Canada falls from Freedom Index top 10 for first time since 2012

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Well you don't say.

With people like Donald H and his ilk in Ontario, this is no surprise. The fact that Canada is ahead of the U.S is suspect I suppose.

Keep an eye on my demise my American friends, as I've made you aware of for years. You are going to have to choose your allies wisely because the next 25 years are going to be make or break for the West lead by America.

Released Thursday by the Fraser Institute and the U.S.-based Cato Institute, the 2022 edition of the Human Freedom Index lists Canada as the world’s 13th most free nation — down from No. 6 last year and the first time in over a decade that Canada didn’t make the top 10.

“Canada’s COVID response was much stricter than many in 2020,” said study co-author and Fraser Institute Fellow Fred McMahon.

“There have also been some bumps in our legal system, and given various scandals and political interference,” he said.

“The overall human Freedom index incorporates economic freedom, and Canada has been declining in that,” he said.

“It’s important not to overstate this — it’s not like the bottom has fallen out and countries at the top tend to be closely bunched — but this is becoming a trend, so it is worrisome.”

Switzerland was ranked the world’s freest country, with New Zealand, Estonia, Denmark and Ireland rounding out the top five.

Canada sits at 13th, between a two-way tie for 11th place with Norway and Australia, and Taiwan in 14th.

Other highlights include the United Kingdom ranked 20th — down five spots from last year — the United States falling seven places to 23rd, Ukraine increasing nine spots to 89th, and Russia climbing from 124th to 119th.

Well you don't say.

With people like Donald H and his ilk in Ontario, this is no surprise. The fact that Canada is ahead of the U.S is suspect I suppose.

Keep an eye on my demise my American friends, as I've made you aware of for years. You are going to have to choose your allies wisely because the next 25 years are going to be make or break for the West lead by America.

Released Thursday by the Fraser Institute and the U.S.-based Cato Institute, the 2022 edition of the Human Freedom Index lists Canada as the world’s 13th most free nation — down from No. 6 last year and the first time in over a decade that Canada didn’t make the top 10.

“Canada’s COVID response was much stricter than many in 2020,” said study co-author and Fraser Institute Fellow Fred McMahon.

“There have also been some bumps in our legal system, and given various scandals and political interference,” he said.

“The overall human Freedom index incorporates economic freedom, and Canada has been declining in that,” he said.

“It’s important not to overstate this — it’s not like the bottom has fallen out and countries at the top tend to be closely bunched — but this is becoming a trend, so it is worrisome.”

Switzerland was ranked the world’s freest country, with New Zealand, Estonia, Denmark and Ireland rounding out the top five.

Canada sits at 13th, between a two-way tie for 11th place with Norway and Australia, and Taiwan in 14th.

Other highlights include the United Kingdom ranked 20th — down five spots from last year — the United States falling seven places to 23rd, Ukraine increasing nine spots to 89th, and Russia climbing from 124th to 119th.
What are Fidel Trudeau's chances of being reelected?

The FRASER INSTITUTE FREEDOM INDEX?????? What a fucking joke.
The Fraser Institute is a far right libertarian think tank that opposes government in any form. Mike fucking Harris is a member of the Fraser Institute.
Canada is still ranked 6th in the world by World Population Review, a non partisan survey.

Forum List

Back