Can you be Anti Authoritarian on the left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping it short since that seems to get more of a response.

Mostly a question to those who self identify as being more left wing.
And hopefully is treated with honest responses and not just emotional venting.

Also is there a forum "topic" for just asking questions and getting honest responses from both sides of the spectrum? you know, learn why a side thinks the way the do?
Um, being anti-authoritarian is pretty much what the left is all about.

Yeah except when it comes to authority regarding an individuals private property, their commercial decisions, what they can say in public and who they can do business with.

The left loves centralized power and it's exercise of control over the individual in pretty much all areas except sex and drugs.
You are referring to anti-discrimination laws, which are about equal treatment for all.
… and how is telling people what they can and cannot say and do with their own property under threat of government sanction "anti-authoritarian"?

LOL, the left wing idea of "equal treatment" is nothing more than code for "speak, think and act as we say, or else".

You’re the one who wants to use the government to deny gays legal marriage.
Yeah...government doesn’t belong in their bed. If they can find a church to marry them - go for it! Nobody is stopping them.
You moron, government can’t deny them rights they offer to others. :cuckoo:
You mean like the right to life (which is “offered” to all Americans)? Boom!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
”Boom!!!”

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

A fetus isn’t an American until it’s born, ya dumbass buttplug.

1233796371590.gif

A fetus doesn’t have individual rights.
Please show us where that is written... :lmao:

The right to life is the most basic, fundamental right. Would you like to try again? :laugh:
Now you’re asking me to prove a negative.
No I’m not. All laws are written and available to the American public. If a fetus “doesn’t have individual rights” then that will be on the books. So please show us.
Poor Buttplug, when it comes to abortion, a fetus has no right to life...

UNBORN VICTIMS OF VIOLENCE ACT OF 2004

(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to permit the prosecution—
(1) of any person for conduct relating to an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person author- ized by law to act on her behalf, has been obtained or for which such consent is implied by law;
(2) of any person for any medical treatment of the pregnant woman or her unborn child; or
(3) of any woman with respect to her unborn child.

As far as I understand it the vast majority of "left-wing" actions are taken to remove individual freedom. I'm not making a case against this but simply confused.
Are there causes in the left wing circle where they fight for less power in the hands of Government?

Is it possible to be liberal minded but be overall against the addition of regulations laws already in place?

I'm trying my best to articulate my thoughts I understand its still going to be misconstrued as an insult to the left wing but I'm trying to understand the "overall" beliefs of "Left & Right" since everyone has different definitions, so I'm trying to formulate my own.
Youre confusing power with authority. Power is simply the ability to do something. Authority is a claim to legitimacy of the ability to do something.
I feel like in order for the left to achieve what they desire it commonly takes away individual rights. Am I wrong in that assumption?
You mean like abortion, which protects individual rights of women to control their own body?

Perhaps they should have exercised that control a bit earlier, then they wouldn't need to kill a baby. However your party's negro solution has had the desired effect, it has held their numbers down to keep them manageable on your party's plantation.

Yeah...government doesn’t belong in their bed. If they can find a church to marry them - go for it! Nobody is stopping them.

They had the same rights as everyone else before the court decision. Faghadist demanded special consideration, it was never about love, it has always been about money.

You mean like abortion, which protects individual rights of women to control their own body?
You mean like abortion - which gives women the right to control and terminate the life of another (proven by science through the unique DNA of the child)?

That’s what authoritarianism always does. Look how many people Joesph Stalin executed. Same with Saddam Hussein. Fidel Castro. And now asshole parasites like you want that some time of oppression here.
I see what you did here but it didnt work. Abortion pretty much points out that cons are control freaks and want to tell a woman what to do with her body. :rolleyes:

As far as I understand it the vast majority of "left-wing" actions are taken to remove individual freedom. I'm not making a case against this but simply confused.
Are there causes in the left wing circle where they fight for less power in the hands of Government?

