matter, well being.

I don't like Trump? Don't I have that right? Why anyone likes, supports or even tolerates Dumb Donald is incredible. I've written ad nausea that Trump is emotionally and mentally unfit to be POTUS. No rational response or rebuttal has ever been posted in reply.

He has divided our nation's people with his lies and put 330+ million people at risk with his abject failure to come to grips with the Coronavirus. Metaphorically he has tossed gasoline on an already burning conflagration with his lies, false promises and incitement of biddable fools to ignore Medical Professionals.

I get it you "don't like" Democrats" or government employees in general. That's your right, but it negates your ability to think outside the box as to the current events of today.

The pandemic is an issue when emotions need to be put aside and the process of thought applied; thought seeking to consider the consequences of every policy and opinion in re this pandemic must be considered, in time, of future consequences. In my opinion water and fire breaks are a better solution than gasoline.
Go Trump, better than any dumb scum Dem.

View attachment 373079

Because your evaluation is irrational.

Would you like to see Trump's narcissistic rages? Tune out Fox News and watch the MSM. Then you will see who is rational, and who is a biddable fool.

WASHINGTON — At a virtual congressional hearing in May, Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., asked Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin for help. A struggling trucking company in his state was on the brink of collapse and needed government support.

Eager to assist, Mnuchin assured the senator that “we will look at that specific company and see what we can do and get back to you.”

That company, YRC Worldwide, had lost more than $100 million in 2019 and was being sued by the Justice Department over claims it defrauded the federal government for a seven-year period. But six weeks after the hearing, YRC received a bailout from the Treasury Department — a $700 million loan in exchange for a 30% stake in the business. The company’s stock price soared 74%, although it has come down since.

Well, the swamp is still there and has become more toxic than any White House of Political Party in our lifetime.

Yeah, because Trump exposed them for the corrupt scum they are. And you want to keep the corrupt scum there.

Which makes you either stupid, or scum.

I'll let you choose.

This is not a rebuttal, bozo, it's a logical fallacy, to wit: ad hominem. Grow up bozo, your act is old and insipid.

Ummm, look up the definition of ad hominem, dude.

Gee bozo, I'm very familiar with logic and logical fallacies. Your post [ "Which makes you either stupid, or scum" ] has no relevance to my lead in thread, "chaos and corruption". Two words which anyone who has watched Trump and his Administration with eyes and ears wide open are well aware of in their words and deeds. Calling someone out as stupid or scum is a classic example of a personal attack, aka that educated and knowledgeable people recognize as an ad hominem.

Calling you bozo is not such a fallacy, it is an apt description of your pollyanna sense of the Trump Administration. One which is inept, incompetent and anti democratic.

The only person exhibiting pollyannaish behavior is you.

You categorically ignore the most corrupt administration this country has ever seen, the obummer admin, because you are a stalinist like they are.

So, yes, YOU have demonstrated that you ARE indeed scum.

"Stalinist" Proof you are an ignoramus and a damn liar. As I stated, grow up and try (if you can) to post something substantive, thoughtful or thought provoking. Off course with your head in the sand, I know this won't happen.

View attachment 373042

You are a stalinist through and through. No government is too much government so long as they are from your side.

You want guns taken away from the law abiding. That is the first step for the stalinists.

Armed citizens are a threat to your power. Disarmed sheep are to be sheared.

Another damn lie: "You want guns taken away from the law abiding". I have written numerous times as to my opinion on gun control: I support the right of sober, sane and law abiding citizens to own, possess and have in their custody and control a firearm, within reasonable conditions, imposed by State Governments with the approval of the people. Such conditions might require a license, and / or the registration of firearms in the possession / ownership.

Your second damn lie is this: "No government is too much government so long as they are from your side."

I have written too often that donald trump is a megalomaniac, and his supporters believe every, or most everything he does by fiat is okay. Thus sending Federal Troops into Portland using force against protesters and detaining citizens without identifying themselves as peace officers, denying them a phone call and failing to provide a bail hearing within 48 judicial hours is the example of too much government. Something I oppose and you it seems support.

Yes, licensure leads to confiscation. It has ALWAYS done so.

You feel that guns should only be in the hands of those you approve of.

Just like the Party Apparatchiks in the USSR.

WASHINGTON — At a virtual congressional hearing in May, Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., asked Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin for help. A struggling trucking company in his state was on the brink of collapse and needed government support.

Eager to assist, Mnuchin assured the senator that “we will look at that specific company and see what we can do and get back to you.”

That company, YRC Worldwide, had lost more than $100 million in 2019 and was being sued by the Justice Department over claims it defrauded the federal government for a seven-year period. But six weeks after the hearing, YRC received a bailout from the Treasury Department — a $700 million loan in exchange for a 30% stake in the business. The company’s stock price soared 74%, although it has come down since.

Well, the swamp is still there and has become more toxic than any White House of Political Party in our lifetime.

Yeah, because Trump exposed them for the corrupt scum they are. And you want to keep the corrupt scum there.

I'll let you choose.

This is not a rebuttal, bozo, it's a logical fallacy, to wit: ad hominem. Grow up bozo, your act is old and insipid.

Gee bozo, I'm very familiar with logic and logical fallacies. Your post [ "Which makes you either stupid, or scum" ] has no relevance to my lead in thread, "chaos and corruption". Two words which anyone who has watched Trump and his Administration with eyes and ears wide open are well aware of in their words and deeds. Calling someone out as stupid or scum is a classic example of a personal attack, aka that educated and knowledgeable people recognize as an ad hominem.

