Can you get granted honorary american citizenship if...?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
If you live in Austria not in America, have not been permanent resident in the USA before? That means can under some certain circumstances I get the american citizenship but continue to be both austrian citizen and still live in Austria? And if that is possible... How?

If you live in Austria not in America, have not been permanent resident in the USA before? That means can under some certain circumstances I get the american citizenship but continue to be both austrian citizen and still live in Austria? And if that is possible... How?

Why not?

Can you get granted honorary american citizenship if...?
There is a civics exam and knowledge of the English language and U.S. Constitution required for immigration and naturalization.
Immigration is namely the process of becoming a permanent resident, whereas naturalization is that of becoming a citizen.

For the love of civics and the Constitution on an honorary basis only, you would have to kick the American conception of civic rights and duties up against the authorities and powers that be in Austria -- and I am sure there are ways to do that in a more authentic “Austrian” or other cultural or language-appropriate framework -- inasmuch as certain rights we deem “unalienable” are concerned -- as such rights by nature are God-given and cannot depend on citizenship or immigration status.

Forum List

Back