Can Governors legally ban religious services?

Are some states violating people's 1st amendment rights?

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

They are if any thing other than EMS, fire fighters, police, or free food banks, are open for business.

If this is a real pandemic then close everything until the emergency is over.

*****SMILE*****

:)

They can't do that since people rely on the cops, firemen and water companies.

1590422854998.png

Did you even read what I posted?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Are they banning religious services, really?

Religious services are being conducted online.

That's not banned.

Typically these ban's are for gatherings of more than x number of people, and they are temporary in nature.

This was done during other epidemics - 1918 flu and Polio outbreaks.
got a link???

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

They are if any thing other than EMS, fire fighters, police, or free food banks, are open for business.

*****SMILE*****

I don't think essential services have ever been closed during an epidemic - people must have a way to get food, medicine, money.

That's not banned.

Typically these ban's are for gatherings of more than x number of people, and they are temporary in nature.

got a link???

Yes, I've posted it before and I will again.

During an emergency health declaration they can...But only temporarily.
Only health emergency I see is in old folks homes.
Hmmm, it seems to me it happened in more places than nursing holes. Many folks were told to go home and die. The for profit healthcare system failed because they could make a profit from just anyone.
what kind of babble is that...….you closed the for profit health system too. Sent nurse and DRs home
How did I close down the healthcare system?
Was or wasn't it closed.......Saving some ...killing others .....great plan
When is God going to get it right?
Facts have become inconvenient

That's not banned.

got a link???

but did they allow hundreds of people to gather in walmart and costco???

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

I don't think essential services have ever been closed during an epidemic - people must have a way to get food, medicine, money.

some states keep liquor stores open and pot stores open

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

Go figure. It's up to the individual states and I guess some consider that "essential".

During an emergency health declaration they can...But only temporarily.
Only health emergency I see is in old folks homes.
Hmmm, it seems to me it happened in more places than nursing holes. Many folks were told to go home and die. The for profit healthcare system failed because they could make a profit from just anyone.
what kind of babble is that...….you closed the for profit health system too. Sent nurse and DRs home
How did I close down the healthcare system?
Was or wasn't it closed.......Saving some ...killing others .....great plan
When is God going to get it right?
Facts have become inconvenient
In a crap shoot logic is a byproduct of a lucky streak.

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

Our little town never shut down...

That's not banned.

got a link???

but did they allow hundreds of people to gather in walmart and costco???

Because, again, people need to buy food, and to be open those stores have to put in place a system of limit the number of people allowed in, maintain social distancing, wear masks etc. Depends on the state. In WV -Walmart has a sign saying how many people can be inside, and staff counting. Next door, in PA - they have that plus wearing a mask inside is mandatory.

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

1590423234933.png

We've never had the government telling people to close down and stay at home during a epidemic either.

I allowed EMS and the free food banks to remain open.

Why do you need money? WalMart won't be open unless they want to start handing out free food in the parking lot.

*****SMILE*****

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340723

We've never had the government telling people to close down and stay at home during a epidemic either.

Why do you need money? WalMart won't be open unless they want to start handing out free food in the parking lot.

*****SMILE*****

Yes the govt. has told people to wear masks and stay at home and there are instances when travelers have entered into a quarantine zone to be forced into quarantine in US history. This is not a new occurence to humans and the world.

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340723

*****SMILE*****

Yes, we actually have - during the 1918 flue epidemic. If only free food banks were allowed to be open and not grocery stores - they would be swamped and emptied in days. They aren't equip to handle the entire public and the entire public doesn't need their charity.

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340723

*****SMILE*****

Yes the govt. has told people to wear masks and stay at home and there are instances when travelers have entered into a quarantine zone to be forced into quarantine in US history. This is not a new occurence to humans and the world.

1590424233229.png

If you want martial law in a district because of a "pandemic" then lock it down totally.

"Essential Services Only"

I provided the essentials by leaving EMS, police, fire fighters, and free food banks.

Stay home because nothing else is open except perhaps energy, water, and sewage, providers and they're brown bagging and only on the job if absolutely necessary.

Retail stores are unessential. Ran out of liquor? Want to shop for a new dress? Don't like the can of beans the free food bank gave you?

Well that's too damn bad you're in lock down!

*****SMILE*****

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340723

*****SMILE*****

Yes, we actually have - during the 1918 flue epidemic. If only free food banks were allowed to be open and not grocery stores - they would be swamped and emptied in days. They aren't equip to handle the entire public and the entire public doesn't need their charity.

1590424587673.png

Then I suppose the grocery stores can donate what they have to the food banks to feed the public or have it confiscated by the government to do so.

*****SMILE*****

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340723

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340728

If you want martial law in a district because of a "pandemic" then lock it down totally.

I provided the essentials by leaving EMS, police, fire fighters, and free food banks.

Stay home because nothing else is open except perhaps energy, water, and sewage, providers and they're brown bagging and only on the job if absolutely necessary.

Retail stores are unessential. Ran out of liquor? Want to shop for a new dress? Don't like the can of beans the free food bank gave you?

*****SMILE*****

The little town I live by never shut down, the restaurants didn't close..Every damn thing was open for business. The campgrounds let people stay for free and the state stopped checking for fishing license so it was gratis....What is yer obsession with stay at home orders to protect people? I managed to do several jobs during the period and shook hands with people, I use no masks ever. Why are you trying to over dramatize this period in time?

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340723

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340741

Then I suppose the grocery stores can donate what they have to the food banks to feed the public or have it confiscated by the government to do so.

*****SMILE*****

I think that's a recipe for riots.

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340723

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 340728

*****SMILE*****

The little town I live by never shut down, the restaurants didn't close..Every damn thing was open for business. The campgrounds let people stay for free and the state stopped checking for fishing license so it was gratis....What is yer obsession with stay at home orders to protect people? I managed to do several jobs during the period and shook hands with people, I use no masks ever. Why are you trying to over dramatize this period in time?

1590424902705.png

Then leave the churches decide whether they want to open or not.

Otherwise lock it all down!

*****CHUCKLE*****

Forum List

Back