Calling you bozo is not such a fallacy, it is an apt description of your pollyanna sense of the Trump Administration. One which is inept, incompetent and anti democratic.

You categorically ignore the most corrupt administration this country has ever seen, the obummer admin, because you are a stalinist like they are.

"Stalinist" Proof you are an ignoramus and a damn liar. As I stated, grow up and try (if you can) to post something substantive, thoughtful or thought provoking. Off course with your head in the sand, I know this won't happen.

View attachment 373042

You are a stalinist through and through. No government is too much government so long as they are from your side.

You want guns taken away from the law abiding. That is the first step for the stalinists.

Another damn lie: "You want guns taken away from the law abiding". I have written numerous times as to my opinion on gun control: I support the right of sober, sane and law abiding citizens to own, possess and have in their custody and control a firearm, within reasonable conditions, imposed by State Governments with the approval of the people. Such conditions might require a license, and / or the registration of firearms in the possession / ownership.

Your second damn lie is this: "No government is too much government so long as they are from your side."

I have written too often that donald trump is a megalomaniac, and his supporters believe every, or most everything he does by fiat is okay. Thus sending Federal Troops into Portland using force against protesters and detaining citizens without identifying themselves as peace officers, denying them a phone call and failing to provide a bail hearing within 48 judicial hours is the example of too much government. Something I oppose and you it seems support.

Do you believe "shall not infringe" is sacrosanct and wife beaters, sexual predators, violent criminals convicted of sexual battery, armed robbery or other infamous crimes, alcoholics with three DUI's, persons in a criminal gang and those detained civilly as a danger to themselves or others and non citizens should have 2nd Amendment Rights?

I'll let you choose.

View attachment 373042

LOL. When in the US has any jurisdiction required a license to own a firearm and then without Probable Cause take their firearms? Maybe you are not a biddable fool, maybe you are a paranoid schizophrenic.

I'll let you choose.

View attachment 373042

Do you believe "shall not infringe" is sacrosanct and wife beaters, sexual predators, violent criminals convicted of sexual battery, armed robbery or other infamous crimes, alcoholics with three DUI's, persons in a criminal gang and those detained civilly as a danger to themselves or others and non citizens should have 2nd Amendment Rights?

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through
the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose. See, e.g., Sheldon, in 5 Blume 346; Rawle 123; Pomeroy 152–153; Abbott 333.

For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or
state analogues. See, e.g., State v. Chandler, 5 La. Ann., at 489–490; Nunn v. State, 1 Ga., at 251; see generally 2 Kent *340, n. 2; The American Students’ Blackstone 84, n. 11 (G. Chase ed. 1884).

Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment, nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the
possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have
explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.” 307 U. S., at 179. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.” See 4 Blackstone 148–149 (1769); 3 B. Wilson, Works of the Honourable James Wilson 79 (1804); J. Dunlap, The New-York Justice 8 (1815); C. Humphreys, A Compendium of the Common Law in Force in Kentucky 482 (1822); 1 W. Russell, A Treatise on Crimes and Indictable Misdemeanors 271–272 (1831); H. Stephen, Summary of the Criminal Law 48 (1840); E. Lewis, An Abridgment of the Criminal Law of the United States 64 (1847); F.Wharton, A Treatise on the Criminal Law of the United States 726 (1852). See also State v. Langford, 10 N. C. 381, 383–384 (1824); O’Neill v. State, 16 Ala. 65, 67 (1849); English v. State, 35 Tex. 473, 476 (1871); State v. Lanier, 71 N. C. 288, 289 (1874).

Above quoted from Scalia's decision in Heller.

I'll let you choose.

View attachment 373042

I believe that bad people shouldn't be able to legally have guns. Your solution, however, imposes taxes, licensing requirements, and the ability for a government authority to deny someone a gun because they don't like them.

In other words, you want to impose on the Right to keep and bear arms for the common person. That is Stalinist. If you said that if a person commits a crime they shouldn't have a gun, I would agree with you.

But you take it much further than that. You take it all the way to where the government has absolute control over who can have a gun and that is contrary to the Constitution.

I'll let you choose.

View attachment 373042

LOL. When in the US has any jurisdiction required a license to own a firearm and then without Probable Cause take their firearms? Maybe you are not a biddable fool, maybe you are a paranoid schizophrenic.

New York, for one. Chicago, for another. Look up the Sullivan Law. But I am talking about government, and as we know government is corrupt. The laws that the Nazis used to disarm the populace were enacted by the Weimar Republic.

"Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through
the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever
and for whatever purpose.

"For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or state analogues. Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment, nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

"We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have
explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.” 307 U. S., at 179. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.”"

There is no such things as The Sullivan Act, and no record that Chitown or NYC ever imposed a law for every gun owner to be licensed.

I'll let you choose.

View attachment 373042

That would be in the summer of 2005. During the aftermath of Katrina.

The bush boy ordered all weapons in New Orleans confiscated so that only law enforcement had one.

I can't give you the name of any democratic president who has done such a thing.

In fact some weapon owners rightly took the government to court and of course the weapon owners won.

It's not democratic presidents who have taken people's weapons from them. As far as I can see, democrats won't take weapons from legal law abiding American citizens.

New Topics

Forum List

Back