Censorship in the news: Neil Young demands Joe Rogan's removal from Spotify

Yup.

The iconic Boomer who wrote Ohio to protest the Kent State Massacre is now calling for the removal of dissenting political opinion.

Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over ‘False Information About Vaccines’

Does this mean the 60s are FINALLY over and we can proclaim this the Era of Eilish?

Do you think Big Tech should censor or remove opinions which vary from those of The State and/or The Majority?
The thread premise is a lie.

There is no ‘censorship’ – Rogan remains on the platform to propagate his lies, Young has his music removed per his request.

There is no ‘censorship’ – Rogan remains on the platform to propagate his lies, Young has his music removed per his request.
what lies?

i thought Young was made because Rogan had a doctor on that expressed his medical opinion that runs counter to the demafascist lines

Your Thread title is a lie.
No; your comment above is. :)
Young demanded that Spotify remove his music from their platform because of the platform's continued support of Rogan's lies.
Young demanded that Spotify censor Rogan in the most extreme fashion - by cancelling him.
Do you not support the rights of the artist to make these decisions?
Young can fuck a pig & call it Harvest Moon III for all I care, but calling for censorship is repulsive.
Or are you some kind of commie thinking you have the right to choose what a private artist does with his work?
See above.

Also, you're too stupid to vote. :)

No, but your comment above is. :)
There is no ‘censorship’
There has been none despite Young's fervent demands for this censorship via cancellation; Young ended up cancelling himself. :)
– Rogan remains on the platform
Ain't life grand?
to propagate his lies,
I'm following the science, and it's telling me you're too stupid to vote.

:)
Young has his music removed per his request.
Ain't life grand? :)

what lies?

i thought Young was made because Rogan had a doctor on that expressed his medical opinion that runs counter to the demafascist lines
Young tried to cancel Rogan, and got Streisanded.

Life, she is a beautiful! :)

This is how it’s supposed to work:

It’s not ‘censorship,’ it’s called competition; the people decide, through their subscriptions – or lack thereof.

Rogan and Spotify remain at liberty to spread misinformation and lies, artists who oppose the lies are at liberty to remove their music from the platform, and consumers are at liberty to subscribe or unsubscribe from the platform.

This is how it’s supposed to work:

It’s not ‘censorship,’ it’s called competition; the people decide, through their subscriptions – or lack thereof.

Rogan and Spotify remain at liberty to spread misinformation and lies, artists who oppose the lies are at liberty to remove their music from the platform, and consumers are at liberty to subscribe or unsubscribe from the platform.
what lies? i thought Young was upset they wouldn’t remove Rogan because rogan had a doctor on that expressed a medical opinion he disagreed with?

Young wanted that censored, they wouldn’t do it, he said he take his music, they said fine.

Nothing was censored. Young is free to take his music to another service that will limit their coverage to opinions that approves of.

No; your comment above is. :)

Young demanded that Spotify censor Rogan in the most extreme fashion - by cancelling him.

Young can fuck a pig & call it Harvest Moon III for all I care, but calling for censorship is repulsive.

See above.

Also, you're too stupid to vote. :)
Stand by your lie sonny. Young demanded the removal of YOUNG'S work from Spotify.
AND
You are, as we all know, a Tiny Minded Liar too stupid to know he's been called for what he is.

Forum List

Back