cat food....

My son named our gray striped kitty Sparta, before he chose to go live with the neighbor...(the cat, not the kid).

The kitten attached to Charlies leg belonged to a tenant. The other tenants complained to me that a stray kitten kept coming in their slider doors to have a sleep over with their dogs. So I finally tracked down the owner and said keep the kitten inside because the others were complaining. She said she didnt like the kitten and I asked if I could have it. She said sure.
So....I got the bitchy cat she named ANGEL of all things. I changed it to Pretties...cuz she is when she wants to be. PrettyBitchy. lol

not hairballs...i know the difference in puke and hairballs....

he is not a hunter....so normally worms arent a problem....there is very little he can catch laying on a recliner in the sun....clark the puker is not to be confused with clark the mover...and no he does not lay about due to being sick...

i think its the food....cats need a lot of protein...etc..and water...chicken is the best food for them....aside of mice brains...you know....i wonder why there is a canned food that is simply mice brains or ground up mice?

Bones,

Can it be that Clark the Puker has a hairball problem (very common with cats)?

Unless you are certain that this is not the problem you should pick up a tube of Hairball Remedy from any pet supply store. (The most common brand is Hartz Mountain.)

Squeeze half an inch onto a fingertip every day. He will lick it off because they love it (malt taste) and it will effectively stop the puking.
They lick and chew their coat alot more when they have parasites, ticks and fleas, mites and the like. Greatly increases the likelihood of hairballs.

Yep, I was thinking along the same lines, there is likely something wrong with the cat & not the food. When I give a cat hairball remedy. I squeeze a half inch on his nose & let him lick it off himself.

Fancy Feast. She refuses everything else. And it HAS to be the pate' style. No chopped or minced in gravy. AND I have to smoosh it after I put it in the plate. She only eats a little bit so when it gets dry on top, she will come BITE me on the ankle then try to trip me as I head to the kitchen to smoosh it more into a pyramid so its soggy again from the center.

I am NOT a cat person. I never go looking for one. But I always have ONE. And it chooses ME. I am a slave.

Sounds like Persian. Those things are evil. I think breeding them for the squashed face compromised their BRAINS. I paid a lot of money for one once and she was the foulest animal I've ever seen.

Nope. She's just a bitchy cat, lol. When she was a kitten, she chose my dog. She THINKS shes a dog, actually. She jumped out of the bushes during one of our walks, played with Charlies feet, then latched on to him and wouldnt let go. He walked all the way home with her hanging on his leg. We were in mourning of losing out cat that was 23 years old due to bone cancer. I had him put down when the pain began. Charlie was dying too. He had cancer of the espophogus. When the cat went over rainbow bridge, charlie was alone. But then the kitten showed up. I think my old cat sent her...as a joke. Mean kitty. But she loves her doggy pals. This is her with karma, taking their daily nap.

hvniwk.jpg
funny-pictures-dog-says-that-cat-is-evil-when-you-are-not-watching.jpg

Scary the dog and cat are somewhat similar.

Bones,

Can it be that Clark the Puker has a hairball problem (very common with cats)?

Unless you are certain that this is not the problem you should pick up a tube of Hairball Remedy from any pet supply store. (The most common brand is Hartz Mountain.)

Squeeze half an inch onto a fingertip every day. He will lick it off because they love it (malt taste) and it will effectively stop the puking.
They lick and chew their coat alot more when they have parasites, ticks and fleas, mites and the like. Greatly increases the likelihood of hairballs.

Yep, I was thinking along the same lines, there is likely something wrong with the cat & not the food. When I give a cat hairball remedy. I squeeze a half inch on his nose & let him lick it off himself.
Another important thing is WATER. Cats will drink alot more of it than we generally think, if it's available. Mine have two gigantic bowls I keep filled and I clean and refill every two days. It's amazing how much they drink.

But of course, how all our cats think of us...

Attachments

• $ATT733244.jpg
    $ATT733244.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 65
if clark were cast in "of mice and men' he would be lenny

but he is my familiar so he gets away with it....i am just gonna do what it takes to stop him from being clark the puker

My cats get 5 different crunchy foods, all lined up in a planter tray, like a buffet. They graze on these whenever they want, every three days I refill them.

They have "Snack bars" where a bowl is flush-mounted on either end of the bar, I keep "treat" type crunchies in these and refill as needed.

Wal-Mart tuna in the pouch, they get this twice a day as their "meal." Sometimes for a switch they get "wet" canned nummies, super supper or liver and bacon. Cats like variety and they are do better as grazers, not wolfers like dogs.

It's 8 cats, I feed them for around $50 a month. Very seldom ever have any Wyatt issues. (Wyatt Earp. Get it? Earp?)

I use sWheat brand cat litter, it's wheat based. Never a odor one comes from it. No stinkies at all in my house. Ever. It's sWheat.

I put diatomatious earth in their litter, in their bedding, anywhere they lounge. Keeps all bugs off of them. Never any ticks or fleas, with NO pesticides.

You should be careful with tuna for the cats. A little bit is fine, but there is a lot of mercury in it, and that is bad for them.

well *knock on wood*....clark the puker has not puked for days now....i am feeding him his old food...purina naturals (green bag) mixed with the blue....i read that the blue is too rich and all...so i will keep mixing the foods....(trying to avoid the poor house here)

Something else to keep in mind. Cats often have sensitive systems for changes in food. doing that also can cause some issues with puking and diarrhea.

clark had been on his food for years...he just started puking....the vet didnt want us to change foods...she said the food we were feeding was good...clark continued to puke...after all the tests etc...so he got tagged with a nervous tummie...so i watched his food...put it on a plate....feed a little food at a time....many times a day...still puked...hell cat puke is nothing when you have a 100 lb dobie....but it was hard on him....watching him hack up all his food...he looked sad....

lets just hope this combo of foods works

well in all truth he has been puking for about a year...the vets opine....i swear....
'he's a puker' what the hell? i hate to puke...and i am hoping he will look better...he is a good looking cat...

017-2.jpg

027-3.jpg

Forum List

Back