Can Governors legally ban religious services?

Maybe they should hire a few savages like this.
Video footage out of Staten Island shows a woman being driven out of a grocery store by an angry mob because she’s not wearing a mask.

that will show them.

You can agree or disagree with the restrictions, but they aren't being singled out for their religion. They're being asked to follow the same restrictions as people who want to go to a bar, and get drunk.

Since we have freedom of assembly right along with freedom of religion closing the churches is blatantly unconstitutional.
Then why didn't the District or Supreme Court intervene? Precedent is why, they courts have already been through this several times and have sided with the leaders. Trump closed the American society along with the CDC....

During an emergency health declaration they can...But only temporarily.
Only health emergency I see is in old folks homes.
Hmmm, it seems to me it happened in more places than nursing holes. Many folks were told to go home and die. The for profit healthcare system failed because they could make a profit from just anyone.
what kind of babble is that...….you closed the for profit health system too. Sent nurse and DRs home

Hmmm, it seems to me it happened in more places than nursing holes. Many folks were told to go home and die. The for profit healthcare system failed because they could make a profit from just anyone.
what kind of babble is that...….you closed the for profit health system too. Sent nurse and DRs home
How did I close down the healthcare system?

The health emergency has to be handled using the least restrictive means possible when it comes to religion. So if the state is banning gatherings of more than 10 in churches but allowing 100 people into Walmart, there is a problem. Walmart should not get preferential treatment to churches (religion). If 100 people can shop at a big box store and social distance, then 100 people can sit in a church if it is large enough and listen to a sermon and social distance.

You can agree or disagree with the restrictions, but they aren't being singled out for their religion. They're being asked to follow the same restrictions as people who want to go to a bar, and get drunk.
They were singled out and were to remain closed...and they have tighter restrictions in a cap on how many may be inside despite fact distancing would allow more

Was or wasn't it closed.......Saving some ...killing others .....great plan

Was or wasn't it closed.......Saving some ...killing others .....great plan
When is God going to get it right?

Are some states violating people's 1st amendment rights?

Freedom of Religion

1590422474325.png

They are if any thing other than EMS, fire fighters, police, or free food banks, are open for business.

If this is a real pandemic then close everything until the emergency is over.

*****SMILE*****

:)

They were singled out and were to remain closed...and they have tighter restrictions in a cap on how many may be inside despite fact distancing would allow more
In my area they were having services from their cars and the sermon was broadcast to the cars and on a PA system. Although God was rolling his eyes...

Are some states violating people's 1st amendment rights?

Freedom of Religion

View attachment 340717

They are if any thing other than EMS, fire fighters, police, or free food banks, are open for business.

If this is a real pandemic then close everything until the emergency is over.

*****SMILE*****

:)

They can't do that since people rely on the cops, firemen and water companies.

Are they banning religious services, really?

Religious services are being conducted online.

That's not banned.

Typically these ban's are for gatherings of more than x number of people, and they are temporary in nature.

This was done during other epidemics - 1918 flu and Polio outbreaks.

Forum List

Back