Zone1 Can the US Survive an EMP Strike?

Where are we getting all these chips? And it screws up more than just computer chips. Society would devolve rather quickly. Lack of food, clean water, sewage, gas, elctdicty, comms etc. No refrigeration. How many people know how to preserve food even if they know how to grow it? hundreds of millions of people likely die inside 3 months if a country wide EMP happens.
There are probably a lot of chips rolling around,but yes, get out of the cities.

But the things you put them in wouldn’t be so what’s the point?

besodes the fact that having a bit of light to read by will be the least of the problems we have.
Bullshit. Fiber optics would work. Flashlights and other battery powered lights? Yes.

There wont be any heat if they set off nukes in the upper atmosphere.
I think it was called a Fairity cage a simple metal box, large ammunition cans and anything put in that box would be null to the effect of an EMP. Also point ignition is also immune if it wasn't running at the time of the burst. As far as being blind our military is not stupid but with the generals we have now I might be wrong.

I think it was called a Fairity cage a simple metal box, large ammunition cans and anything put in that box would be null to the effect of an EMP. Also point ignition is also immune if it wasn't running at the time of the burst. As far as being blind our military is not stupid but with the generals we have now I might be wrong.
It’s called a Faraday cage. It’s a bit more than that the inside has to be insulated so that it doesn’t conduct the energy to whatever is inside.

Bullshit. Fiber optics would work. Flashlights and other battery powered lights? Yes.

So? What is it you think fiber optics will do for you in this situation?

I guess it depends. Most flashlights have some sort of circuit board in them which would get smoked in an EMP likely. Same with most battery powered lights.

Where are we getting all these chips? And it screws up more than just computer chips. Society would devolve rather quickly. Lack of food, clean water, sewage, gas, elctdicty, comms etc. No refrigeration. How many people know how to preserve food even if they know how to grow it? hundreds of millions of people likely die inside 3 months if a country wide EMP happens.
Not quite true

Not quite true
3 days. That's how many day's worth of food the local grocery has in stock to feed the surrounding population. How many days do you think the average person has in the panty? Not in the freezer or refrigerator as those will melt and spoil rather quickly with no power. No fresh water. No sewage. No heat/cooling. No light. No natural gas. No communication. No police or ems response. Even the food in the pantry most people would have no way to cook it. Shit would go tribal and lord of the flies in the cities quickly. Everyone who needs any type of medication on a regular basis to survive dies quickly. Everyone in a nursing home dies quickly. Most old people die quickly. Where do you think people will get food to eat or water to drink? Nothing will be going into or out of the cities where the vast majority of the population lives.

Faraday cage.
A microwave oven can be used as a faraday cage.
Also heard you can stack old microwaves and make a room as big as you want,,the limitations being how many old microwaves you can get your hands on.
But really any metal box can be used. In a lot of cases it's having the electronic plugged into the grid will cause the damage.

Faraday cage.
A microwave oven can be used as a faraday cage.
Also heard you can stack old microwaves and make a room as big as you want,,the limitations being how many old microwaves you can get your hands on.
But really any metal box can be used. In a lot of cases it's having the electronic plugged into the grid will cause the damage.
The inside of the box has to be insulated from the metal casing or the energy will just be transmitted to the items inside.

You said any metal box. I quoted exactly what you said.

Ah,I thought you were referring to the microwave.
But yes a plane metal box will in fact work as a faraday cage you need to keep whatever you're trying to protect from touching the metal a simple wood liner will work. Or you can simply wrap your device in a dish towel.
A popular choice is metal ammo boxes.

Forum List

Back