Cancer victory

i wish you only negative margins in the future...
Thanks, the future odds aren't exactly the most promising for this rare and aggressive cancer. My doc says we will really get to know each other over the years to come. Lots of screening and imaging in my future...

Ended up donating a finger, but it looks like I have won this round with mother nature. Negative margins.
About one square centimeter of skin area....
That was about the size of the problem cancer, plus an additional 1.5 cm from there to ensure negative margins. Bone was cut even shorter than the 2.5 cm so enough skin was left to close the area and stitch together. Just a stub now, but at least it wasn't my trigger finger...

That was about the size of the problem cancer, plus an additional 1.5 cm from there to ensure negative margins. Bone was cut even shorter than the 2.5 cm so enough skin was left to close the area and stitch together. Just a stub now, but at least it wasn't my trigger finger...
I have a type of cancer — have had it since I was born — that is inoperable and untreatable. Best not to even allow the doctors to look at it. They have other motives, which do not include saving my life and limbs. And they fucked up my medical records to boot.

I have a type of cancer — have had it since I was born — that is inoperable and untreatable. Best not to even allow the doctors to look at it. They have other motives, which do not include saving my life and limbs. And they fucked up my medical records to boot.
Sorry to hear. I have only recently begun to understand how complex cancers can be.

Ended up donating a finger, but it looks like I have won this round with mother nature. Negative margins.
Congrats!

Unfortunately for me, the news has gone the other way. The cancer that was dormant for seven years has now mutated to overcome the chemotherapy and has started to spread.
I got the news by video from my consultant just half an hour before England played Germany in the Euro finals. Completely ruined my concentration on the match. Anyway, I always knew this day would come and have to accept that chemo gave me an extra 6.5 years so I have had a good innings.

so which finger is gone?

many people ignore symptoms of cancer....dont...the sooner you get in and begin to fight it...the better off it "May" be..

dont ignore stuff like blood in urine....50/50 it is nothing and the cause wont be found....i was the other 50...bladder cancer...very treatable if found early...most are very treatable if found early..unfortunately as humans we tend to avoid what we are terrified of..dont

a friend thought she had the flu..just felt off...went to hospital...liver cancer...took her in two weeks

Congrats!

Unfortunately for me, the news has gone the other way. The cancer that was dormant for seven years has now mutated to overcome the chemotherapy and has started to spread.
I got the news by video from my consultant just half an hour before England played Germany in the Euro finals. Completely ruined my concentration on the match. Anyway, I always knew this day would come and have to accept that chemo gave me an extra 6.5 years so I have had a good innings.
I am glad you got some time, and I pray that you end up getting some more time again.

My doc says that I've got to get screened regularly now, since the likelihood of reoccurring is still ridiculously high. I guess we need to catch it immediately.
Thanks!

Your right and so long as you keep getting scans and your blood checked you can hopefully stay one step ahead. I have been able to get on with my life and not worry about it and I hope you can do the same.

I searched the internet for prosthetic finger images, and it looks like there are plenty to choose from. All sizes, all race backgrounds, all lengths, and prices. Not sure if I will bother getting one though. I still have several weeks of healing from the surgery left, so plenty of time to decide.
Get a long fat one--she'll love you for it. JK, congrats on your victory.

Forum List

Back