Canadian citizen arrested after trying to sneak into US on stolen fishing boat

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I told you Canadians would be looking for freedom. It's like the East Germans climbing the wall to get to the West.

A Canadian citizen on a stolen fishing boat was apprehended by U.S. Border Patrol agents Monday in Maine, American officials said.

Canada's Royal Canadian Mounted Police requested assistance from American law enforcement agencies around 5:30 a.m. to help catch somone who was heading toward U.S. waters in a stolen fishing vessel, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection news release said.

The suspect stole the boat on Grand Manan Island in the Canadian province of New Brunswick and fled toward Maine, CBP said. A fisherman reported seeing the boat in Pigeon Hill Bay in Maine, officials said.

I told you Canadians would be looking for freedom. It's like the East Germans climbing the wall to get to the West.

A Canadian citizen on a stolen fishing boat was apprehended by U.S. Border Patrol agents Monday in Maine, American officials said.

Canada's Royal Canadian Mounted Police requested assistance from American law enforcement agencies around 5:30 a.m. to help catch somone who was heading toward U.S. waters in a stolen fishing vessel, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection news release said.

The suspect stole the boat on Grand Manan Island in the Canadian province of New Brunswick and fled toward Maine, CBP said. A fisherman reported seeing the boat in Pigeon Hill Bay in Maine, officials said.
Sorry to hear it, SC.

Is the Covid-19 drivin' ya'll up north nuts too? Lots of people down here are in a bad way, and in particular some of the popular stars are all kinds are blue because they have no audience to cheer them on.

Edit: spelling error! lol

Last edited:
---Why don't we build a wall with Canada?...That truly is an open border, there is no wall or massive fencing. Some parts of the U.S.- Canadian border are marked with petunias.---

Talk about an unprotected border.

---Why don't we build a wall with Canada?...That truly is an open border, there is no wall or massive fencing. Some parts of the U.S.- Canadian border are marked with petunias.---

Canada should pay for it IMHO. After all, there are numerous Liberals in America threatening to move to Canada because of Trump and I know they don't want them.

We can't built a wall with Canada. Sons and daughters, cousins, aunts and uncles moved there in Viet Nam. Why, we're related to all of them one way or another.

We can't built a wall with Canada. Sons and daughters, cousins, aunts and uncles moved there in Viet Nam. Why, we're related to all of them one way or another.
They can use the checkpoints. We wouldn't want them to steal boats and travel via the lakes.

But Lenny, he could be someone's cousin!
We can survive just fine if they stay on their side of the border.
69c7369777bf392516699e5cea64b1ae.jpg

Justin_Bieber_mugshot_Canadian_flag.jpg

Its the defacto 51rst state. Whether either of us like it, or not. Like the bastard half brother from Dads dalliance with the house keeper....

Wow................comparing 1 Canadian stealing a fishing boat and coming to the US, to what people in East Berlin did to get free is being a bit hyperbolic, don't ya think? If a person was trying to escape E. Berlin, they had to go through a no mans land where they could get shot or hung up on barbed wire before climbing the wall. Sorry, but a stolen boat by just one person doesn't even come close to people escaping E. Berlin.

But, keep up with the hyperbole if that helps you sleep at night.

They can use the checkpoints. We wouldn't want them to steal boats and travel via the lakes.

This guy didn't need a boat, when a Canadian gets desperate enough (as many are, even if Americans don't see it), they will swim with the sharks to get the hell out of here.

I'm sure many Canadians read this story and said to themselves, "I can see why he did that".

Wow................comparing 1 Canadian stealing a fishing boat and coming to the US, to what people in East Berlin did to get free is being a bit hyperbolic, don't ya think? If a person was trying to escape E. Berlin, they had to go through a no mans land where they could get shot or hung up on barbed wire before climbing the wall. Sorry, but a stolen boat by just one person doesn't even come close to people escaping E. Berlin.

But, keep up with the hyperbole if that helps you sleep at night.

I shall do so. Unfortunately, our system has not lead to any progress in civil liberties, rule of law, due process, accountability, transparency or opportunity. When covert apparatuses are in our schools and workplaces and Good Little Germans help them out, from the lowest crook to doctors and lawyers, you know you have a vile system that is in no way a reflection of Western values.

