Celebrity-Darkman: Propaganda?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
In 1991 and 1992, the Duke men's NCAA basketball team won the national championship. Led by the great play of Christian Laettner and Bobby Hurley, the Duke 'Blue Devil's became modern-era 'legends' on the collegiate stage, becoming one of the few teams in history to win back-to-back national titles.

While Laettner and Hurley were the clear Blue Devils stand-outs, the team benefited greatly from the complementary play of outstanding supportive talents such as Grant Hill, Brian Davis, and Cherokee Parks.

After the 1992 season, the Blue Devils lost Laettner and Davis who both graduated. In the 1992-1993 season the Blue Devils were then spearheaded by Bobby Hurley who coordinated the surprisingly gifted play of Grant Hill, Cherokee Parks, and others and led the Blue Devils to a shocking continued #1 national ranking.

In this same time period (the 1993-1994 season), the Wake Forest men's NCAA basketball team saw two gifted stand-outs rise to prominence --- guard Randolph Childress and center Tim Duncan. The Childress-Duncan duo would become something that NBA recruiters would remember as a very fun 'sight to romanticize,' and it brought national attention to the Wake Forest 'Deamon Deacons' basketball team.

When sports-writers remember the incredible play of Duke senior guard Bobby Hurley in the 1992-1993 season (since Hurley had to carry-and-coordinate the team after Laettner graduated), they think also of the Wake Forest Childress-Duncan 'magic' in the 1993-1994 season and how it revealed the general splendor of team-play on the collegiate stage.

It is this spirit of team-play that makes Americans daydream about 'tandem greatness.'

How can we use such 'American optimism' to discuss new age confluence-politics matters such as 'race riots'?

====

The American movie star Tom Cruise, whose popular work in culturally-relevant films such as Born on the 4th of July, Minority Report, Rain Man, and Valkyrie, was looking for an ethnic-minority 'idealist' to help him on his pro-populism media crusade. Cruise was going on American talk-shows and asking citizens to post ideas on Facebook about the idealistic interaction between celebrities and role models and everyday citizens and artists to better forward democratic ideas regarding pluralism dialogue. Cruise was personally invested in the religious freedoms afforded to the Church of Scientology, a controversial group he marketed as a prominent 'celebrity member.'

Cruise finally came across an idealistic young Armenian-American named Ajay who posted various strange 'vigilantism-oriented' costumed photos on Facebook coupled with comic book stylized stick-figure drawings representing political critiques of populism vulnerabilities in America. Ajay's drawings of gender-incendiary 'superheroines' such as Squirrel Girl (Marvel Comics) and paganism-oriented 'super-villains' such as Hobgoblin (Marvel Comics) were meant to stir dialogue about America's intellectual acceptance of strange ideas. Ajay dressed up as a 'pseudo-vigilante' for his Facebook photos (to couple with his comic book drawings) in order to express the idea that America belonged to the people first.

Ajay and Cruise finally met in a private hotel room in Washington, D.C. to discuss their activities. Ajay explained to Cruise that he himself was a big fan of the Laettner-Hurley men's basketball duo at Duke University and the Duncan-Childress men's basketball duo at Wake Forest University and how these two duos revealed America's interest in the profitability of coordinated elegant teamwork. Cruise explained to Ajay that he wanted an American idealist like Ajay to help him market the notion that intellectual freedom in America is equivalent to coordinated division of labor between celebrities/leaders and citizens/artists. What resulted was a beautiful democratic friendship and a pro-populism 'duo team' which cemented in the minds of the people that the proverbial 'American Dream' is simply beneficial in the Age of Capital.

AJAY: I feel like we're characters from the Contra video game!
CRUISE: Calm down, Ajay; we're more like characters from the film Blue Chips.
AJAY: What do you want me to say about Scientology/Dianetics?
CRUISE: Post on Facebook ideas regarding the value of religious freedom in America!
AJAY: I'll say things like "Tom Cruise makes pro-democracy films such as Lions for Lambs."
CRUISE: We have to be wary of general populace cynicism.
AJAY: Oh, you mean, "Who cares if a movie star is working with a graffiti-artist?"
CRUISE: That's correct!
AJAY: What we need is a podium for Captain America (Marvel Comics)!
CRUISE: Defending 'populism-fervor' in America requires pure teamwork.
AJAY: I'll complement my comic book drawings with notes about your pro-democracy films!
CRUISE: Great. I'll say on talk shows, "I know this Facebook comic-artist who loves Eliot Ness!"
AJAY: We'll call ourselves the Celebrity-Darkman Duo.

