cat died

ninja007

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Living rent free in libs heads
hi guys, could really use some prayers. One of my favorite cats got hit and killed by a car earlier tonight- i found her lying on side of road after work when i went to feed her and her daughter who are always together. Didnt see the daughter- shes prob scared and upset somewhere nearby. i have her in my trunk, too cold to bury her atm. im devastated. Kevin.

Get a shovel and dig a two feet deep hole in your back yard and out of the way but beneath your favorite tree. Have your daughter build a cross, bury the cat after having a private and close family religious service. Bury the cat and let your daughter plant the cross that she made.

hi guys, could really use some prayers. One of my favorite cats got hit and killed by a car earlier tonight- i found her lying on side of road after work when i went to feed her and her daughter who are always together. Didnt see the daughter- shes prob scared and upset somewhere nearby. i have her in my trunk, too cold to bury her atm. im devastated. Kevin.

I'm truly sorry to hear of your loss. We have cats too and they are members of our family too. I hope you find the daughter soon...

Does the other cat know the way home? If so..she will return once she realizes her mother is no longer physically there. But she may not be far, so take a bit of time to just sit and call her softly. Might take awhile, but she won't stray far from where her mama was hit even though you probably already took her and buried her. The scent will still be there, like DF said.

106453_1105553710.jpg

Mine have always been indoor babies.

But I've lived on several farms since I moved west and the barn cats I've known are fiercely loyal to each other. When one dies in the field or the yard they will set up a vigil and mourn. I would keep visiting the death scene as DF recommends to find her baby. The little one should be close.

Thankfully I haven't lost any fur babies lately and I hope it stays that way for a bit. Just healed after a few passed away a couple of years back.

Pyewacket made it to 21 and it just about killed me when he left us. Old orange and white. I'm glad for the breather. Prayers for your loss.

well, i went back to her feeding station/shelter and daughter was there, i fed her she ate.... half my friends say show her moms body for closure so she knows shes dead, others say don't. Opinions?

Our vet told us to, when we had to put down one of our dogs.

So sorry for your loss.
well, i went back to her feeding station/shelter and daughter was there, i fed her she ate.... half my friends say show her moms body for closure so she knows shes dead, others say don't. Opinions?

My dogs and my cat grieved when Gracie died. They didn't get to sniff her body. So when I got her ashes back, I let them sniff. While waiting for the ashes, they looked and looked for Gracie. It was awful. When I got the ashes home and they got to sniff them...they knew. They stopped looking. They still grieved, but they were not running around looking for her.

I have left instructions in my living will that when I pass...if my fur kids are still alive, they are to sniff me before I am cremated. Same with my husband. They have to smell, to know.

my only concern, besides being very sad and tough is what if her daughter already saw her dead lying on the road for hours? I'm not sure she did but if she did shes already started grieving and this would be a setback..... imho.... ?

shes never been alone this is gonna suck, shes feral... not mean just very skittish and i cannot pet her. my friend is trying to get her an emerg foster home soon..... after i get pics and we put her up on her FB.

Forum List

Back