can we make a thread for currently listen to for Christian music

Seems like all of the Opera singers do that one; I like Jackie Evancho's and Sarah Brightman's versions the best.
I like Jessye Norman too:

I shall check out Jackie Eancho as I am not familiar with that name and thanks for the mention.

Well Greg?!?!?
She uttered the first syllable and I hit the 'LOVE' Botton :auiqs.jpg: :rofl:. I did not need to wait to see. Thank you so much. Sublime:udaman:!
I have a bit of a hearing thing where most sopranos sound strained. But this one cuts through just so beautifully.

Who'd have thought Sinead would come up with a very good song also.

Greg

I've been a very big stickler about Xtian music outside of the church, and I know it's a pet issue of mine, but I feel it can have some large rammifications.

I have a specific problem with Christian rock bands claiming to be true worship services. They aren't. Listen, it's great to have Christians join together to enjoy Christian-themed rock music, and there will certainly be spiritual words said and people joined.. but it's not a worship service, it's not "church".

Music is powerful, and can manipulate the mind VERY easily. You can listen to the most horribly, sinfully contrived song, and yet it makes you feel good because of the rhythm and chord structure. To assign God to a positive chord structure is short-changing God IMO.

I think music is a clear tool to use in praise, but it should be used carefully. It's obvious, and provable, that those who achieve gigantic fame in Christian music open themselves up to gigantic temptations in the rock world such as sex, drugs, etc. I know the first Newsboys front man John James fell to this fate, and enjoyed being a lead singer of a band more than upkeeping Christian morals, and had to leave the band.

With that being said, provided we identify Xtian music for what it is.. non-church praise... I have some old Favs:
- DC Talk - Jesus Freak
- DC Talk - So Help me God
- DC Talk - Mind's Eye
- Newsboys - Take me to your Leader
- Newsboys - Shine
- Audio Adrenaline - Never Gonna be as big as Jesus
- Third Day - Consuming Fire
-

I've been a very big stickler about Xtian music outside of the church, and I know it's a pet issue of mine, but I feel it can have some large rammifications.

I have a specific problem with Christian rock bands claiming to be true worship services. They aren't. Listen, it's great to have Christians join together to enjoy Christian-themed rock music, and there will certainly be spiritual words said and people joined.. but it's not a worship service, it's not "church".

Music is powerful, and can manipulate the mind VERY easily. You can listen to the most horribly, sinfully contrived song, and yet it makes you feel good because of the rhythm and chord structure. To assign God to a positive chord structure is short-changing God IMO.

I think music is a clear tool to use in praise, but it should be used carefully. It's obvious, and provable, that those who achieve gigantic fame in Christian music open themselves up to gigantic temptations in the rock world such as sex, drugs, etc. I know the first Newsboys front man John James fell to this fate, and enjoyed being a lead singer of a band more than upkeeping Christian morals, and had to leave the band.

With that being said, provided we identify Xtian music for what it is.. non-church praise... I have some old Favs:
- DC Talk - Jesus Freak
- DC Talk - So Help me God
- DC Talk - Mind's Eye
- Newsboys - Take me to your Leader
- Newsboys - Shine
- Audio Adrenaline - Never Gonna be as big as Jesus
- Third Day - Consuming Fire
-
Just post the music; diatribes are for elsewhere!!!

Greg

Mr. Friscus Jesus freak was one of the first Christian song i heard on a radio station the blast.com . that radio station is still going, and they have partner stations as well now , talk about Christian bands are fine to talk about in this thread that what It's for to explore Christian music and to let others know of artist who are out there , i have been listening to nine lashes hard rock Christian music is also welcome in here

Mr. Friscus Jesus freak was one of the first Christian song i heard on a radio station the blast.com . that radio station is still going, and they have partner stations as well now , talk about Christian bands are fine to talk about in this thread that what It's for to explore Christian music and to let others know of artist who are out there , i have been listening to nine lashes hard rock Christian music is also welcome in here

Not quite my style but I can hear why some like it.

Greg

I thought I posted a Jonathan and Charlotte duet here. Oh well, must have been on one of my main boards. In any case ...

They got beat out on Brit AGT by a frigging DOG ACT! Jonathan is a now a solo act, has been for a while. I have the CD they made together after AGT, and it's pretty good, not a bad number on it. The song starts around 1:35 or so, if you want to skip the retrospective stuff.

Last edited:
I have a bit of a hearing thing where most sopranos sound strained. But this one cuts through just so beautifully.

Who'd have thought Sinead would come up with a very good song also.

Greg

Greg,
Thank you again:thanks:. Great Song. I love Francis of Assissi. One of my favorite probably top 3 Saints.
do you know that she converted to Islam? I don't know if that was a just publicity stun or she actually did do that.
And to all other Christians. The Sign of peace shown in the vid is actually an upsidedown Christian Cross with broken arms. In other words, it isn't. Beware.
To anybody who would be prompted to think "what a luny, she thinks Christianity is a religion of peace, huh." you might be right to an extent. But Not About Christ. Few years back I had an absolutely stunning experience with him which showed to me that he indeed is the Prince of Peace and Prisoner of love that he is. Go ahead and have a stupid laugh, I don't give shit. I Know what I Know.

Attachments

• fake sign of peace.png
    fake sign of peace.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I thought I posted a Jonathan and Charlotte duet here. Oh well, must have been on one of my main boards. In any case ...

They got beat out on Brit AGT by a frigging DOG ACT! Jonathan is a now a solo act, has been for a while. I have the CD they made together after AGT, and it's pretty good, not a bad number on it. The song starts around 1:35 or so, if you want to skip the retrospective stuff.

He is a true Tenor. An amazing soul. I 've heard him before. INCREDIBLE.

Greg,
Thank you again:thanks:. Great Song. I love Francis of Assissi. One of my favorite probably top 3 Saints.
do you know that she converted to Islam? I don't know if that was a just publicity stun or she actually did do that.
And to all other Christians. The Sign of peace shown in the vid is actually an upsidedown Christian Cross with broken arms. In other words, it isn't. Beware.
To anybody who would be prompted to think "what a luny, she thinks Christianity is a religion of peace, huh." you might be right to an extent. But Not About Christ. Few years back I had an absolutely stunning experience with him which showed to me that he indeed is the Prince of Peace and Prisoner of love that he is. Go ahead and have a stupid laugh, I don't give shit. I Know what I Know.
Yes; the Crow's hoof is pagan....but the song itself not. It has been culturally appropriated by the Secularists as basically doing no harm to each other. Meh.

Frankly I don't like most of her own songs but sometimes she does a Golden Oldie quite well.

Greg

Yes; the Crow's hoof is pagan....but the song itself not. It has been culturally appropriated by the Secularists as basically doing no harm to each other. Meh.

Frankly I don't like most of her own songs but sometimes she does a Golden Oldie quite well.

Greg
I just looked now and found a vid on youtube of her performing the hit "nothing compared to u" wearing the burka.
Well, In Is-garbage-lam it says that a woman is NOT allowed to raise her voice in public!!!! Yet, here she is, a fairly new convert, already doing that. and claiming that she's been "Muslim" all her life as the COr-garbage-lam says and I wonder how really much she knows about its filthy rules.

Just a thought.

To get back to your comment. Of course the song is NOT pagan. But now I have absolutely no respect for her whatsoever.

Forum List

Back