Can America exist with a biased media

Bryan Luhning

Jan 8, 2021
Can a republic exist if the media fails to report news and information in a fair and unbiased manner? To many times we are being told a story with an agenda. If you don’t have all the facts how can you make an informed decision?
As a side note our government over classifies what to much information that we the people need to evaluate our representatives performance.

The media has been biased since day one of the US there is no law compelling them to be neutral and to serve up boring stories for consumption.

The media has been biased since day one of the US there is no law compelling them to be neutral and to serve up boring stories for consumption.
That is so true there are no laws but the act of not reporting laws being broken spells the end of our republic.

Wait, hode up, hode up, hode up.

baghdad-bob.jpg

Orwellian mainstream media tells readers they’re using the word 'Orwellian' all wrong

What I never saw as a fun was posting moments on these social media sites about your mundane life, every second of the day people are broadcasting their actions and thoughts, why?

What I never saw as a fun was posting moments on these social media sites about your mundane life, every second of the day people are broadcasting their actions and thoughts, why?

I think it goes back to the looking glass self theory.

That is to say that people largely adopt the notion of ''I'm not who I think I am, I'm not who you think I am, I'm who I think you think I am.''

It's actually very good topical discussion, Moonglow.

Relevant viewing...

Last edited:

I think it goes back to the looking glass self theory.

That is to say that people largely adopt the notion of ''I'm not who I think I am, I'm who I think you think I am.''

It's actually very good topical discussion, Moonglow.
Thank yous.

That is so true there are no laws but the act of not reporting laws being broken spells the end of our republic.
Hardly so since our Republic is founded on revolution.
The republic was founded to remove Americans from the tyranny of King George. Independent people will always rise above tyranny. It may take decades but tyranny has always lost to freedom.

The republic was founded to remove Americans from the tyranny of King George. Independent people will always rise above tyranny. It may take decades but tyranny has always lost to freedom.
The revolution was all about da money, no not Count de Monett although you could. It was about the wealthy in the colony wanting full control of industry and commerce in the colonies..Since mercantilism was all the rage the colonies could not print books or manufacture goods or process streel making.It was a revolution for control of the GDP...

Can a republic exist if the media fails to report news and information in a fair and unbiased manner? To many times we are being told a story with an agenda. If you don’t have all the facts how can you make an informed decision?
As a side note our government over classifies what to much information that we the people need to evaluate our representatives performance.
False premise.

There is no one size fits all "The media."

There are news reporting entities that are fair and unbiased and those that are not.

What you’re a kitten hater lol, I get your point I hope that trolls also get that they are no better and that we will only learn to live together if we respect others.

False premise.

There is no one size fits all "The media."

There are news reporting entities that are fair and unbiased and those that are not.
I haven’t seen any since I was a kid. Even that may have been because I was naive.

The revolution was all about da money, no not Count de Monett although you could. It was about the wealthy in the colony wanting full control of industry and commerce in the colonies..Since mercantilism was all the rage the colonies could not print books or manufacture goods or process streel making.It was a revolution for control of the GDP...
So a revolution for controlling one’s destiny. Freedom comes with a cost, we have become complacent in paying that cost. We must spend more time searching for answers and stop being force feed propaganda.

We have to boycott one outlet at a time.
They must be funded by other entities when their income is shriveling.

So a revolution for controlling one’s destiny. Freedom comes with a cost, we have become complacent in paying that cost. We must spend more time searching for answers and stop being force feed propaganda.
I stopped the stupid in the 1980's when will you cut the cable?

The relocation business is booming just now as those with serious wealth are purchasing "second passports" and moving assets out.

Exactly!

I'd add that with the covid hype premising all of the government control over freedom of movement, it's very interesting that a contract is really all you need to show in order to move from country to country and to get away from it all.

Now. Heh heh. Those with enough wealth really are using contracts as a second passport.

Very, very good point, Henry. This is something I had considered mentioning around here, but like so many other interesting goings-on, I'm not often confident that it's worth much effort to mention. Not with all of the smut that's being peddled via the cable news entertainment platforms dictating the narrative in settings like these.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back