Can Anyone Explain Why..............?

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
I heard on a news conference form Austin today that there are 52 federal agencies that individuals and businesses have to try to navigate for disaster assistance? Can anyone explain why we need so many individual bureaucracies for this? Well, other than government trying to justify its existence.

I've lived through 2 wildfires. Lost our house and nearly everything we owned in the last one while working to save other people's homes.

I got a low interest loan for $14000 from the government, which I paid off already.

Too bad I wasn't an oxygen thief. I could have gotten a free house and all sorts of grants like my hippie neighbors did, which they quickly squandered.

They're back to being "poor" and living on the dole.

I heard on a news conference form Austin today that there are 52 federal agencies that individuals and businesses have to try to navigate for disaster assistance? Can anyone explain why we need so many individual bureaucracies for this? Well, other than government trying to justify its existence.

Because there are many types of assistance that are needed, that's why

I've lived through 2 wildfires. Lost our house and nearly everything we owned in the last one while working to save other people's homes.

I got a low interest loan for $14000 from the government, which I paid off already.

Too bad I wasn't an oxygen thief. I could have gotten a free house and all sorts of grants like my hippie neighbors did, which they quickly squandered.

I could understand 1-3 for individuals and maybe 1-3 for businesses, but 52, that seems to be an unsurmountable morass.

I could understand 1-3 for individuals and maybe 1-3 for businesses, but 52, that seems to be an unsurmountable morass.

Shouldn't people be able to get every type of help possible? can 1 to 3 businesses do everything?

So why not one or two agencies for individuals and the same for businesses? Where is it written you need a separate bureaucracy for each service, is the government incapable of mulitasking?

Shouldn't people be able to get every type of help possible? can 1 to 3 businesses do everything?

Note to the clueless, the government doesn't actually do the work. Do you have to go to 52 banks to build a freaking house?

So why not one or two agencies for individuals and the same for businesses? Where is it written you need a separate bureaucracy for each service, is the government incapable of mulitasking?

Do retired senior citizens need what an active farmer does. This is a big country, more is being done here then just handing out money to people
who have nothing in some cases

Note to the clueless, the government doesn't actually do the work. Do you have to go to 52 banks to build a freaking house?

Actually kid banks do not build houses. Contractors do, and yup, it might take 52

Do retired senior citizens need what an active farmer does. This is a big country, more is being done here then just handing out money to people

Displaced people all need the same, temp housing and other essentials. Later interim housing, household goods and transportation. A farmer losing his house to a flood is no different than the senior that does.

Actually kid banks do not build houses. Contractors do, and yup, it might take 52

I rebuilt mine myself. Got a pittance of a loan from the SBA, because "I made too much".

Too bad I'm not an oxygen thief. Could have gotten a lot of free shit by standing in line, but I had to work.

The government ain't no contractor, they're the bank.

Displaced people all need the same, temp housing and other essentials. Later interim housing, household goods and transportation. A farmer losing his house to a flood is no different than the senior that does.

Wrong, because in your narrow mind all of the damage is equal. It isn't, and there is not one person who had to go thru 52 agencies, but it is great that so much SPECIALIZED HELP is available.

Go to bed kid

Again money alone can't help when there is complete devastation, it takes a team effort of 52 agencies, at least

Again money alone can't help when there is complete devastation, it takes a team effort of 52 agencies, at least

To do what?

To do what?

First see that people are cared for and get medical attention. Some will need physical care and others will need psychological care. Find a way for children to get back to school when it starts? Get medicine and usable drinking water to people, and TEN THOUSAND OTHER FUCKING THINGS BEFORE ANYONE CAN THINK ABOUT REBUILDING

What good is money if there is no water to drink? Or power saws with no power

Hey, quick question...How do you know so much about your neighbor's personal business and financial affairs?

52 redundant agencies that end up spending more on payroll than actually helping.

Thanks for nothing.
Name the organization that can do everything needed? Or better yet, ask fucking Chuck Scumer if he knows what it is

Forum List

Back