Carolina Reaper

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Anyone tried one?
I regularly eat Scotch Bonnets and Habaneros and while they're hot they aren't to bad.
Picked up six of em just to give em a go and see just how hot they really are.
The Reaper is about 2.2 million Scoville units vs the Bonnet at around 250k units.
Should be interesting and i'll report back later this evening on the results.

Allllll righty then.....While it was by far the hottest pepper I've ever eaten it wasnt as bad as expected.
Snot and tears flowed freely but it fades far faster than a hot jalapeno.
The heat ends in about five minutes which mirrors the Scotch Bonnet.
Would I eat another? On a bet I would but I see it as more useful to heat a pot of chili or Jerk Sauce.

I used to go about once a week to a Thai place that put half a Scorpion pepper in one of their dishes. They closed a couple years ago. The dish was delicious and my tolerance for spicy food shot through the roof because of it. I'm still trying to recreate the dish to this day.

I used to go about once a week to a Thai place that put half a Scorpion pepper in one of their dishes. They closed a couple years ago. The dish was delicious and my tolerance for spicy food shot through the roof because of it. I'm still trying to recreate the dish to this day.

No doubt hot chiles take a little getting used to but once they do they become enjoyable.
The scorpion while hot isn't quite as hot as the Reaper but you nailed the essence of spicy dishes.
The endorphins really start to flow but if you aren't used to them they aren't pleasant in the least.
Funny thing is? I'm thinking of eating another.....

No doubt hot chiles take a little getting used to but once they do they become enjoyable.
The scorpion while hot isn't quite as hot as the Reaper but you nailed the essence of spicy dishes.
The endorphins really start to flow but if you aren't used to them they aren't pleasant in the least.
I hear from so many people who say it's so spicy it doesn't even have flavor anymore, so why do you eat it? But that's not true. Habanero peppers, ghost peppers, and their variants are the best tasting spicy peppers IMO. Even sauces that dumb their spiciness level down are the best hot sauces.

I hear from so many people who say it's so spicy it doesn't even have flavor anymore, so why do you eat it? But that's not true. Habanero peppers, ghost peppers, and their variants are the best tasting spicy peppers IMO. Even sauces that dumb their spiciness level down are the best hot sauces.

This is the first time I can truly say I got a huge endorphin rush from a pepper.
I really dont think I've experienced a heat level up until this point that really set it off.
I'm still giddy from it.

I've always loved spicy food. Jerk chicken spiced with Scotch Bonnet being my favorite.
We fine tuned our Jerk from a recipe we got from Three Dives in Negril,we plied the cook and the cook staff with beer and fine weed to get his recipe and he eventually gave it up with the understanding we'd never publish it.

I would have paid him far more .....

Once you get past the heat hot peppers have an almost fruity taste which goes with sauces perfectly.

Once you get past the heat hot peppers have an almost fruity taste which goes with sauces perfectly.

Hope it goes well with the snots and salty tears. :D

No thank you. Lol. :ack-1: I like spicy food and mildly hot but I will pass on the super hots! I don't see that as being an enjoyable eating experience.

All it takes is a familiarity with hot peppers.
I've been eating highly spiced Mexican food and Jamaican food for most of my life.
It's great for the heart and I just realized what I've never noticed....it'll give you a buzz when it's really hot.
I figure I just never noticed although it's given me a buzz every time although I wasnt aware of it.

Hope it goes well with the snots and salty tears. :D

Oh it went outstandingly!! In fact i'm thinking of eating another.
It's like doing an upper!!!

No thank you. Lol. :ack-1: I like spicy food and mildly hot but I will pass on the super hots! I don't see that as being an enjoyable eating experience.

I've been eating highly spiced Mexican food and Jamaican food for most of my life.
It's great for the heart and I just realized what I've never noticed....it'll give you a buzz when it's really hot.
I figure I just never noticed although it's given me a buzz every time although I wasnt aware of it.

Maybe it's so hot that it burns the brain? :lol:

Until you give it a try I wouldnt knock it.

I've tried hot things before. :) I tried this really good hot sauce that was homemade. It was delicious but WAY too hot for me. Lol. I would have really liked it a lot had it been more mild.

I've tried hot things before. :) I tried this really good hot sauce that was homemade. It was delicious but WAY too hot for me. Lol. I would have really liked it a lot had it been more mild.

Aaaaah...you have to get beyond your tolerance to realize the benefits.
Eating a Carolina Reaper was my first attempt to get past my tolerance,other than when I ate my first Scotch Bonnet.
Which while hot didnt push me past the threshold.
I have to say it was enlightening.

Aaaaah...you have to get beyond your tolerance to realize the benefits.
Eating a Carolina Reaper was my first attempt to get past my tolerance,other than when I ate my first Scotch Bonnet.
Which while hot didnt push me past the threshold.
I have to say it was enlightening.

I made wings once and marinated them overnight in this Chinese garlic sauce. OMG. They were so hot that I could barely even eat them. They burned my lips too! It was a challenge eating those. I didn't realize that sauce was soooo hot. Now, I taste them first.

Golden rule in spice world; everything that goes in, will come out...

When I worked at the prison, I would occasionally stop by a wing joint on my way to work and pick some up for lunch. One night I bought some donkey wings, and some of their Super Killer wings. We had a guy at work that was kind of annoying, but he was basically an alright. Well I offered to give him a couple wings... but I didn't tell him they were the Super Hot ones. He bit into it and went crazy... it was pretty funny. He said I was trying to kill him. :badgrin:

Personally I love BW3's Caribbean Jerk wings.

Forum List

Back