Can you be a republicam and not support trump ?

This article is about the growing links between Qanon and the evangelicals in the US. It struck me that all of the people quoted were former republican representatives.

I have no doubt that the cultists on here will dismiss them as Rinos because that is the reflex action of the many cultists.

But there is a growing list of republicans whp are now seemingly persona non grata in the party. Trump is encouraging his followers to primary these people for speaking out against him.

You would have a better idea than myself who is on the list but off the top of my head -
The Lincoln Project
Jeff Kemp
Romney
Cheney
Sasse
Murkowski
Collins
Flake
Cassidy
Gov Kemp
Vice Pres Pence
Sessions
Rove
Bolton

These are just national figures, I am sure that on a local level the purges are more extensive. Which brings me back to my original question. Can you be a non trump fan and have a place in the GOP ?

Maybe there are conservatives on this board who fall into this category ?

The question is more accurately put forward as "Does the capitulating Republican establishment and the Democrat ringers that are dug into the party have a future in the face of the growth of the now-predominant America First philosophy?"
I think that I am getting the picture. BTW America First just got rejected by the American public.

The biggest RINO in the GOP is Trump. HE has never been and never will be a true Republican. What he is, and always has been, is an opportunist. The biggest problem is that he has done, with his words and actions, is turned formerly self-identified Republicans into, for lack of a better word, Trumplicans. Now, were these people real Republicans? Given what I've seen over the last five years, and given what I continue to see, I hope not. I'd hate to think that they represent the party I signed on to when I was eighteen.

Now, while I am no longer a registered Republican, I dropped that when Bush went in to Iraq, I think I can say that yes, a person can be a Republican and not support Trump. In fact, I'd say that that would be a sign that that person is really a Republican.
"Opportunist" really is one of the key tenets here. Politics aside, he identified a large target audience and spoke them, and them exclusively, in their specific language, for five years now.

Not only did it serve his desire to be President, it fed his profound need for acceptance far more than anything else could.

And it continues. In fact, it may be its own separate animal now, whether he is there or not. Incredible.

I think that’s what made him unique. Trump had no particular ideology. He was a political opportunist with a miasma of positions.
Yep. A salesman. And a good salesman knows how to identify and press the hot buttons of his prospect.

This particular target market was easy to identify and easily sold. He just to say the same things they were already hearing.

Stripped of negative spin, he is a non-ideological pragmatist who identified a long ignored voting bloc and ran a campaign to get their support.

Which is fine. Every group has the right to have their voices heard and their interests represented.

Because no two people are going to agree on everything, my answer to the question is yes. Why is it possible? To me, its due to the level of importance that people place on whatever it is that they do agree on or don't agree on. Those who don't support Trump for example are not behind him because what they disagree with him on is more important to them people compared to whatever it is that they may do have in common with the guy.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Because no two people are going to agree on everything, my answer to the question is yes. Why is it possible? To me, its due to the level of importance that people place on whatever it is that they do agree on or don't agree on. Those who don't support Trump for example are not behind him because what they disagree with him on is more important to them people compared to whatever it is that they may do have in common with the guy.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
They dont seem to be welcome in the Trump Gop though. They cant even believe that the election was fair without a backlash.

Forum List

Back