Caroll Spinney, legendary puppeteer behind beloved Sesame Street's Big Bird & Oscar the Grouch, dies

Personally, I never really cared for Sesame Street, but many did. My kids loved cookie monster and elmo.

Rip.

Sad to hear...he was a part of so many children’s lives

Sesame Street’s Follow That Bird was the first ever film that I saw in the movie theater. I was three when it was released in 1985. I already had a VHS copy of it, but I just now purchased a DVD copy of it as well as a DVD copy of The Muppet Movie which also includes an appearance from Big Bird.

God bless you and Caroll’s circle of friends and family always!!!

Holly

P.S. By the way, Follow That Bird has some good tunes in it including an awesome duet between Big Bird and late great country music legend Waylon Jennings. In other words, another great singer laid down his microphone today, may God rest his soul as me and the rest of his fans make sure that his voice is still here with us. (bowing my head for him)

• Banned
"After Caroll Spinney died on Sunday, fans created a memorial for the puppeteer behind Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch atop Big Bird's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame."

Forum List

Back