Caroll Spinney, legendary puppeteer behind beloved Sesame Street's Big Bird & Oscar the Grouch, dies

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Henson group were true magicians.

depotoo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Personally, I never really cared for Sesame Street, but many did. My kids loved cookie monster and elmo.

Rip.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear...he was a part of so many children’s lives

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sesame Street’s Follow That Bird was the first ever film that I saw in the movie theater. I was three when it was released in 1985. I already had a VHS copy of it, but I just now purchased a DVD copy of it as well as a DVD copy of The Muppet Movie which also includes an appearance from Big Bird.

God bless you and Caroll’s circle of friends and family always!!!

Holly

P.S. By the way, Follow That Bird has some good tunes in it including an awesome duet between Big Bird and late great country music legend Waylon Jennings. In other words, another great singer laid down his microphone today, may God rest his soul as me and the rest of his fans make sure that his voice is still here with us. (bowing my head for him)

OP
basquebromance

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Reaction score
"After Caroll Spinney died on Sunday, fans created a memorial for the puppeteer behind Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch atop Big Bird's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame."

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List