It's frightening just how few resources there are for men in Canada who have been abused by their significant other.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Both the U.K and America have multiple groups and resources. They are still lacking of course, but there are multiple options. In Canada we have very few. The few I reached out to don't even respond.

This is not the system men died for.

Just knock the bitch out. ;)

It's not a joking matter. God forbid you ever fall in love with someone or get caught in a situation with an abusive, manipulative woman. Worse, if you are exceedingly loyal as I am.

It's not a joking matter. God forbid you ever fall in love with someone or get caught in a situation with an abusive, manipulative woman. Worse, if you are exceedingly loyal as I am.

Maybe you ought to reconsider the wisdom of loyalty to someone who does not reciprocate. Abuse is not loyalty.

Since you admit that your difficulties are of your own making, it should be easy to fix.

I have admitted no such thing. If you knew my life story, you'd understand.

Yes, I should have been less ideal and believing in her ability to change, less loyal (her last bf before me took off and left without notice). However, loyalty is what makes me who I am. It's not easy to alter.

Yes, I should have been less ideal and believing in her ability to change, less loyal (her last bf before me took off and left without notice). However, loyalty is what makes me who I am. It's not easy to alter.

First mistake -- loving someone who must change in order to be your perfect mate.

They rarely, if ever, do.

Your problem is that you're sticking around. It's that simple. Sometimes you have take something away to make people realize what they have. It sounds like that's the one thing you haven't tried that just might work. It sounds like you're using every tool in your toolbox except the RIGHT ONE...for the job. Many relationships are based on early breakups followed by makeups. Even my wife of almost 15 years and I went through it.

It is easy to alter. You grit your teeth and do what you know needs to be done.

Your problem is that you're sticking around. It's that simple. Sometimes you have take something away to make people realize what they have. It sounds like that's the one thing you haven't tried that just might work. It sounds like you're using every tool in your toolbox except the RIGHT ONE...for the job. Many relationships are based on early breakups followed by makeups. Even my wife of almost 15 years and I went through it.

There's really nowhere to go and this is my home.

Both the U.K and America have multiple groups and resources. They are still lacking of course, but there are multiple options. In Canada we have very few. The few I reached out to don't even respond.

Then start one. In America most of these resources are really non-profits and at least in my area, most are still oriented toward women because that is where the need is the greatest by far.

Then start one. In America most of these resources are really non-profits and at least in my area, most are still oriented toward women because that is where the need is the greatest by far.

Takes a lot of courage for a man to admit he's being abused by a woman.

Takes a lot of courage for a man to admit he's being abused by a woman.

I wish I hadn't to be honest. I've been a lightning rod for physical abuse all of my life, I should have just stuck it out or forced counselling on her. I feel far worse now than when she was abusing me, it's sad to say.

You could explore the question of exactly what love is to you and compare it with alternatives.
And consider whether your loyalty is misplaced or even immature.

But with somebody with professional status who is experienced and even wise .

Can send you my charge rates privately. Bitcoin preferred .

You could explore the question of exactly what love is to you and compare it with alternatives.
And consider whether your loyalty is misplaced or even immature.

But with somebody with professional status who is experienced and even wise .

Can send you my charge rates privately. Bitcoin preferred .
It's complicated. Very complicated as I've repeated. There are some good people on here and even though it's only virtual I hope I have impressed on users here what type of person I am. Life isn't fair but I have been a good, principled adult fighting some who are not. It's far worse with an abusive wife. No one deserves this.

You would find that everywhere in western culture today friend.
This is the era of "me too" - fascist feminism labeling all men "toxic" thus the phrase "toxic masculinity"
In a question/answer session by Jordan Peterson, he was asked about his thoughts on "toxic masculinity". His answer was immediate. "What is it?, what do you mean by that?"
He took this woman down a notch or two, because she never defined what she meant. In her world, and in ours, all you have to do is say it. You don't need to define it, simply saying it suffices.
And that is where we are today in the relations between men and women.
You are a man. Therefore you can't be a victim like a woman can. That is how it is seen by too many.
Thank the left for that

It's complicated. Very complicated as I've repeated. There are some good people on here and even though it's only virtual I hope I have impressed on users here what type of person I am. Life isn't fair but I have been a good, principled adult fighting some who are not. It's far worse with an abusive wife. No one deserves this.
Get some counseling to help you get in touch with your backbone. If no one deserves this, why do you? Don't come up with your loyalty. That's not a reason it's an excuse. What you want is for someone to change your wife into a loving spouse. Not gonna happen. Leave while you still can.

Forum List

Back