Capitol rioter gets 5 years, longest sentence yet

Every night for almost six months we would see Jungles Monkeys and Communists doing things a thousand time more destructive that this guy. Burning, looting and even murdering.

Why didn't the FBI use their resources to go after those shitheads and ut them in jail for five years or longer? Those were the real insurrection crimes.

I actually don't have any sympathy for him because he is a chickenshit.

He evidently took the advice of his lawyer and apologized like a little pussy. He should have spit in the judge's eye and said "go fuck yourself'.

He was right to protest a blatantly stolen election.

It was wrong to punish somebody that went after the assholes in the Capitol that let it happen.

There were no findings of guilt
He took a plea deal which is largely a mitigated negotiation between the two sides
As I though this never saw the valid light of day nor court activity.
It would have if he hadn’t pled guilty
My gosh simpleton, if you want a trial you plead not guilty.

Every night for almost six months we would see Jungles Monkeys and Communists doing things a thousand time more destructive that this guy. Burning, looting and even murdering.

Why didn't the FBI use their resources to go after those shitheads and ut them in jail for five years or longer? Those were the real insurrection crimes.

He evidently took the advice of his lawyer and apologized like a little pussy. He should have spit in the judge's eye and said "go fuck yourself'.

It was wrong to punish somebody that went after the assholes in the Capitol that let it happen.
its easy for us to say he should have said "go fuck yourself"

when you're standing alone and the propaganda driven govt. is crucifying you its a scary thing. there should have been 100,000 of us standing outside the courthouse with ARs to support this guy. That would make it much easier for him to stand tall!!!!!!!

The day will come when the good people of this country will have to stand together, or we will absolutely LOSE this wonderful thing that was started by our founders. The same founders that stood together and risked EVERYTHING for freedom.

After being held in inhumane conditions without bail and being 'mistreated' in 'DC Gitmo', a Florida man pled guilty to throwing a board at Capitol Police officers and spraying them with a fire extinguisher before throwing the extinguisher at them. He was convicted and sentenced to the harshest punishment given to any participant of the 6 Jan protest.

In contrast,the 2 Ivy League lawyers who firebombed a police car with Molotov cocktails, attempted to burn police officers alive, and was caught attempting to distribute more Molotov cocktails to other violent rioters during the George Floyd violence were almost immediately allowed to be bailed out by an ex-Obama administration member.

It's now being reported the govt has offered these 2 arsonist, fire-bombing, would-be assassins a plea deal to lessen THEIR sentences.

The Antifa rioter who threw a molotov cocktail into a police station was sentenced to 4 years.

One rioter who threw them at a police car and passed them out was sentenced to 40 months.

The two lawyers pleaded guilty and are facing up to 10 in prison. Of course they would try for a plea deal.

[URLunfurl="true"]https://www.reuters.com/legal/litig...lead-guilty-molotov-cocktail-case-2021-10-20/[/URL]

Compared to these guys, the Capitol rioters are getting very light sentances.

A Capitol rioter who attacked police officers working to hold back the angry pro-Trump mob on Jan. 6 was sentenced Friday to more than five years behind bars, the most so far for anyone sentenced in the insurrection.

Robert Palmer, 54, of Largo, Florida, wept as he told U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan that he recently watched a video of his actions that day and could not believe what he was seeing.

“Your honor. I’m really really ashamed of what I did,” he said through tears.

Palmer made his way to the front line during the chaos and started to attack, throwing a wooden plank, spraying a fire extinguisher, then hurling it when it was done. He rooted around for other objects, prosecutors said. He was briefly pepper-sprayed by police before he attacked officers again with a pole. He pleaded guilty to attacking officers.

Palmer said in a handwritten letter to the judge that he felt betrayed by Trump and his allies who fed them conspiracy theories.

Another man goes to jail for trump.

5 years? He'll be out in 30 months as long as he doesn't screw up in prison.

Do you think the Jan 6th rioter sentences have been too short? Or just right?
I didn't see what he was charged with. 5 years seems light for insurrection and/or treason.

Mixed feelings. He's responsible for his actions and he attacked the officers. Period. Cut & dried.

At the same time, he's fallen into a cult that has influenced and misguided him profoundly. I have to wonder if it's fair to consider that a mitigating factor.
is that what leftist are going to claim as the reason was no one is being charged with insurrection ? is that the crap they are going to spout ?

Yet you Dems used language that included that exact phrase and claimed it was fine. Hypocrisy exposed. Noting you don’t mention the phrase “peacefully protest” that Trump used.
What exact phrase and what context? At a rally full of angry supporters?

It's easy to overlooking. it is one phrase out of 5 pages of grievance politics and a call to action.

is that what leftist are going to claim as the reason was no one is being charged with insurrection ? is that the crap they are going to spout ?
No one will be charged with insurrection specifically. They are being charged with the crimes they committed during the event on January 6th that is accurately described as an "insurrection".

I don't know why this concept is so complicated for you people. Perhaps if you see it another three or four hundred times, it will at least begin to seep into your skulls a bit. At least to the extent to which it can.

Hundreds of left wingers were arrested you dumb racist piece of shit. Fox doesnt report on that though so you wouldnt know about it now would you?

You have to be the biggest pussy keyboard warrior I've ever seen. No wonder why you feel the need to own 50+ guns. LOL spit in the judge's eye. LOL thinking a coward like YOU would ever try such a thing.

No one will be charged with insurrection specifically. They are being charged with the crimes they committed during the event on January 6th that is accurately described as an "insurrection".

I don't know why this concept is so complicated for you people. Perhaps if you see it another three or four hundred times, it will at least begin to seep into your skulls a bit. At least to the extent to which it can.
Insurrection is a crime, Dumbass. A specific federal statute.

You are trying to move the goal posts and call it an "event" because there is no case of insurrection against anyone. Kinda blows your INSURRECTION talking points out of the water.

Insurrection is a crime, Dumbass. A specific federal statute.

You are trying to move the goal posts and call it an "event" because there is no case of insurrection against anyone. Kinda blows your INSURRECTION talking points out of the water.
Sure thing, Trumpster.

I'd still love to know why you guys go full drama queen over the word.

I use it now just to watch :laugh:

Another example of why I've given up here. It's pointless and a little depressing.
They are dumb animals that lack even the most basic of logic skills. After going round and round with one of these trumpanzee chimps about how you can't prove a negative I gave up. They're hopeless. They enjoy wallowing in their anti-intellectualism.

Forum List

Back