CBO: Biden student loan forgiveness will cost $400 billion over 10 years

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
And for what? Bailing out morons for signing up for a loan to get a crappy degree that’s worthless to society.

“Phillip Swagel, the director of the CBO, estimated that the student loan plan announced by the Biden administration last month will cost about $400 billion but that the estimate was "highly uncertain."
The CBO also estimated that the administration's decision to extend the pause on loan repayment through the end of the year will cost the government $20 billion.”

Biden's loan forgiveness plan is classic Democrat dumbfuckery. It DOES NOT solve the student debt problem they will still be in debt. It is an unfair burden on the American taxpayer. And it DOES NOT address the continuing problem of out of control tuition rates for current and future students. Democrats are the enemy of America everything they do is wrong and hurts American taxpayers. Think about it.

Biden's loan forgiveness plan is classic Democrat dumbfuckery. It DOES NOT solve the student debt problem they will still be in debt. It is an unfair burden on the American taxpayer. And it DOES NOT address the continuing problem of out of control tuition rates for current and future students. Democrats are the enemy of America everything they do is wrong and hurts American taxpayers. Think about it.
Well said.

And for what? Bailing out morons for signing up for a loan to get a crappy degree that’s worthless to society.

“Phillip Swagel, the director of the CBO, estimated that the student loan plan announced by the Biden administration last month will cost about $400 billion but that the estimate was "highly uncertain."
The CBO also estimated that the administration's decision to extend the pause on loan repayment through the end of the year will cost the government $20 billion.”

Lawsuit was filed today by the Pacific Legal Foundation:

There will be many more to follow.

"Additionally, the pause on federal student loan repayments cost $20 billion from September to December 2022, the agency said." [CBO]

So, $420 billion, WTF it's only money.

Lawsuit was filed today by the Pacific Legal Foundation:
New lawsuit attempts to block Biden's student loan forgiveness plan

I've been waiting for this. I don't think the president has the authority to do this. Any president. Student loan forgiveness is supposed to be only on an individual basis, and I think the courts will strike this decision down as unconstitutional. Only Congress can do that.

"Additionally, the pause on federal student loan repayments cost $20 billion from September to December 2022, the agency said." [CBO]

I've been waiting for this. I don't think the president has the authority to do this. Any president. Student loan forgiveness is supposed to be only on an individual basis, and I think the courts will strike this decision down as unconstitutional. Only Congress can do that.
It’s no different than a President declaring any contract is void without Congress.

The fact is that the Trump tax cuts cost over a trillion a year. Yet you have no issues with that.

Your taxes will not go up 1 thin dime. Quite lying.

Who has standing to sue? Even Ted Cruz admits that it may not be possible.

Forum List

Back