Carlos Santana collapses on stage

Hoping the best for Mr. Smooth...

Update is he was taken to emergency dept and was treated for heat exhaustion and dehydration. Very familiar with that pavilion and though we have fairly cool MI summer nights here, sometimes it can be humid and with the people and the lights, heat can be trapped like an indoor theater, but without A/C.

Last edited:
I know the hat is iconic but pretty warm to be wearing all those clothes with no breeze coming in
Yeah, I been to Pine Knob for two events, it sure can get deceptively hot, with the crowds packed into the pavilion.

The high down there was 90 today, but it is supposed to dip down to 72, with a breeze blowing to the stage, coming out of the west, at 12mph. Not sure how much gets to the stage past all the trees and crowd though. . .

Yeah, I been to Pine Knob for two events, it sure can get deceptively hot, with the crowds packed into the pavilion.

The high down there was 90 today, but it is supposed to dip down to 72, with a breeze blowing to the stage, coming out of the west, at 12mph. Not sure how much gets to the stage past all the trees and crowd though. . .

When I think Pine Knob, I almost always think freezing...ha. Not because we ski, but because when in doubt in Michigan, assume it's going to be cooler than they said it would be. Maybe the only exceptions to that are July, August, September. Maybe beginning of October.

Best month for the False Michigan Promises: April. Oh, the weather man said 60 degrees? Nah. Wear your winter coat.

When I think Pine Knob, I almost always think freezing...ha. Not because we ski, but because when in doubt in Michigan, assume it's going to be cooler than they said it would be. Maybe the only exceptions to that are July, August, September. Maybe beginning of October.

Best month for the False Michigan Promises: April. Oh, the weather man said 60 degrees? Nah. Wear your winter coat.
Definitely.

I had seats once, down under the pavilion, it got so hot, I ended up going for a walk between sets, and then sitting up in the cool breeze on the lawn with some friends.
I think part of it was the weather, and part of it might just be how that theater is situated next to that slope and down in that "bowl."

Like any of the states next to the Great Lakes, you don't like the weather, wait six hours. It'll change.

. . . or if you are bored as a TEE VEE weather forecaster in any market in the nation, move and get a job in Detroit, Chicago, Toledo, Cleveland, Green Bay, etc. or any Michigan town.

Hoping for his recovery. He is getting up there in age. It may be time to slow down.
How many shows does he do a year? Maybe the better question is what kind of venues do the shows take place in? Maybe it is time to make sure that every show is indoors where a good air conditioning system is.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

I hope he gets better! I love guitars, but I always thought his style of playing sucked balls. Extremely overrated guitar player.

Forum List

Back