Is it possible to be liberal minded but be overall against the addition of regulations laws already in place?

I'm trying my best to articulate my thoughts I understand its still going to be misconstrued as an insult to the left wing but I'm trying to understand the "overall" beliefs of "Left & Right" since everyone has different definitions, so I'm trying to formulate my own.
Youre confusing power with authority. Power is simply the ability to do something. Authority is a claim to legitimacy of the ability to do something.
I feel like in order for the left to achieve what they desire it commonly takes away individual rights. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Perhaps they should have exercised that control a bit earlier, then they wouldn't need to kill a baby. However your party's negro solution has had the desired effect, it has held their numbers down to keep them manageable on your party's plantation.

Better yet, you don’t get to tell them what to do with their bodies.

They had the same rights as everyone else before the court decision. Faghadist demanded special consideration, it was never about love, it has always been about money.

Liar, they did not have the same rights as everyone else. Everyone else had the right to marry the person they loved and wanted to be legally bound together in matrimony.

They did not have that right.

Now they do.

It's not their body I'm concerned with, it's the body of the child and don't tell me a court trumps science. The brain stem and heart beat is in place within 13 days. To pretend that isn't life denies science.

It's not their body I'm concerned with, it's the body of the child and don't tell me a court trumps science. The brain stem and heart beat is in place within 13 days. To pretend that isn't life denies science.

No one cares what you are concerned with. The women have the right to be preganant or not be pregnant. Its none of your concern what she does with the fetus as you are not the one carrying it.

Also is there a forum "topic" for just asking questions and getting honest responses from both sides of the spectrum? you know, learn why a side thinks the way the do?
If only that were true.

Liar, they did not have the same rights as everyone else. Everyone else had the right to marry the person they loved and wanted to be legally bound together in matrimony.

Now they do.

Sure they did, they could marry anyone of the opposite sex they chose, just like everyone else of their gender. All they wanted was government benefits that were reserved for normal marriage. Civil unions were always available to address the family aspects.

No one cares what you are concerned with. The women have the right to be preganant or not be pregnant. Its none of your concern what she does with the fetus as you are not the one carrying it.

Your opinion has no value to me, talk to someone who might care what you think.

LOL

The court trumps science. There I told ya.

Now they do.

Sure they did, they could marry anyone of the opposite sex they chose, just like everyone else of their gender. All they wanted was government benefits that were reserved for normal marriage. Civil unions were always available to address the family aspects.

Wow, you're a special kind of retard, ain't ya?

I said nothing about marrying a person of the opposite sex. I said getting to marry the person you love and want to be legally bound to.

Who the fuck is a moron like you to tell others which person they can or cannot marry?

Your opinion has no value to me, talk to someone who might care what you think.

I didnt ask you what you valued. I said no one cares what you are concerned with. I will talk to you anytime I want when I feel the need to correct you.

Yeah except when it comes to authority regarding an individuals private property, their commercial decisions, what they can say in public and who they can do business with.

The left loves centralized power and it's exercise of control over the individual in pretty much all areas except sex and drugs.
You are referring to anti-discrimination laws, which are about equal treatment for all.
… and how is telling people what they can and cannot say and do with their own property under threat of government sanction "anti-authoritarian"?

LOL, the left wing idea of "equal treatment" is nothing more than code for "speak, think and act as we say, or else".
When they are using said property or language do damage other people.

LOL

The court trumps science. There I told ya.

Cool that just proves you're not better than ghetto thugs, they don't value life either.

Now they do.

Wow, you're a special kind of retard, ain't ya?

I said nothing about marrying a person of the opposite sex. I said getting to marry the person you love and want to be legally bound to.

Who the fuck is a moron like you to tell others which person they can or cannot marry?

I guess I'm not as retarded as you, you can be legally bound to anyone with a simple contract. It doesn't require defiling marriage. Like I said it's all about the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back