Cat Keeps Sneezing

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
It's rather odd too since we currently don't have any other pets and we might have to wind up taking her to the vet. Poor baby. :(

It's rather odd too since we currently don't have any other pets and we might have to wind up taking her to the vet. Poor baby. :(

If I remember correctly from my misspent youth working in a veterinary clinic, felines have very delicate respiratory systems, and are quite susceptible to respiratory issues.

If I remember correctly from my misspent youth working in a veterinary clinic, felines have very delicate respiratory systems, and are quite susceptible to respiratory issues.

So then it might not be URI?

So then it might not be URI?

Could be a lot of things. Hell, could just be allergies, or something in your house has a smell that bothers her. They aren't dogs, but they definitely have a much keener sense of smell than humans.

I would definitely take her to the vet to find out for sure, because if it is a respiratory infection, it's no joke in a cat. Better to know.

Possibly an infection or allergies. One of mine seems particularly affected by air conditioning. If I set it at 70, she sneezes like mad. If I set it at 72, she does not. Some cats are just weird. My vet has one of her own she cannot keep URI's out of. She says everything else is fine but she can never get that infection completely gone for very long at all.

Possibly an infection or allergies. One of mine seems particularly affected by air conditioning. If I set it at 70, she sneezes like mad. If I set it at 72, she does not. Some cats are just weird. My vet has one of her own she cannot keep URI's out of. She says everything else is fine but she can never get that infection completely gone for very long at all.

My older cat sneezes a lot if I buy scented laundry detergent. I don't think she's allergic; I think she just doesn't like the smell.

When I was a kid, we had a cat who would refuse to use her litter pan if you bought her scented cat litter. She was very fastidious about using her pan otherwise, but if the litter was scented she would leave neat and very obvious little piles around the house in protest.

Sometimes cats can get asthma. Sneezing was the sign for us, vet gave her steroid shot, and the sneezing declined drastically.
Maybe you got a Covid cat who pick up the virus from a Covid rat.

I would definitely take her to the vet to find out for sure, because if it is a respiratory infection, it's no joke in a cat. Better to know.

We will make an appointment for her if it doesn't get better within a few days.

Indoor cat or outdoor cat?

Indoor.

The cat is allergic to you.

Lol I said exactly the same thing, but I don't think so... but that's cute. :)

HA! Its usually me sneezing BECAUSE of cats.
Payback :dev3:
JK. Hope its no big deal!

It's alright, that was a cute response too. :)

Maybe you got a Covid cat who pick up the virus from a Covid rat.

I sure hope not. :(

When was the last time you changed the air filter(s) on your home HVAC system?

Not sure. I'm not the person in my home who does that.

Sneezing is common among cats. We have two, it's usually not something to worry about. If it persists, I would definitely take her to the vet. But for now, just watch her, and TRY not to worry about her.

That's what we're doing, but it's rather difficult not to worry about her. She's like my little baby. :)

She's at least feeling okay though as she's eating and still being feisty at times too lol

Does she have a runny nose or runny eyes? Maybe scratching at her face or ears with her paws?

Not that I could see, but her ears have to be cleaned out rather frequently so when they haven't been cleaned in a while she scratches at her ears and shakes her head.

body_snatchers_ending.jpg

Not that I could see, but her ears have to be cleaned out rather frequently so when they haven't been cleaned in a while she scratches at her ears and shakes her head.

Yeah, but that's just normal kitty ear gunk.

It's encouraging if she's not showing any signs of illness other than sneezing a lot. A respiratory infection would almost certainly have her eyes and nose running like faucets.

Forum List

Back