CBO: "Most scholars" conclude that the Senate CAN try a former President

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
This has to be a mistake by the independent CBO, since several anonymous right-wing graduates of the prestigious law school USMB University told me that Trump cannot be convicted:

"The Constitution does not directly address whether Congress may impeach and try a former President for actions taken while in office," the six-page brief said. "Though the text is open to debate, it appears that most scholars who closely examined the question have concluded that Congress has authority to extend the impeachment process to officials who are no longer in office."
PolitiFact | Walker overreaches claiming Senate can’t convict Trump after departure

This has to be a mistake by the independent CBO, since several anonymous right-wing graduates of the prestigious law school USMB University told me that Trump cannot be convicted:

"The Constitution does not directly address whether Congress may impeach and try a former President for actions taken while in office," the six-page brief said. "Though the text is open to debate, it appears that most scholars who closely examined the question have concluded that Congress has authority to extend the impeachment process to officials who are no longer in office."
PolitiFact | Walker overreaches claiming Senate can’t convict Trump after departure
This is an abstraction. The Senate will not vote to convict.

This is an abstraction. The Senate will not vote to convict.
^^^this

President Barak Obama was a self-professed 'Constitutional Scholar', and yet he was found in violation of the Constitution numerous times, publicly declared he did not have the Constitutional authority to alter Immigration law...and then did so anyway, and was found to be in 'Contempt of Court' at least twice for disobeying Judges' (multiple) orders.

SO...someone saying 'most scholars' doesn't mean a damn thing.

The Constitution does not allow for a US citizen to be Impeached.

The Chief Justice of the USSC REFUSING to preside over the Impeachment (as required by the Constitution for a Constitutional Impeachment) speaks for itself. Roberts wants no part in this crap...yet he is too gutless to come out and make a decision / declaration about the Constitutionality. He is just letting the Democrats do whatever they want.

He did the same thing with the election / election fraud. He publicly acknowledged that the Democrats in Pa violated BOTH state and Federal Constitutions AND election laws / rules / processes by altering them in the Middle of an election, by-passing the Legislature, as required, to make the changes. He then stated the USSC would not hear this case and wanted no part of cleaning up the mess.

(I would love to know what someone has on him and who that someone is, as he has obviously been 'neutered'. Evidence provided has exposed the fact that Barry & his administration illegally spied on EVERYONE, from reporters to the media to US Senators and even to USSC Justices. The FISA court released a report w/evidence exposing the CIA & FBI have been committing FISA Court crimes and illegally spying on everyone for DECADES.)

1.jpg

I'm not certain on how the SC would rule, if a case ever made it there, on impeaching a president Or officer holder after they have vacated the seat.... I know it has been done before....

But in this case with Trump, he was impeached WHILE sitting in office, and not enough time for a trial before leaving office. The constitution says the Senate SHALL try those impeached....

That means the Senate, constitutionally, has to have a trial in the Senate....

LOL- well duh- it doesn't take a scholar to follow the money to see the agenda- it would take a scholarly effort to show all the dots and the connections though- but, they are there for the seeing-

What does the "CBO" say "scholars" say about Dimwinger temper tantrums, cuz that's all this is.

I'm not certain on how the SC would rule, if a case ever made it there, on impeaching a president Or officer holder after they have vacated the seat.... I know it has been done before....

But in this case with Trump, he was impeached WHILE sitting in office, and not enough time for a trial before leaving office. The constitution says the Senate SHALL try those impeached....

The object of an impeachment trial is to remove a sitting president. Trump is not the sitting president, and can't be removed. To hold a trial now to remove Trump makes no sense.
That said, I hope that they hold the trial and it takes 2-months, then Trump gets acquitted, and runs again in 2024.

"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments...When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside..."

I missed the part where it says, "If the Chief Justice is busy doing something more important, they can just give it to some old, fat political hack from Vermont."

I wonder what "most scholars" would say about that.

The Chief Justice wants no part of this Kangaroo Court. For good reasons.

The object of an impeachment trial is to remove a sitting president. Trump is not the president, and can't be removed. To hold a trial to remove Trump makes no sense.
That said, I hope that they hold the trial and it takes 2-months, then Trump gets acquitted, and runs again in 2024.
Thats is such a lame argument. The object is not to remove. A penalty is removal. Another penalty is also disqualification... the object of impeachment is to hold politicians accountable for their actions.

"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments...When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside..."

I missed the part where it says, "If the Chief Justice is busy doing something more important, they can just give it to some old, fat political hack from Vermont."

The democrats are turning America into a banana republic

Don't need a scholar to translate "when the President of the US is tried".
Who is President of the US? (hint: Joe Biden)
Who is the impeachment trial for? (hint: Trump)
See how simple that is?

The object of an impeachment trial is to remove a sitting president. Trump is not the president, and can't be removed. To hold a trial to remove Trump makes no sense.
Thats is such a lame argument. The object is not to remove. A penalty is removal. Another penalty is also disqualification... the object of impeachment is to hold politicians accountable for their actions.
The argument is not "lame" if you can't dispute it. Its then called a "winning argument".
Calling an argument "lame" is lame. Read the Constitution.

The democrats are turning America into a banana republic
I’m not a fan of all the policies but at least the Dems are governing. It’s the Yahoo’s yelling sham and fake election fraud claims that are making a mockery of our country.

Forum List

Back