Can black people tell the difference...

I am enjoying the way this racist BS thread was pulled right out from under the racist idiots who wanted it to be something else. Well done.

When I lived in Lafayette, Louisiana many years ago, Popeyes had the hottest, spicy chicken ever. When you pulled the skin back on a breast, it was red from all of the Cayenne pepper. People from Louisiana don't put up with bland chicken.

My favorite was Momma's Fried Chicken located in a predominately black neighborhood. They had the biggest breasts, Dolly Parton of hens, great dirty rice and had a huge amount of garlic in both........... amazing stuff.

When I lived in Lafayette, Louisiana many years ago, Popeyes had the hottest, spicy chicken ever. When you pulled the skin back on a breast, it was red from all of the Cayenne pepper. People from Louisiana don't put up with bland chicken.

My favorite was Momma's Fried Chicken located in a predominately black neighborhood. They had the biggest breasts, Dolly Parton of hens, great dirty rice and had a huge amount of garlic in both........... amazing stuff.

there might be something better than dirty rice, but i haven't found it yet

Both Popeyes and Churches fried chicken are some nasty, oily shit that shouldn't be consumed by humans no matter what their race is!
shut up!!!were talking about chicken.....i like Bo Jangles,KFC,CHURCHES,AND POPEYES!!!it just depends on what style of chicken i want.:eusa_drool::eusa_drool:

Last edited:

My Mother made hers with liver, my brother always said he wouldn't eat liver so she said it was ground beef which technically it was but.......... hers was very good but there was something about the way they made it at Momma's....... I think it was the garlic and the cayenne and probably something else like lard that I'm sure isn't good for you but....... yummy. I must have stopped there at least 5 times a week on the way to work. There were 2 huge black women there that so obviously loved life, always laughing out loud. They used to tell me I was the skinniest white boy that came in and they were going to do their best to fatten me up......... GREAT memories. I had a red fox that I had bought from a pet store with dreams of scoring huge with the women with him on a leash........ never even petted him, the meanest, smartest critter ever. He attacked me for some of Momma's fried chicken, he loved it too.:razz:

My Mother made hers with liver, my brother always said he wouldn't eat liver so she said it was ground beef which technically it was but.......... hers was very good but there was something about the way they made it at Momma's....... I think it was the garlic and the cayenne and probably something else like lard that I'm sure isn't good for you but....... yummy. I must have stopped there at least 5 times a week on the way to work. There were 2 huge black women there that so obviously loved life, always laughing out loud. They used to tell me I was the skinniest white boy that came in and they were going to do their best to fatten me up......... GREAT memories. I had a red fox that I had bought from a pet store with dreams of scoring huge with the women with him on a leash........ never even petted him, the meanest, smartest critter ever. He attacked me for some of Momma's fried chicken, he loved it too.:razz:

Well I need to ask my sister, she made a cook book of hers and my Mother's recipes a number of years ago and she isn't showing liver in it. Here it is, true Cajun stuff.

Rice Dressing.....Dirty Rice

Cook in a heavy cast iron skillet:

1 1/2 lb. of ground chuck 2tbsp. flour(sprinkle on meat)
1 1/2 lb. of ground pork season meat..... Tony Chachere's Famous Creole
Seasoning

Brown meat: stir until brown all over. Add small amount of water. Let brown again. Stir and brown. Add water and brown, etc. Do this for at least 30-40 minutes.

In skillet, saute chopped onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Add meat. Add 1 can of chicken broth; let simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool. Add chopped parsley and green onions. Add 2 - 3 cups of cooked rice. Stir well.

I have to admit, I'm not only surprised about the lack of liver but also the lack of roux. I guess I'm going to have to make some tonight........ I really miss my Mother, her cooking was amazing.:(

Well I need to ask my sister, she made a cook book of hers and my Mother's recipes a number of years ago and she isn't showing liver in it. Here it is, true Cajun stuff.

Rice Dressing.....Dirty Rice

Cook in a heavy cast iron skillet:

1 1/2 lb. of ground chuck 2tbsp. flour(sprinkle on meat)
1 1/2 lb. of ground pork season meat..... Tony Chachere's Famous Creole
Seasoning

Brown meat: stir until brown all over. Add small amount of water. Let brown again. Stir and brown. Add water and brown, etc. Do this for at least 30-40 minutes.

In skillet, saute chopped onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Add meat. Add 1 can of chicken broth; let simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool. Add chopped parsley and green onions. Add 2 - 3 cups of cooked rice. Stir well.

I have to admit, I'm not only surprised about the lack of liver but also the lack of roux. I guess I'm going to have to make some tonight........ I really miss my Mother, her cooking was amazing.:(

Sorry about your mom, but the recipe sounds delicious.

Last edited:
Churches calls it "Cajun" red beans and rice.

It's not for the meek.

I'm not able to make a comparison anymore b/c we don't have a Popeyes here. Churches put them OOB.

Spicey huh?

I love me some red beans and dirty rice.

Ill have to give Churches a try

Churchs also has excellent biscuits, okra and corn on the cob.

All my favorites in one meal. We don't have Churchs or a Popeye's anywhere near where I live...so I make my own...my mom's recipe....I swear it'll make ya think you've died and gone to heaven, or in Tank's case, swear he had some black blood runnin' through his veins, and like it!:razz:

Spicey huh?

I love me some red beans and dirty rice.

Ill have to give Churches a try

Churchs also has excellent biscuits, okra and corn on the cob.

All my favorites in one meal. We don't have Churchs or a Popeye's anywhere near where I live...so I make my own...my mom's recipe....I swear it'll make ya think you've died and gone to heaven, or in Tank's case, swear he had some black blood runnin' through his veins, and like it!:razz:

I bet so, the home made stuff is usually the best.

Sounds like fried rice.

Nothing about it is like fried rice except that it has rice in it. Fried rice is white rice that is then put into a wok with mostly soy sauce to make it brown. Good fried rice will have BBQ pork or Shrimp or Chicken along with an egg, bean sprouts sometimes peas and carrots and bamboo shoots.

The dirty rice is steamed rice with the browned meat, broth and vegetables stirred into it. If anything it's closer to Jambalaya but Jambalaya is all ingredients including the rice cooked together.

Forum List

Back