CEO's Colluding to hold down workers wages

The companies had acknowledged that they agreed not to hire each other's staff in some cases, but disputed the allegation that they conspired to drive down wages.

In 2010, a Justice Department investigation concluded that several companies shared confidential salary information to prevent bidding wars and promised not to call each other's staff. After the companies settled the federal antitrust complaint, the four tech giants became the target of a civil lawsuit.

This is so obviously illegal collusion to keep down wages.

The CEOs ought to ALL go to prison/

The companies ought to pay and pay and pay and pay for this crime against LABOR.

Watch..there will be a small fine one that is far less than the damages they did to the labor force.

And who will get the money paid as FINES?

The government...not the workers, the government.

So basically these three companies will be paying off the government to get a pass on this CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY.

Last edited:
The companies had acknowledged that they agreed not to hire each other's staff in some cases, but disputed the allegation that they conspired to drive down wages.

In 2010, a Justice Department investigation concluded that several companies shared confidential salary information to prevent bidding wars and promised not to call each other's staff. After the companies settled the federal antitrust complaint, the four tech giants became the target of a civil lawsuit.

This is so obviously illegal collusion to keep down wages.

The CEOs ought to ALL go to prison/

The companies ought to pay and pay and pay and pay for this crime against LABOR.

Watch..there will be a small fine one that is far less than the damages they did to the labor force.

And who will get the money paid as FINES?

The government...not the workers, the government.

So basically these three companies will be paying off the government to get a pass on this CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY.

This one is 4 companies: Apple, Google, Adobe, and Intel. If these CEOs are doing this you know there are plenty of others doing the same. So much for the rights go get a job somewhere else argument.

So CEOs are getting paid gross amounts of money while holding down worker pay.

I would like this to go to court and after that have this discussion.
There have been so many law suits brought up for no other reason than deep pockets and ends up to be nothing more than a yarn.

They have already admitted wrong doing and agreed to settle.

They agreed to stop engaging in bidding wars in order to poach one another's employees. Not to drive down wages.

They agreed to stop engaging in bidding wars in order to poach one another's employees. Not to drive down wages.

That is driving down wages. That is how individuals benefit from capitalism. How many times does the right say if you don't like how much your making get a job somewhere else? Well this was keeping them from being able to do that.

That is driving down wages. That is how individuals benefit from capitalism. How many times does the right say if you don't like how much your making get a job somewhere else? Well this was keeping them from being able to do that.

You are confusing the kind of people getting poached with the line workers, the secretaries, the data entry clerks and the mail room guys. No one is poaching these workers. It's agreeing to not offer someone making a million dollars a year from being poached with an offer of a million five hundred thousand a year. Why are you upset with executives not being able to bid up their services? When you complain about executives making millions while the labor force makes pennies, this is what you are complaining about. This is just how key personnel salaries get that high. It's kind of ironic to see liberals knee jerk into whining about it.

You are confusing the kind of people getting poached with the line workers, the secretaries, the data entry clerks and the mail room guys. No one is poaching these workers. It's agreeing to not offer someone making a million dollars a year from being poached with an offer of a million five hundred thousand a year. Why are you upset with executives not being able to bid up their services? When you complain about executives making millions while the labor force makes pennies, this is what you are complaining about. This is just how key personnel salaries get that high. It's kind of ironic to see liberals knee jerk into whining about it.

Please share the article that says these are people making over a million dollars.

What I see is over 64,000 software engineers involved in this. You think they are all making over a million?

How much these people were making doesn't matter, this shows how low CEOs will go. Anyone pro capitalism should see how bad this is.

Of course they are, that's their job; to keep expenses down.

And with labor being just another expense (hence the term "Human Resources for the one tme "Personnel Department), the CEO must keep workers wages and compensation as low as possible by whatever means possible.

But we can comfort in knowing that it's nothing personal, just strictly business.

Most companies just don't report what software engineers make. That way they don't job hop.

Please share the article that says these are people making over a million dollars.

What I see is over 64,000 software engineers involved in this. You think they are all making over a million?

How much these people were making doesn't matter, this shows how low CEOs will go. Anyone pro capitalism should see how bad this is.

Why would you go out and poach a data entry person or a secretary? These are high income people, maybe not 7 figures, but more likely than not 6 figures. They are the 4%.

Most companies just don't report what software engineers make. That way they don't job hop.

How do you know they are not colluding? 7 companies caught that I know of so far.

Are you actually trying to defend the actions of these CEOs?

Why would you go out and poach a data entry person or a secretary? These are high income people, maybe not 7 figures, but more likely than not 6 figures. They are the 4%.

Why does it matter? It's over 64,000 people who were held down by collusion of CEOs.

Why does it matter? It's over 64,000 people who were held down by collusion of CEOs.

Actually probably by the entire board of directors, but the CEO boogie man is the only thing your addled mind can latch onto, so there you go.

I would have actually loved to have seen this go to trial. Anti trust involves issues with consumers being shafted, not employees. I have a feeling the lawsuit was only viable if the right progressive judge got it in their docket.

Actually probably by the entire board of directors, but the CEO boogie man is the only thing your addled mind can latch onto, so there you go.

I would have actually loved to have seen this go to trial. Anti trust involves issues with consumers being shafted, not employees. I have a feeling the lawsuit was only viable if the right progressive judge got it in their docket.

Emails from Jobs and Schmidt emerged in pre-trial hearings. In one example, Schmidt told Jobs that a Google recruiter would be fired after approaching an Apple employee. Jobs forwarded Schmidt's note to a top Apple human resources executive, with a smiley face.

Yes those innocent CEOs. I guess the benefits of capitalism are only for the rich in your eyes.

Emails from Jobs and Schmidt emerged in pre-trial hearings. In one example, Schmidt told Jobs that a Google recruiter would be fired after approaching an Apple employee. Jobs forwarded Schmidt's note to a top Apple human resources executive, with a smiley face.

Yes those innocent CEOs. I guess the benefits of capitalism are only for the rich in your eyes.

But how is this Anti-trust? Anti-trust regulations are there to protect CONSUMERS not employees. This could actually SAVE consumers money by holding down costs.

But how is this Anti-trust? Anti-trust regulations are there to protect CONSUMERS not employees. This could actually SAVE consumers money by holding down costs.

So they are colluding to hold wages down and you think that is good? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back