Carl Sagan in 1985, addressing the UN on anthropogenic climate change

Some more material on climate change from Sagan, from 1980:

Just make your point. Hint: I am not the thread topic.

It might help in the future if you quoted the whole post.

Do you agree or disagree?

So looking at the absorption spectra for greenhouse gases, do you agree that relative to water vapor, CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas?

image7.gif

It might help in the future if you quoted the whole post.

So looking at the absorption spectra for greenhouse gases, do you agree that relative to water vapor, CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas?

View attachment 568693
Ah, you must be looking for a climatologist.

Here is one:

Her email: [email protected]

Ah, you must be looking for a climatologist.

Here is one:

Her email: [email protected]
Actually, no. I am addressing your question in post #14.

But for some odd reason you aren't even willing to acknowledge that relative to water vapor, CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas even though the data is staring you in the face.

Do you not understand what this graphic is showing? Do you need for me to explain it to you?

image7.gif

Then do so. State your point. I am not your assistant, sorry.
If I recall, I stated in post #37 that I believe that relative to water vapor CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas. So I am not asking you to be my assistant. I am asking you if you agree with my statement that relative to water vapor CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas. Well... do you?

It really shouldn't be this tough to have a conversation.

If I recall, I stated in post #37 that I believe that relative to water vapor CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas. So I am not asking you to be my assistant. I am asking you if you agree with my statement that relative to water vapor CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas. Well... do you?

It really shouldn't be this tough to have a conversation.
Nor does it matter whether or not I agree with you. Your point should still be the same. So go ahead and make it. Or keep wasting your time. Your call.

Nor does it matter whether or not I agree with you. Your point should still be the same. So go ahead and make it. Or keep wasting your time. Your call.
Of course it matters if you disagree or agree. It how differences are reconciled. You need to think how this looks. You are unwilling to agree that water vapor is the dominant greenhouse gas when it's not even a matter of debate. Relative to water vapor CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas.

Do you seriously want to argue otherwise?

f course it matters if you disagree or agree. It how differences are reconciled.
Oh,then you must have a difference with climatogists. So use the email I provided, for starters. Thanks.

Or go ahead and make your point. Your call.

Oh,then you must have a difference with climatogists. So use the email I provided, for starters. Thanks.

Or go ahead and make your point. Your call.
Ok, then I'll just have to assume that you believe that relative to water vapor CO2 is a dominant greenhouse gas and quote you on it.

Prior to the industrial revolution, CO2 lagged temperature by ~800 years. That's a statement I believe by the way in case you missed it.

Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

Ok, then I'll just have to assume that you believe that relative to water vapor CO2 is a dominant greenhouse gas and quote you on it.
Of course, quoting would be a shameless lie on your part. Not good for your credibility. But yes, feel free to assume an answer either way, and proceed to make your point, before we all fall into a deep sleep.

Of course, quoting would be a shameless lie on your part. Not good for your credibility. But yes, feel free to assume an answer either way, and proceed to make your point, before we all fall into a deep sleep.
I've moved on to another scientific fact that you won't acknowledge. The good news is you aren't denying that relative to water vapor CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas. Which is a win for me as I continue to lay the foundation for answering the question you asked in post #14.

Show a mechanism by which the greenhouse effect does act to not warm the earth.

So... I believe and the whole scientific world believes that prior to the industrial revolution, CO2 lagged temperature by ~800 years.

I've moved on to another scientific fact that you won't acknowledge. The good news is you aren't denying that relative to water vapor CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas. Which is a win for me as I continue to lay the foundation for answering the question you asked in post #14.

So... I believe and the whole scientific world believes that prior to the industrial revolution, CO2 lagged temperature by ~800 years.

Just make your point. All in one post, preferably. If not, gotta put ya on iggy and carry on with the thread.

Show a mechanism by which the greenhouse effect does act to not warm the earth. I
This is not a question. It's a challenge to anyone trying to upend current AGW theory.
ding : I need to make a syntax correction to this. Should read:

"Show a mechanism by which the greenhouse effect does not act to warm the Earth. "

Just make your point. All in one post, preferably. If not, gotta put ya on iggy and carry on with the thread.
The point is that prior to the industrial revolution CO2 served as a proxy for temperature and lagged temperature by approximately 800 years. Hence CO2 has never been shown to drive the climate of the earth throughout the geologic record.

Do you disagree?

This is not a question. It's a challenge to anyone trying to upend current AGW theory.
ding : I need to make a syntax correction to this. Should read:

"Show a mechanism by which the greenhouse effect does not act to warm the Earth. "
You asked someone to show you something. That's a request; a question so to speak. I'm answering it for you. So far you have not disagreed with anything I have stated. I'm batting a thousand.

The point is that prior to the industrial revolution CO2 served as a proxy for temperature and lagged temperature by approximately 800 years. Hence CO2 has never been shown to drive the climate of the earth throughout the geologic record.
"Hence CO2 has never been shown to drive the climate of the earth throughout the geologic record"

Oops, wrong.

See? You could have just fallen on your face 2 pages ago instead of dragging it out.

Forum List

Back