Worse than the abuses of the apparatuses though, as I suggest, are those Canadians blindly helping them out. Creepy and cowardly. A complete indictment of our character here and it has a trickle down effect in our system, generation after generation. I've seen it and experienced it firsthand. Quite like the East German stories I heard about in multiple books, of that I'm not exaggerating. Friends, families, co-workers all looking for benefit by putting someone else to the stake. It's greasy.

Things have changed since I travelled up there a lot. I never showed anything at the border crossings but my U.S. driver's license, going or coming. But, Organized Crime has become huge up there since those days, and we probably need to work in the smuggling and criminal money laundering stuff a lot more closely. It's still the preferred route for smuggling illegal Asians and Arab 'refugees' into the U.S.

Why?

Why?

I don't know his story, but I know many peoples story, especially my own. We aren't a trustworthy country by any stretch of the imagination.

I'd really like to see the recruitment standards of the creepy covert Canadians who make mint on the back of the system and the lives of others. I imagine the first question is, "was your Old Man a cop?" We are stuck in the 1950's. Economically and socially.

But Lenny, he could be someone's cousin!
We can survive just fine if they stay on their side of the border.
69c7369777bf392516699e5cea64b1ae.jpg

Justin_Bieber_mugshot_Canadian_flag.jpg
We have some mighty fine folks down here who were born and raised in Canada. Mighty fine folks. And when my late husband and I visited Canada in 2006, I have never met more fascinating, good-hearted, and educated people anywhere on earth. I was particularly fond of a high-school history instructor whose penchant was Canadian history as well as its people and resources. We were with my husband's fellow alumni of the University of Illinois, and everyone loved the trip across Canada in such a wonderfully knowledgable who showed us geese that were prepping their young for an autumnal flight to the other side of the Equator where they doubled down on summer there while the humans stuck around for the snow and ice. <giggle> He also knew the relationship of the natives of Canada who had opened a knowledge and cultural center for their country's English and European guests. It's a whole 'nuther world up there, and they are most hospitable folk in Toronto where I saw a quilt show put on by Canada's womenfolk from all corners of their country, and it was a comprehensively beautiful and interesting lot of artwork created by Canadians of cloth layers that enclosed batting with fine stitchery. Needless to mention, the Tamarack trees had turned orange against dark green conifers, and were they spectacular. But nothing was as pleasing as being at Lake Louise, which overlooks 7 glaciers in their glacial blue splendor against neutral rocks and snow above the snow line. A few years earlier we had visited the famous Buchart Gardens, and the floral displays are some of the loveliest I've ever had the joy of seeing. They say it's in Brentwood Bay, British Columbia, and located near Victoria on Vancouver Island.

Why?

I don't know his story, but I know many peoples story, especially my own. We aren't a trustworthy country by any stretch of the imagination.

I'd really like to see the recruitment standards of the creepy covert Canadians who make mint on the back of the system and the lives of others. I imagine the first question is, "was your Old Man a cop?" We are stuck in the 1950's. Economically and socially.
I think the Canadians are a very good neighbor, and I bless the lot o' ye. ;)

You know, if a person really wanted to leave Canada, all they would have to do is go into the woods and simply walk across wherever it's not heavily populated. Know what our northern border consists of in Montana? About a 50 foot wide clear cut showing where the border is. Nothing else. All you would have to do is hide in the trees (aerial patrols happen up there) until after the aircraft passes by, then simply walk across the clear cut, into the woods here in the USA, and there ya go...............nothing much more difficult than that.

You know, if a person really wanted to leave Canada, all they would have to do is go into the woods and simply walk across wherever it's not heavily populated. Know what our northern border consists of in Montana? About a 50 foot wide clear cut showing where the border is. Nothing else. All you would have to do is hide in the trees (aerial patrols happen up there) until after the aircraft passes by, then simply walk across the clear cut, into the woods here in the USA, and there ya go...............nothing much more difficult than that.

You forgot about the sniper...

Why?

And here I was thinking folks were sneaking into Canada

Forum List

Back