Censorship in the news: Neil Young demands Joe Rogan's removal from Spotify

Yup.

The iconic Boomer who wrote Ohio to protest the Kent State Massacre is now calling for the removal of dissenting political opinion.

Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over ‘False Information About Vaccines’

Does this mean the 60s are FINALLY over and we can proclaim this the Era of Eilish?

Do you think Big Tech should censor or remove opinions which vary from those of The State and/or The Majority?
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember, a southern man don't need him around, anyhow.

Haven't read the whole thread, I hope I'm not the 100th person to post that. Lol.

No, excersising his right of free speech would be to go on the platform and express his opposition. Instead he wants to gag someone who disagrees with him.
Yup.

A shameful stance, and shocking to me.

I thought he was better than this. :(

I wonder who Spotify will go with….the guy with massive ratings right now, or a washed up hippie who hasn’t been relevant for 85 years.
I understand that the letter's been removed (by Neil or at his behest), so maybe he thought better of this.

I REALLY hope so.

Pretty funny. Neil has been pretty liberal (with a momentary exception during the Reagan years that I'll never understand) his whole career and yet right wingers seem to love him.
A lot of people love/d him, including non-rightwingers like me.
Check out Greendale.

Anti-corporate and pro renewable...from 20 years ago
Yes.

Well, I hope Neil Young will remember, a southern man don't need him around, anyhow.

Haven't read the whole thread, I hope I'm not the 100th person to post that. Lol.
Only the second! :)

Their reply was MUCH better than Neil's original, and he is/was a VERY gifted songwriter.

He's a good songwriter and a mediocre singer, much like Bob Dylan.

True, but I really like Whiskey Boot Hill/Down Down Down/Country Girl from the Deja Vu album. I always thought it was mesmerizing in a good way, and wouldn't be as good with anyone else singing it.

Young was upset that Spotify was allowing FRogan to make unsupported claims regarding the Covid vaccines, and passing those claims off as fact, and so he decided to pull all of his own music from the platform until they put fact checking measures in place, and punish content creators who intention spread misinformation.

Young was upset that Spotify was allowing FRogan to make unsupported claims regarding the Covid vaccines, and passing those claims off as fact, and so he decided to pull all of his own music from the platform until they put fact checking measures in place, and punish content creators who intention spread misinformation.
How far should this go?

Should any claim which might be deemed false or misleading by anyone in any way at any time be removed at the behest of anyone?

Cause I see a LOT of white space in our future if so.

Yeah..he wants to take others right to free speech.
I guess he'll demand they pull Sweet Home Alabama next - false & misleading & potentially harrmful information that southern men don't want Neil around anyhow! :)

(Third time's the charm!)

So now Rogan spread misinformation by repeating what his doctor told him? And what about the actual professionals he has had on his show like the inventor of the mRNA shot? So truth from professionals is now misinformation? Wow.

I still love Neil young's music, but he needs to just enjoy his retirement and stop running his mouth.

Yes - and demanding the censorship of another doing the same thing.

Are you troubled by my exercise of free speech?

Do you think Big Tech should censor speech which varies from the aims/views of The State?
He didn't demand censorship...

He asked that Spotify as a commercial company should not look into their civic responsibility and stop making money from lies which are harming and killing US Citizens...

Does Spotify wanted to be remembered as a company that made money off the death of Americans?

I never liked Young or his music

if he wants to go away mad that's ok with me

just dont ban the good music such as:

You realize that Skynrd was anti-gun right? Mr. Saturday Night?

Forum List

Back