Caroline Kennedy as Ambassador to Japan

I am afraid she is a moron...when they trotted her out as a NY Senatorial candidate she was forced to open her mouth.

It was not pretty and she subsequently pulled out of the election.

I'm sorry...but she's a very smart person. You apparently have some envy issues.

LOL...um...ya know....I um....ya know....that uhhhh....ya know....that .....um...being a Senator is um....ya know ....um hard work.

She is a hood ornament.

Come to think of it she speaks a lot like our creepy assed cracka President when he doesn't have his teleprompter.

I am afraid she is a moron...when they trotted her out as a NY Senatorial candidate she was forced to open her mouth.

It was not pretty and she subsequently pulled out of the election.

I'm sorry...but she's a very smart person. You apparently have some envy issues.

What are her accomplishments that demonstrate high intelligence?

Caroline Kennedy has a law degree, she received a Juris Doctor from Columbia Law School, graduating in the top ten percent of her class.

Ambassador posts have traditionally gone to select individuals as political payback. Especially in countries like Japan or in Europe where there is little to be done. All Kennedy has to do is appear at a few official functions. For anything that does come up, like lost passports, or an injured American, a capable staff handles those things without the personal involvement of the Ambassador. Caroline Kennedy has been raised as a refined lady specifically schooled in social graces. She will do fine. It's not like Japan is Libya and she will be required to do something.

The US Ambassador to Japan has plenty "to do." There are many crucial issues that this unqualified woman will be - at least nominally - responsible for managing to one degree or another. This is a very important post that should have been filled more responsibly.

Yup.

Look at the ambassador to Korea, he was born in Korea and moved to the US in 1973. His quals:

He then worked as Staff Assistant in the Bureau of East Asia and Pacific Affairs in Washington, D.C.. Kim was then assigned to United States Embassy in Seoul and worked as the Chief of Political Military Affairs. He then served as a Political Officer in Tokyo, Japan. His other assignments were to Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. Back in Washington, he was appointed Director of the Office of Korean Affairs and served in the position from August 2006 to July 2008. On July 31, 2008 he was appointed Special Envoy for the Six-Party talks and accorded the rank of an ambassador after confirmation of nomination by the U.S. Senate.

That looks like someone qualified for the job.

Forum List

Back