Captain Marvel beats the trolls; $455 million worldwide opening

BlackFlag

Gold Member
Apr 22, 2014
America
The superhero pic scored the biggest worldwide opening of all time for a female-fronted film, as well as the second-largest for a comic book adaptation.

Interestingly, 55 percent to 58 percent of ticket buyers were male (that compares with 52 percent on Wonder Woman's opening weekend). The audience was also diverse (48 percent Caucasian, 20 percent Hispanic, 17 percent African-American and 15 percent Asian/Other).

Imax theaters contributed $36.1 million, a record for a non-sequel.

The film's performance was welcome news for the domestic box office, which endured a dismal January and February. Revenue for the weekend was up more than 50 percent over the same frame last year.

Box Office: 'Captain Marvel' Flies to Historic $153M in U.S., $455M Globally

All the conservative trolls that are so resentful of women failed again :dunno:

2aguy, flacaltenn

The superhero pic scored the biggest worldwide opening of all time for a female-fronted film, as well as the second-largest for a comic book adaptation.

Interestingly, 55 percent to 58 percent of ticket buyers were male (that compares with 52 percent on Wonder Woman's opening weekend). The audience was also diverse (48 percent Caucasian, 20 percent Hispanic, 17 percent African-American and 15 percent Asian/Other).

The film's performance was welcome news for the domestic box office, which endured a dismal January and February. Revenue for the weekend was up more than 50 percent over the same frame last year.

2aguy, flacaltenn

It's been 11 years since I went to a movie theater. Hollyweird is a hotbed of pedophile commies. I kicked my TV to the curb over seven years ago and don't miss it in the slightest.

2aguy, flacaltenn

I think the high-grossing film of all time with a female lead might be 'Gone With the Wind"

scarlett.jpg

• Banned

2aguy, flacaltenn

I think the high-grossing film of all time with a female lead might be 'Gone With the Wind"

scarlett.jpg
This was about the opening day. Gone with the Wind might take it, adjusted for inflation. I have no idea.

Forum List

Back