Can we stop pretending Trump is fit to be president?

‘If you gave many Republicans in Washington truth serum, they’d say, “Of course [Trump’s] unfit to be president. Of course he’s corrupt, of course he’s incompetent, of course he’s the most dishonest person ever to step into the Oval Office. But I can live with that, because him being reelected means Republicans keep power, we get more conservative judges and we get all the policies we favor.”’

Needless to say, Trump supporters would never acknowledge these facts, they’re just as dishonest and corrupt as Trump.

Getting the policies I favor is winning the game.

Your fantasy world is widespread, but shallow.

I'd think what we should be doing is carefully examining how a person like this could come within 300 electoral votes of being elected President.

He's just a symptom. The real problem is much deeper and uglier.

One place is we could look as we analyze this is at world history, +/- 80, 90 years ago.

Poor uninformed voters chose poor manipulative leaders.

I'd think what we should be doing is carefully examining how a person like this could come within 300 electoral votes of being elected President. He's just a symptom. The real problem is much deeper and uglier. One place is we could look as we analyze this is at world history, +/- 80, 90 years ago.
Poor uninformed voters chose poor manipulative leaders.
Yes, who fully and successfully took advantage of the prevailing frustration, anger and paranoia.

I think it's sad that countries like New Zealand, Finland, and Austria can elect Millennials to be their prime ministers, but here in the United States we're saddled with a couple of mentally addled dinosaurs as our two major party candidates.
Trump hasn't got anything wrong with his cognitive functioning. Except for the ADD and the personality disorder, he's functioning on all cylinders.

And Biden being mentally addled is just campaign mud slinging. Hillary wasn't a dying drunk, either. If you listen to Biden's interviews, he can at least describe his platform with more words than "Beautiful, believe me."

Bidum has mastered ebonics.

I think it's sad that countries like New Zealand, Finland, and Austria can elect Millennials to be their prime ministers, but here in the United States we're saddled with a couple of mentally addled dinosaurs as our two major party candidates.
Now this is an honest post and true. Baby Boomers need to give up the ghost on power.

The OP is true IMHO. Trump manifests the worst attributes of the Baby Boomer generation combined with mental instability. Biden is far from perfect but he’d be better for the country. We do need younger leadership. No doubt about it.
I'm of the Boomer generation. I took to the DC streets to protest Nixon several times. In the demonstration against his second inauguration, I froze my ass off with an elderly couple who held a banner that read "Maine wants no king." I hope that you do not think that rump represents my generation. He has been an abomination.

The lineup of younger folks who ran in the Democratic primaries demonstrates, I hope, that a new generation of competent leaders is arising to carry on.

Trump hasn't got anything wrong with his cognitive functioning. Except for the ADD and the personality disorder, he's functioning on all cylinders.

And Biden being mentally addled is just campaign mud slinging. Hillary wasn't a dying drunk, either. If you listen to Biden's interviews, he can at least describe his platform with more words than "Beautiful, believe me."

Bidum has mastered ebonics.
So fucking what?

Now this is an honest post and true. Baby Boomers need to give up the ghost on power.

The OP is true IMHO. Trump manifests the worst attributes of the Baby Boomer generation combined with mental instability. Biden is far from perfect but he’d be better for the country. We do need younger leadership. No doubt about it.
I'm of the Boomer generation. I took to the DC streets to protest Nixon several times. In the demonstration against his second inauguration, I froze my ass off with an elderly couple who held a banner that read "Maine wants no king." I hope that you do not think that rump represents my generation. He has been an abomination.

The lineup of younger folks who ran in the Democratic primaries demonstrates, I hope, that a new generation of competent leaders is arising to carry on.
There were too many of them. DNC and RNC both should limit the number of candidates to 5 or 6. 16 or more candidates trying to debate is ridiculous. There is no way for an average voter to sort them all out. Most got some local support and some minimal coverage, but there were just too many.

I'm of the Boomer generation.

As am I. You must be in the group that got real stupid.

I took to the DC streets to protest Nixon several times.

I remember those. Always a good source of chicks and weed.

Surely you jest. I've never seen a more dispensable gaggle of idiots.

If one was to do a book on Trump tweets and comments to the media when asked question. Even Doctor Strange would send it back to where it belongs as pure fantasy.

The Lord of the Trumpets

Trumps problem is the the Super Super ego that panders to the lowest denominator. It corrupts him to the point that he can't handle criticism and he makes thing up so that it sounds good even if its not the truth. Thus when he opens his mouth its like I can't believe he said that but then again he says something else that is equally is ridiculous. He lives in a fantasy world of his own making. As such in the real world he cannot function. He just repeats what seems plausible as that is what some people respond to and he knows that.

Being the President is a super ego trip and how a person handles it is a telling sign of how great a president he will be. Sometimes you have to put that super ego on the shelf and accept criticism as a way of importing oneself. You have to surround yourself with the best. But if you believe your perfect, then what does God have to do with it.

Last edited:

There were too many of them. DNC and RNC both should limit the number of candidates to 5 or 6. 16 or more candidates trying to debate is ridiculous. There is no way for an average voter to sort them all out. Most got some local support and some minimal coverage, but there were just too many.

Yes, I agree with that. I have some preferences for his choice as VP and I hope it is a woman.

if Trump betrayed America and slept with Russia, is inept to be POTUS, and should be impeached, why does he get 50K people at his every rally, with 100K people outside trying to get in?

checkmate!

Ah, you mean the millennials who can't do simple math without a calculator, or find Poland on a map, or figure out if they're male or female? Thank your lucky stars there's enough of us Boomers left who can remember what made America rich and powerful and are making that happen again.

if Trump betrayed America and slept with Russia, is inept to be POTUS, and should be impeached, why does he get 50K people at his every rally, with 100K people outside trying to get in?

checkmate!

Yet Clinton beat him in the popular vote by over a million people and thus his new argument is that they were all illegal votes. Trump inflates his rallies. Why would he do that if they were so great.

checkmate!

Yet Clinton beat him in the popular vote by over a million people and thus his new argument is that they were all illegal votes. Trump inflates his rallies. Why would he do that if they were so great.
he inflates everything

Ah, you mean the millennials who can't do simple math without a calculator, or find Poland on a map, or figure out if they're male or female? Thank your lucky stars there's enough of us Boomers left who can remember what made America rich and powerful and are making that happen again.
Boomers made America rich and powerful by running up $20 trillion in government debt and handing it off to the next generation.

And they didn’t even spend it on anything useful since our infrastructure is crumbling.

I see new leaders coming up.

The republicans have no one to offer. All they do is deflect and throw tantrums as if they can't tolerate anyone disagreeing with them. This is not a display of intelligence and electability. They don't even know how to debate. I'd like to see the newer republicans debate, with rules that everyone remain behind their respective podiums, answer the questions put to them, observe the time limits, and not speak out of turn.

‘If you gave many Republicans in Washington truth serum, they’d say, “Of course [Trump’s] unfit to be president. Of course he’s corrupt, of course he’s incompetent, of course he’s the most dishonest person ever to step into the Oval Office. But I can live with that, because him being reelected means Republicans keep power, we get more conservative judges and we get all the policies we favor.”’

Needless to say, Trump supporters would never acknowledge these facts, they’re just as dishonest and corrupt as Trump.
can we stop pretending you are not insane with TDS?

I see new leaders coming up.

Name them. Make us laugh more.

Forum List

Back