Zone1 Candace Owens Becomes Catholic

I just don't let time-wasters waste my time.

yeh, I adopted this little "rule" a long time ago: If a person just wants to hate someone I like (Trump) and it doesn't matter what good he did or plans to do, forget about that person. Trump is a hard worker, doesn't sleep much, and did things for this country that previous presidents should have done but didn't (they put up with China's BS and etc.. etc...). People who can't or won't see the good in someone like that are...

words fail.

Can you provide me with a list of possible words here? LOL

yeh, I adopted this little "rule" a long time ago: If a person just wants to hate someone I like (Trump) and it doesn't matter what good he did or plans to do, forget about that person. Trump is a hard worker, doesn't sleep much, and did things for this country that previous presidents should have done but didn't (they put up with China's BS and etc.. etc...). People who can't or won't see the good in someone like that are...

words fail.

Can you provide me with a list of possible words here? LOL

Haters.

Do it elsewhere is all I've got to say to them.

I can't help it that their sorry "parents" turned them ugly.

I did notice that a few of their posts got blasted out of there because of -- you know -- rules! LOL!

I don't have a problem w/ what the nun said. What did you want her to say: One last human to over-populate the earth?
I didn't really want her to say anything. Now, here's the thing, for those who came in late. My late mother was the art teacher at my Catholic School, which meant she worked with this frustrated lesbian in a habit every day. So it wasn't like she wandered into a random funeral and said stupid shit...

It was a really stupid thing to say, though.

a liberal may not say that but would think it, I'm guessing.

I really don't care what people think. When they say stuff that's inappropriate at an inappropriate time, I have an issue.

So how was it miserable being Catholic, other than that? Maybe you could chalk it up to being over-run with humans, but Jesus was there just the same?

The psychological torture, the stupid beliefs, the constant guilt-tripping.

I guess I can't see much "good" in Trump seeing what an execrable human being he is.

He Cheated on all three of his wives.
He cheated numerous business associates.
He's run a political movement largely based on hating "the other" (Muslims, Hispanics, China, for some reason.)

I'm wondering what BS of China he didn't put up with? I mean, he started a largely unnecessary trade war with China that hurt us more than the Chinese. So there's that.

Haters.

Do it elsewhere is all I've got to say to them.

I can't help it that their sorry "parents" turned them ugly.

I did notice that a few of their posts got blasted out of there because of -- you know -- rules! LOL!

can you give an example?

what do you mean by "blasted out of there"

I didn't know there was any rule against being mean. If there were, there'd be like 5 people here LOL

I didn't really want her to say anything. Now, here's the thing, for those who came in late. My late mother was the art teacher at my Catholic School, which meant she worked with this frustrated lesbian in a habit every day. So it wasn't like she wandered into a random funeral and said stupid shit...

It was a really stupid thing to say, though.

I really don't care what people think. When they say stuff that's inappropriate at an inappropriate time, I have an issue.

The psychological torture, the stupid beliefs, the constant guilt-tripping.
well, I have heard of Catholic schools and a lot of people who went to them turned out to be rather anti-Catholic so I can't get on your case, as I never attended one. I had the chance of doing that but my parents let ME decide and I wanted to stay in the public school (didn't know anything back then...!) because my siblings were there and I didn't want to go to Catholic school alone. So much for letting your kids make decisions they don't have a clue about.. But anyhow, maybe, just maybe I wouldn't be so gung ho for the CC if I had gone to one of those Catholic schools? Well, again, one good thing about making mistakes (some similar to what Trump is always accused of) is that you can't judge others for doing the same thing.

so who knows, maybe if I had gone to Catholic schools, I would have turned into a ..intolerant of everyone else's faults and weaknesses? God knows. I'd like to think I wouldn't have, but who knows.

Anyway, do you have a little story from your past that would support that accusation of "guilt tripping"?

It is easy to agree with what Peterson says and also see that the R.C.C. is for weak minds and weak faith.
It is difficult to see why anyone already a Christian would ever modify his faith and adapt Papism.
It isn't hard when you want to unify your family in one church. I am not and have never been Roman Catholic but many in my family and among my friends are. They all just sort of shrug off what doesn't make sense to them and embrace the best the church has to offer and that's quite a bit. I always feel like I've been to church when I go with them.

And that they identify as Catholics no way makes me believe their are weak in mind or faith.

Anyway, do you have a little story from your past that would support that accusation of "guilt tripping"?

I've had to deal with a couple of USMB posters doxing me, so I'm not that keen to share personal stories. But overall, what I remember was that they taught that if you THOUGHT about committing a sin, that was the same as committing the sin. No wonder so many Catholics are guilt ridden.

well, I have heard of Catholic schools and a lot of people who went to them turned out to be rather anti-Catholic so I can't get on your case, as I never attended one. I had the chance of doing that but my parents let ME decide and I wanted to stay in the public school (didn't know anything back then...!) because my siblings were there and I didn't want to go to Catholic school alone. So much for letting your kids make decisions they don't have a clue about.. But anyhow, maybe, just maybe I wouldn't be so gung ho for the CC if I had gone to one of those Catholic schools? Well, again, one good thing about making mistakes (some similar to what Trump is always accused of) is that you can't judge others for doing the same thing.