====

Blue Chips (Film)

Contra (Video Game)

contra1.jpg

In 1991 and 1992, the Duke men's NCAA basketball team won the national championship. Led by the great play of Christian Laettner and Bobby Hurley, the Duke 'Blue Devil's became modern-era 'legends' on the collegiate stage, becoming one of the few teams in history to win back-to-back national titles.

While Laettner and Hurley were the clear Blue Devils stand-outs, the team benefited greatly from the complementary play of outstanding supportive talents such as Grant Hill, Brian Davis, and Cherokee Parks.

After the 1992 season, the Blue Devils lost Laettner and Davis who both graduated. In the 1992-1993 season the Blue Devils were then spearheaded by Bobby Hurley who coordinated the surprisingly gifted play of Grant Hill, Cherokee Parks, and others and led the Blue Devils to a shocking continued #1 national ranking.

In this same time period (the 1993-1994 season), the Wake Forest men's NCAA basketball team saw two gifted stand-outs rise to prominence --- guard Randolph Childress and center Tim Duncan. The Childress-Duncan duo would become something that NBA recruiters would remember as a very fun 'sight to romanticize,' and it brought national attention to the Wake Forest 'Deamon Deacons' basketball team.

When sports-writers remember the incredible play of Duke senior guard Bobby Hurley in the 1992-1993 season (since Hurley had to carry-and-coordinate the team after Laettner graduated), they think also of the Wake Forest Childress-Duncan 'magic' in the 1993-1994 season and how it revealed the general splendor of team-play on the collegiate stage.

It is this spirit of team-play that makes Americans daydream about 'tandem greatness.'

How can we use such 'American optimism' to discuss new age confluence-politics matters such as 'race riots'?

====

The American movie star Tom Cruise, whose popular work in culturally-relevant films such as Born on the 4th of July, Minority Report, Rain Man, and Valkyrie, was looking for an ethnic-minority 'idealist' to help him on his pro-populism media crusade. Cruise was going on American talk-shows and asking citizens to post ideas on Facebook about the idealistic interaction between celebrities and role models and everyday citizens and artists to better forward democratic ideas regarding pluralism dialogue. Cruise was personally invested in the religious freedoms afforded to the Church of Scientology, a controversial group he marketed as a prominent 'celebrity member.'

Cruise finally came across an idealistic young Armenian-American named Ajay who posted various strange 'vigilantism-oriented' costumed photos on Facebook coupled with comic book stylized stick-figure drawings representing political critiques of populism vulnerabilities in America. Ajay's drawings of gender-incendiary 'superheroines' such as Squirrel Girl (Marvel Comics) and paganism-oriented 'super-villains' such as Hobgoblin (Marvel Comics) were meant to stir dialogue about America's intellectual acceptance of strange ideas. Ajay dressed up as a 'pseudo-vigilante' for his Facebook photos (to couple with his comic book drawings) in order to express the idea that America belonged to the people first.

Ajay and Cruise finally met in a private hotel room in Washington, D.C. to discuss their activities. Ajay explained to Cruise that he himself was a big fan of the Laettner-Hurley men's basketball duo at Duke University and the Duncan-Childress men's basketball duo at Wake Forest University and how these two duos revealed America's interest in the profitability of coordinated elegant teamwork. Cruise explained to Ajay that he wanted an American idealist like Ajay to help him market the notion that intellectual freedom in America is equivalent to coordinated division of labor between celebrities/leaders and citizens/artists. What resulted was a beautiful democratic friendship and a pro-populism 'duo team' which cemented in the minds of the people that the proverbial 'American Dream' is simply beneficial in the Age of Capital.

AJAY: I feel like we're characters from the Contra video game!
CRUISE: Calm down, Ajay; we're more like characters from the film Blue Chips.
AJAY: What do you want me to say about Scientology/Dianetics?
CRUISE: Post on Facebook ideas regarding the value of religious freedom in America!
AJAY: I'll say things like "Tom Cruise makes pro-democracy films such as Lions for Lambs."
CRUISE: We have to be wary of general populace cynicism.
AJAY: Oh, you mean, "Who cares if a movie star is working with a graffiti-artist?"
CRUISE: That's correct!
AJAY: What we need is a podium for Captain America (Marvel Comics)!
CRUISE: Defending 'populism-fervor' in America requires pure teamwork.
AJAY: I'll complement my comic book drawings with notes about your pro-democracy films!
CRUISE: Great. I'll say on talk shows, "I know this Facebook comic-artist who loves Eliot Ness!"
AJAY: We'll call ourselves the Celebrity-Darkman Duo.

====

Blue Chips (Film)

Contra (Video Game)

View attachment 99783
Wait, what the hell did I just read?

Forum List

Back