Capitalism is NOT Democratic: Democracy is NOT Capitalist

If corrupt Wall Street parasites work hard looting the productive economy, does that add or subtract from GDP? Does society in general benefit from such "hard work"?
Washington politicians are the ones who loot the economy, douchebag. Wall Street brokers don't take money from people at gunpoint. Government does that.

You're wrong about most things, but the above isn't one of them. I believe society functions best when it collectively supplies basic human rights without requiring each individual to pay for some rich parasite's profit margin.
The empirical evidence shows that government is the worst at doing that.

You're wrong about most things, but the above isn't one of them. I believe society functions best when it collectively supplies basic human rights without requiring each individual to pay for some rich parasite's profit margin.
Which directly contradicts:
If I've ever characterized a human right as a good or service others must provide, it was unintentional.

So, which is it?

But if you're claiming medical care as a right - that's free shit! That's a service others must provide. Which you deny above. How can you contradict yourself in the same fucking post?
Public options for education, housing, and medical care are rights in the same way public safety is a right or freedom of speech is a right or freedom of religion is a right. You really need to pull your nose out of the Koch brothers' asses before you destroy what little credibility you have left.

They obviously don't. There's nothing more expensive than free medical care. "Free education" is so expensive because the government provides it.
643000-medical-bankruptcies.jpg

Public options for education, housing, and medical care are rights in the same way public safety is a right or freedom of speech is a right or freedom of religion is a right. You really need to pull your nose out of the Koch brothers' asses before you destroy what little credibility you have left.
NO they aren't. The only thing needed to observe freedom of speech is to not prevent anyone from speaking. Providing education, housing and medical care, on the other hand, require extorting vast sums of money from innocent people.

I've never heard anyone call "public safety" a right, which is probably because it isn't.

https://projects.iq.harvard.edu/fil...-_is_capitalism_compatible_with_democracy.pdf

"Capitalism and democracy follow different logics: unequally distributed property rights on the one hand, equal civic and political rights on the other; profit oriented trade within capitalism in contrast to the search for the common good within democracy; debate, compromise and majority decision-making within democratic politics versus hierarchical decision-making by managers and capital owners.

"Capitalism is not democratic, democracy not capitalist.

"During the first postwar decades, tensions between the two were moderated through the socio-political embedding of capitalism by an interventionist tax and welfare state.

"Yet, the financialization of capitalism since the 1980s has broken the precarious capitalist-democratic compromise."
Reagan-Tax-Bill-July-1981-resize.jpg

Reagan's tax cuts facilitated low interest rates and financial bubbles to promote US financial expansion by making real estate speculation and junk-bond corporate takeovers effectively exempt from income taxation.

This set in motion a chain-reaction of asset price inflation that is still polarizing this economy today.

The primary mode of accumulation has become financial, enabling investment bankers to replace government planners.
New flash America was never meant to be a democracy. We are a Republic.

Private tyrants like the Koch brothers are a bigger threat to your freedom than those calling for "free stuff."
There's no such thing as a "private tyrant," and those calling for free stuff are calling for the government to loot me at gunpoint, so they are definitely a much bigger threat to my freedom.

Today the USA is neither capitalist or Democratic.....
Today the USA is both capitalist and democratic, has always been, and both work in harmony with each other. If the democratic portion of the equation is threatened by an unscrupulous totalitarian,
we will fall into an abyss of anarchy, with an autocrat at the helm. I guess that you tumpers think that it is ok.

Forum List

Back