I will say I got a better quality education than I would have gotten at a public school. It wasn't worth the misery they inflicted on me, though.

so who knows, maybe if I had gone to Catholic schools, I would have turned into a ..intolerant of everyone else's faults and weaknesses? God knows. I'd like to think I wouldn't have, but who knows.

Well, I think what I developed an intolerance for was hypocrisy. The Church is about money.

Now, when my brother-in-law passed away 15 years ago, the Priest who showed up did the bare minimum. Forget this guy led a pretty decent life, educated his kids with the church, and even worked for the parish as a handyman after he retired from his job with the union.

MEANWHILE, my creep uncle who dumped my aunt for a trophy wife, not only got a first-class service because he donated to the Church, but the Trophy Wife even got a shout-out.

I've had to deal with a couple of USMB posters doxing me, so I'm not that keen to share personal stories. But overall, what I remember was that they taught that if you THOUGHT about committing a sin, that was the same as committing the sin. No wonder so many Catholics are guilt ridden.

I will say I got a better quality education than I would have gotten at a public school. It wasn't worth the misery they inflicted on me, though.

Well, I think what I developed an intolerance for was hypocrisy. The Church is about money.

Now, when my brother-in-law passed away 15 years ago, the Priest who showed up did the bare minimum. Forget this guy led a pretty decent life, educated his kids with the church, and even worked for the parish as a handyman after he retired from his job with the union.

MEANWHILE, my creep uncle who dumped my aunt for a trophy wife, not only got a first-class service because he donated to the Church, but the Trophy Wife even got a shout-out.
Wow, that's bad. It's no wonder you have the attitude you do. I have also seen how the Church (these days) is all about money. I have been in need before and was not helped but then I checked out Catholic Charities and they are helping people from other countries, many of whom are likely not legally here. So much for caring for your own.

Yeh, thinking about committing a sin is not a sin unless you dwell on it, plan to do and etc. So that's odd. But hey, humans are human. We have to forgive them because we are really no better. I've ditched a lot of my previous sins but it seems like as soon as you get rid of one bad habit or sin, here comes another to take its place! So yeh, it's hard to always be forgiving but that's what Jesus said to do. I don't think that means allowing the offender to re-offend. No, wait, I know it isn't about that. I forgave this person years ago and she acted like I was supposed to continue on in the relationship just because I forgave but no, I wasn't about to subject myself to the same old abuse and the person never seemed to change at all.

Anyway, all I can say is that: Jesus is not like humans. That's one reason I love Him :)

can you give an example?

what do you mean by "blasted out of there"

I didn't know there was any rule against being mean. If there were, there'd be like 5 people here LOL

"Blasted out" means the posts got disappeared. Yes, being personally insulting is a no-no in Zone 1.

Thank goodness that meanness is perfectly permitted in many other places here.

That dark colored strip across the top of every page has a button on the far left that says "Forums", and you'll find all the Terms of Service and rules in there somewhere.

I got slapped out of the joint several times before I took time to read the rules. I find that they are a bit more complicated here than they've been in many other boards I've used, but that is what makes for the looseness that's allowed in what's called The Basement.

The very bottom of the "Forums" page is what's called The Taunting Arena, or "The Basement", which is where you can get away with almost everything, except threats of personal harm against a poster and I think being nasty to a poster's family members is bad taste all across the board.

I guess I can't see much "good" in Trump seeing what an execrable human being he is.

He Cheated on all three of his wives.
He cheated numerous business associates.
He's run a political movement largely based on hating "the other" (Muslims, Hispanics, China, for some reason.)

I'm wondering what BS of China he didn't put up with? I mean, he started a largely unnecessary trade war with China that hurt us more than the Chinese. So there's that.
I don't think it hurt us more than China. I'd have to have details but China is definitely not our friend.

and he didn't hate Mustlims or Hispanics. He just doesn't want people in the country unaccounted for, raping, robbing and murdering Americans.

"Blasted out" means the posts got disappeared. Yes, being personally insulting is a no-no in Zone 1.

Thank goodness that meanness is perfectly permitted in many other places here.

That dark colored strip across the top of every page has a button on the far left that says "Forums", and you'll find all the Terms of Service and rules in there somewhere.

I got slapped out of the joint several times before I took time to read the rules. I find that they are a bit more complicated here than they've been in many other boards I've used, but that is what makes for the looseness that's allowed in what's called The Basement.

The very bottom of the "Forums" page is what's called The Taunting Arena, or "The Basement", which is where you can get away with almost everything, except threats of personal harm against a poster and I think being nasty to a poster's family members is bad taste all across the board.

thanks for that, but some posters don't seem to know about any rules!

I mean, they say the most godawful things!

well, you dislike Christians or those who support them, apparently (though I can't say I have read a lot of your posts, just a few). Trump supports Christianity, as well he should since most people in the US believe in God and many go to one Christian church or another or at least continue to believe after ceasing w/ the church attendance.
i dislike christians because i dont like the catholic religion?...lol....ok if you say so...lol...

i dislike christians because i dont like the catholic religion?...lol....ok if you say so...lol...
I didn't say that

But it stands to reason, and you can't deny it does, that if Christ founded a Church, THAT is the one people should be in, not some man made imitation that came by 1000s of years after Christ.

Forum List

Back